Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Troublesome Tuesday 
    Time to watch the pen hit the paper that will add $787bil in debt (plus interest) for us to pay.

TOTD:I went to the State Fair yesterday. When I came home, I looked in the mirror and realized my face was very noticeably sunburnt. It seemed odd, considering it was cool enough for me to wear a light jacket the first half of the day (plus it's February, so I didn't even think about sunscreen!). So my question is: Has anything caught you off guard recently? Wrong season, like me? Wrong time of day? Wrong timing? Or something just completely out-of-the-blue...
    "Because we're a great nation, our challenges seem complex; it will always be this way. But as long as we remember our first principals and believe in ourselves, the future will always be ours." -Reagan

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Yay!!! Someone else grabbed the Tuesday thread.

Good, cause I had nothin this morning. :D
    May the FORCE be with you!

I think I'll pass on watching. Perhaps you can post a message and give us the Readers Digest version :D

TOTD: I was caught off guard by the DUers actually having a sense of humor
    http://www.conservativeunderground.c...ad.php?t=11496

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    I think I'll pass on watching. Perhaps you can post a message and give us the Readers Digest version :D

TOTD: I was caught off guard by the DUers actually having a sense of humor
    http://www.conservativeunderground.c...ad.php?t=11496
    Does it have to be something political? I think I can come up with a "caught off guard" statement on any given day for something political.
    "Because we're a great nation, our challenges seem complex; it will always be this way. But as long as we remember our first principals and believe in ourselves, the future will always be ours." -Reagan

It should be a sunny but windy day out here. Hopefully, the wind will blow the stench of the Porkulus signing out of the state this afternoon.

TOTD: Part of my backyard is fenced off to prevent the dogs from frolicking in the veggies. From time to time, Scout would mysteriously appear behind the fence. I figured he was just jumping it since he's very athletic and the fence is more symbolic than tactical.

Yesterday I caught him in the act. He was squeezing through a small opening in the decorative iron work. By small, I mean really small. Apparently Shelties are like rats: if they can get their pointy heads through an opening, they can squish themselves on through. I would never in a million years have thought that he would fit through there.

So, I was kind of unprepared for that. I emphasize "was". :D

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    It should be a sunny but windy day out here. Hopefully, the wind will blow the stench of the Porkulus signing out of the state this afternoon.

TOTD: Part of my backyard is fenced off to prevent the dogs from frolicking in the veggies. From time to time, Scout would mysteriously appear behind the fence. I figured he was just jumping it since he's very athletic and the fence is more symbolic than tactical.

Yesterday I caught him in the act. He was squeezing through a small opening in the decorative iron work. By small, I mean really small. Apparently Shelties are like rats: if they can get their pointy heads through an opening, they can squish themselves on through. I would never in a million years have thought that he would fit through there.

Don't feel bad Ginger. We spent $3000 having a "dog run" put on the side of the house. Pavers, two gated areas, sun screens, water connection...damn nice dog run.

The whippet easily squeezes through the bars in the wrought iron fence. I don't want to put wire up on the fence, because it's ugly. So...the dogs get put in the run, the whippet escapes and runs around in the back yard all day, teasing the dogs stuck in the run.

rm -rf obama*

Quote Originally Posted by AHeneen View Post
    Does it have to be something political? I think I can come up with a "caught off guard" statement on any given day for something political.
    My surprise is not politically motivated. I just haven't seen those on DU show much signs of having a sense of humor about anything and it surprised me. How about the day I converted to Christianity. No one was more surprised than me :D. Is that acceptable?

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Shelties are a lot smaller than they look. Get rid of all that hair and they are tiny....

C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    Shelties are a lot smaller than they look. Get rid of all that hair and they are tiny....
    That's true. The funny thing is that Scout is dead-on normal for size and weight but the runt Sheltie who is much smaller has never even attempted to squeeze through the fence.

That's true. The funny thing is that Scout is dead-on normal for size and weight but the runt Sheltie who is much smaller has never even attempted to squeeze through the fence.
    Fasha was the same way. There was a small hole in the fence and she would look through it but never tried to get into the neighbor's yard until the neighbor got a dog that squeezed through and showed Fasha it was possible. Some times shelties are brilliant and some times they act as thick as a brick.

C. S. Lewis