Thread: Women Less Tolerant of Each Other Than Men Are, Study Finds

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Women Less Tolerant of Each Other Than Men Are, Study Finds 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Women are less tolerant of each other than men are, according to a new study which may explain why some women prefer to have a male boss.The research, published in the US journal Psychological Science, found that women formed a negative view of their peers much quicker than men did.

The team from Emmanuel College in Boston asked male and female college students to rate their room-mates under different scenarios. When asked to judge how they would rate their room-mates if they carried out a single fictional act of negative behaviour, after they had been otherwise completely trustworthy, women were... snip

The authors, led by associate professor of psychology Joyce Benenson, concluded that women were harsher on their peers because they expected more from their same-sex relationships than men did.

They wrote: "Women may simply weight negative information more heavily than men do, because negative information disrupts the establishment of intimacy, which serves a more important function in same-sex relationships for women than for men."

snip.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sciencean...udy-finds.html

Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    Women are less tolerant of each other than men are, according to a new study which may explain why some women prefer to have a male boss.The research, published in the US journal Psychological Science, found that women formed a negative view of their peers much quicker than men did.

The team from Emmanuel College in Boston asked male and female college students to rate their room-mates under different scenarios. When asked to judge how they would rate their room-mates if they carried out a single fictional act of negative behaviour, after they had been otherwise completely trustworthy, women were... snip

The authors, led by associate professor of psychology Joyce Benenson, concluded that women were harsher on their peers because they expected more from their same-sex relationships than men did.

They wrote: "Women may simply weight negative information more heavily than men do, because negative information disrupts the establishment of intimacy, which serves a more important function in same-sex relationships for women than for men."

snip.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sciencean...udy-finds.html
    i coulda told em that....for free..:p
    Say what ya mean and get to the point quick....I don't have the attention span to listen to bullshit...

Politically tired.
    I didn't need a study to tell me that. I figured it out in middle and high school when observing male vs. female gym teachers.

I sometimes take it as a compliment though. I figure if a woman is more critical, it sometimes means they expect more. That means they think women are capable of more than the male bosses might think.

But then women get more gossipy, and that's when I want to get into bitchslap mode. That's especially true in store settings. The men are normally just so much easier to get along with.

Duh.

Women tear each other apart in ways that men haven't even dreamed up yet.

It's sometimes humorous to listen to but I usually get bored after 5 minutes.

Politically tired.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Duh.

Women tear each other apart in ways that men haven't even dreamed up yet.

It's sometimes humorous to listen to but I usually get bored after 5 minutes.

I thought guys liked to see women fight. I know they do if it's physical.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    Pulling each other's hair is not a fight that I want to watch. :D

Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    It's the cattiness that cracks me up. Especially when a new, hotter chick joins the group. But like I said, after 5 minutes I'm ready for a Drano martini. :D

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by RobJohnson View Post
    Pulling each other's hair is not a fight that I want to watch. :D
    Bikini Vaseline/Jello/Mud Wrestling to the end when every contestant is stripped to the buff.

Women are much difficult as supervisors for both men and women. I think it's because women tend to confuse working relationships with friendships or family relationships. When a woman says she wants to treat you "like family" - run!

Men tend to evaluate people on their work product. They don't care if you don't ask about their kids or refuse to attend the company picnic. Women want your work and your emotional attention. It's tedious.

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    Women are much difficult as supervisors for both men and women. I think it's because women tend to confuse working relationships with friendships or family relationships. When a woman says she wants to treat you "like family" - run!

Men tend to evaluate people on their work product. They don't care if you don't ask about their kids or refuse to attend the company picnic. Women want your work and your emotional attention. It's tedious.
    Well said.
    2009 CU Pro Football Pick'em Champ