Thread: Horse With No Brain Feels Sorry For Child Rapist...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Horse With No Brain Feels Sorry For Child Rapist... 

http://www.democraticunderground.com...ss=389x5057034

Horse with no Name (1000+ posts) Sun Feb-15-09 02:24 AM
    Original message
    Something about this...just makes me sick

There are simply no words.

Paris teen sentenced to 100 years in prison

http://theparisnews.com/story.lasso?ewcd=43a043dcf712f1...
    >>>snip
    Aaron Hart, 18, of 1055 22nd N.E. St., a special education student throughout his years in school, pleaded guilty Wednesday to the Sept. 28, 2008, sexual assault of a young boy who lived nearby.

>>>>>snip
    The jury deliberated about three hours Wednesday before coming back with a recommendation of 30 years in prison for three counts of sexual assault of a child and five years in prison for each of two counts of indecency with a child.

Clifford had the discretion of ordering the sentences for the 2008 Paris High School graduate to be served concurrently or consecutively.

>>>snip

“I stacked them. The kid is of diminished intellect and doesn’t need to be in prison, but there wasn’t any place to put him. I just couldn’t take a chance running him concurrently with a 30-year sentence and him being back out in the community in 15 years,” Clifford told The Paris News.

>>>snip
    The Lamar County Sheriff’s Office is investigating reports that the defendant himself was sexually assaulted in the county jail while awaiting trial.
    Skittles (1000+ posts) Sun Feb-15-09 02:26 AM
    Response to Original message
    1. I've read that child/teenage sex offenders can be rehabilitated
    100 years seems very bad

Donate to DU and give valentine hearts to your friends! Click here.
    Horse with no Name (1000+ posts) Sun Feb-15-09 02:28 AM
    Response to Reply #1
    2. In NO way do I want to diminish what he did
    because it WAS awful. However, it appeared to be a one-time thing and he obviously has diminished mental capacity.
    Yes, he needs to be punished. But 100 years? Serial rapists don't get that.
    babylonsister (1000+ posts) Sun Feb-15-09 02:28 AM
    3. I'm sick, too. He doesn't deserve to be in prison, but there's no where
    else to put him? Gawd, that's horrific.
    Horse with no Name (1000+ posts) Sun Feb-15-09 02:34 AM
    Response to Reply #3
    6. Yet look at this (same judge)
    This WHITE kid killed a Black Grandmother and her 3 year old grandson while DWI. He spent 22 days in prison and then was given shock probation.

http://www.theparisnews.com/story.lasso?ewcd=72e1b30a67...

>>>snip
    Lamar County Sheriff B.J. McCoy denied his office has shown any favoritism to Posey, whose mother is McCoy’s cousin. McCoy’s mother and Shirley Posey’s mother were sisters.
    notesdev (1000+ posts) Sun Feb-15-09 04:25 AM
    Response to Reply #3
    10. What else are we supposed to do with a child rapist?
    And let's not mince words, 'diminished capacity' or not, this guy raped a kid. A person like that can't be left free to rape another, ESPECIALLY if he hasn't the capacity to understand that what he did was wrong.

Hannah Bell (1000+ posts) Sun Feb-15-09 08:18 AM
    Response to Reply #10
    12. um, you don't know that he's a child rapist. the article doesn't say he raped
    anyone. it's impossible to tell what happened from the article. he had his pants down, that's all that's clear.
    Horse with no Name (1000+ posts) Sun Feb-15-09 10:09 AM
    Response to Reply #9
    13. No. He doesn't have ANYTHING to look forward to
    Texas prisons for a mentally unfit young man who molested a kid will end up being a death sentence. There is NO justice here.
    Pure vengeance.
    JeffR (1000+ posts) Sun Feb-15-09 02:40 AM
    8. We've lost the capacity to distinguish between bad people & sick people.
    Sic transit gloria America.

"... there wasn't any place to put him..." Ain't that America?

This kid is a danger to community.

I've know and have and do work with people with mental disabilities; none of them have ever hurt a child , or anyone else.

The kid can be sent to a mental hospital, where they don't have a parol and more likely to spend more years there then in prison; Ed Gein was sentenced to a mental hospital and spent 27 years there until he died of cancer in 1984.
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.

Hannah Bell (1000+ posts) Sun Feb-15-09 08:18 AM
    Response to Reply #10
    12. um, you don't know that he's a child rapist. the article doesn't say he raped
    anyone. it's impossible to tell what happened from the article. he had his pants down, that's all that's clear.
    I'm sure he got 100 years just for dropping his pants in front of minors

I'm also confused by why they suspect this was a one time thing. Perhaps it was a first time thing, or a first time he got caught thing. 100 years does seem a bit steep but no matter what DU wants to believe true predators can't be rehabilitated no matter what the age.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Patent Member
    Horse with no Name (1000+ posts) Sun Feb-15-09 02:28 AM
    Response to Reply #1
    2. In NO way do I want to diminish what he did
    because it WAS awful. However, it appeared to be a one-time thing and he obviously has diminished mental capacity.
    Yes, he needs to be punished. But 100 years? Serial rapists don't get that.
    Wow, I agree with Horse with no Brain on this one. This truly is outrageous. Serial rapists should get at least 100 years.

Politically tired.
    Depending on what he was in Special Ed for, I do think prison might not be the best place for him. That's coming from somebody with absolutely no patience toward child abusers (I've often said those who hurt kids should be sterilized).

Anyway, if the kid was mentally retarded, then they should be put in a mental hospital and not prison IMO. I think if the person has little intellectual abilities, then it's possible and probable that an adult taught them that behavior.

One benefit I see with the idea of putting him in a mental hospital instead of prison is that they can't be magically released after a set time. One hundred years in prison probably has an earlier than realized parole date in which they can go out and molest/rape again. However, if they were to be in a hospital until rehabilitated and no doctor ever agreed they were rehabilitated (a probability since most molestors aren't rehabilitated), then the molester/rapist could stay locked up for life.

Politically tired.
    Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    I'm sure he got 100 years just for dropping his pants in front of minors

The legal system has been known to be rougher on minors at time to make a public example. One example was in my state years ago. A 13 year old raped an adult, and got over 70 years in prison. I looked up other rape cases, and they typically got 20 years. That case was nothing more than making an example out of minor.

A person has to be pretty sick to sexually assault a child, special education or no. Special Ed covers a pretty wide range of kids. If his mental capacity is such that he doesn't understand that what he did is wrong, then I would agree that a mental hospital would be the right place for him, but if he has the mental capacity to understand what he was doing, then jail would be the right place.

Quote Originally Posted by biccat View Post
    Wow, I agree with Horse with no Brain on this one. This truly is outrageous. Serial rapists should get at least 100 years.
    I'm thinking an expedited trip to the chair myself.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    The legal system has been known to be rougher on minors at time to make a public example. One example was in my state years ago. A 13 year old raped an adult, and got over 70 years in prison. I looked up other rape cases, and they typically got 20 years. That case was nothing more than making an example out of minor.
    I under stand that. Here in Florida the state is generaly really tough on child rapists. However, my response was to the DUers who want to spin the crime as something less than what it was. They don't put people away for 100 years for something like exposing themselves. Some type of contact had to have taken place.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Calling an 18 year old a teenager is deceptive. He's an adult in that sense.

I would say that 100 years sounds tough, but that there are probably reasons why that sentence was given, either a particularly brutal attack or a past juvenile record of similar behavior. He needs to be in a prison setting that can address his needs, if he is severely developmentally delayed.

He may have been in special education for sexually acting out in school, for all we know.