1. #1 'You'd Hit It' Female Boxer Banned For Breast Implants. 
    Woman boxer becomes first to be banned from the ring for having breast implants

By Daily Mail Reporter
    Last updated at 11:01 AM on 16th February 2009

Comments (37) Add to My Stories A model-turned-boxer has been banned from fighting - because of her breast implants.

Sarah Blewden, 25, has been told that repeated blows to her false breasts could knock them out of shape and damage her breast tissue.

Now boxing chiefs won't allow her to compete - dealing a knock-out blow for her hopes of competing in the Olympics in the future.

The pretty pugilist had breast enlargement surgery in 2003 to take her chest size up to a 32C from a 32B and to boost her modeling career.

Banned: Former model Sarah Blewden's fledgling boxing career has been hit by a ban in case she damages her 32C breast implants

Talking about the ban Miss Blewden said: 'I think it is just ridiculous. My surgeon said they make me no more vulnerable than any other woman. They are not enormous ones - they are in proportion.'

She turned to boxing two years ago as a way of keeping fit but realised she had a natural talent for it. Sarah, who runs a successful hair salon, applied to the Amateur Boxing Association (ABA) so she could compete in the ring.

She was stunned when she was told she wasn't allowed to fight under Queensbury rules due to her implants.

A medical expert from the association said Sarah's chest was at risk of 'capsular contracture' or distortion if they were repeatedly hit. Blood cells in the breast tissue pushed forward by the implants could also be harmed, it was ruled.

Sarah, from Poole, Dorset, said: 'I think it is just ridiculous. My surgeon said they make me no more vulnerable than any other woman. They are not enormous ones - they are in proportion. 'They are gel implants and not liquid so they won't burst. And if I suffer capsular contracture and need to pay for corrective surgery then that is my decision.'

Sarah also asked the ABA if she could wear a breast protector in the ring but was told that might not prevent her breasts from damage.

She said: 'They told me they have not got an approved breast protector but it just seems they haven't done the research and aren't willing to do it. I think I am the first woman to approach the ABA with this problem.

'Women haven't been allowed to box for that long and this is an obstacle I want to get over so other women like me won't have the same problem.'
    This is exactly why I am not realizing my boxing potential: the very thought of getting punched in the chest is wince-inducing. :eek:

Daily Mail

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    This is exactly why I am not realizing my boxing potential: the very thought of getting punched in the chest is wince-inducing. :eek:

Daily Mail
    ???
    She's an attractive woman.
    Why would she want to mess that up by boxing??

rm -rf obama*

Quote Originally Posted by BadCat View Post
    ???
    I don't understand women's boxing. I've seen "Million Dollar baby" twice and I still don't get it.

Power CUer
    I don't understand women's boxing. I've seen "Million Dollar baby" twice and I still don't get it.
    I don't understand boxing, period, no matter which sex is getting banged around.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    I don't understand boxing, period, no matter which sex is getting banged around.
    Men do all kinds of crazy things, I'm used to that. I just don't see what women get out of boxing. It's got to hurt, the clothes are ugly, and it obviously messes up your hair. I'm not seeing the upside here.

Quote Originally Posted by BadCat View Post
    ???
    damn good question. Especially when jello wrestling would be so much more entertaining ;)
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Men do all kinds of crazy things, I'm used to that. I just don't see what women get out of boxing. It's got to hurt, the clothes are ugly, and it obviously messes up your hair. I'm not seeing the upside here.

Made me chuckle. :)