Thread: Supreme Court strikes down DC handgun ban (DC V. HELLER)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Supreme Court strikes down DC handgun ban (DC V. HELLER) 
    DUmmies.

derby378 (1000+ posts) Thu Jun-26-08 10:14 AM
    Original message
    Supreme Court strikes down DC handgun ban (DC V. HELLER)
    Advertisements [?]Edited on Thu Jun-26-08 10:15 AM by derby378
    Source: SCOTUSblog

Details to follow. Scalia wrote the majority opinion.

The Second Amendment guarantees an individual right to possess a firearm.

Read more: http://www.scotusblog.com/wp /

:D

Of course, it's BusHitler's fault;

BrklynLib at work (1000+ posts) Thu Jun-26-08 10:17 AM
    Response to Original message
    2. It is just what BushCo and minions ordered!!!
    Tell me again how there was no difference between Bush and Gore ...or Bush and Kerry!!!!!!!!!!!
    They have made a mockery of the Supreme Court..

Grow a functioning brain, moonbat.

Brklynlib distrust the government so much, he wants them to have all the guns.

Maybe one day he'll leave New York and go visit America.
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.

fascisthunter (1000+ posts) Thu Jun-26-08 10:21 AM
    Response to Reply #3
    6. so the gun industry profits
    you really think this is about rights? Fascists in the Supreme Court don't give a shit about rights. They protect those who want to profit and they rule to protect that profit taking irregardless of the People's rights.

TO many have been sucked into the NRA meme.... now if only these same folks worked so hard to keep this FISA bill from passing.... yeah rights.
    Dimensio0 (191 posts) Thu Jun-26-08 10:23 AM
    Response to Reply #6
    13. Are you saying that you disagree with the ruling,
    or are you saying that you disagree with the alleged motivation behind the ruling? If it is the latter, what evidence have you that "gun industry profits" directly motivated the ruling. If it is the former, what evidence have you that "gun industry profits" directly motivated the ruling and why do you believe that the ruling should have been different?
    :eek: TS watch on this obvious Repuke.

fascisthunter (1000+ posts) Thu Jun-26-08 10:27 AM
    Response to Reply #13
    25. Why Yes I DO... That's My Right
    get used to it.
    Looking for a fascist to support, fascisthunter?

SteveM (1000+ posts) Thu Jun-26-08 10:24 AM
    Response to Reply #6
    15. If you're so concerned about fascism, why do you support gun control? (nt)
    fascisthunter (1000+ posts) Thu Jun-26-08 10:28 AM
    Response to Reply #15
    26. Gun Control... LOL. Can You Own a Nuke
    Edited on Thu Jun-26-08 10:29 AM by fascisthunter
    save the rhetoric. Where's your militia... ya... didn't think so.
    fascisthunter (1000+ posts) Thu Jun-26-08 10:28 AM
    Response to Reply #15
    26. Gun Control... LOL. Can You Own a Nuke
    Edited on Thu Jun-26-08 10:30 AM by fascisthunter
    save the rhetoric. Where's your militia... ya... didn't think so.

All about fear, cowards, suckers and profit takers. Not about your rights. With a gun, you endanger more than protect. But don't let your ego stop ya. Fascists love guns.. it give them a sense of security. Might makes right...
    DUmb-ass, this ruling makes it an individual right.

pt22 (251 posts) Thu Jun-26-08 11:02 AM
    Response to Reply #26
    94. Nothing personal, but that opinion is batshit insane.
    No doubt!
    Last edited by Teetop; 06-26-2008 at 11:07 AM. Reason: edit to add fascisthunter's edit & add pt22's comment

I have a visual of fascisthunter about to blow a blood vessel. :D

fascisthunter (1000+ posts) Thu Jun-26-08 10:41 AM
    Response to Reply #33
    57. right..... guns will protect ya... keep telling yourself that
    and when it comes time, pray to the ghost in the sky that you don't blow an innocents head off. Your pee shooter will do nothing to stop tyranny. Only political solutions and peaceful solutions will ever do anything. Meanwhile, you'll feel safe thinking you will know what to do when that Hollywood script presents itself. I find this whole debate laughable.

No wonder America has selected the likes of Bush for two terms. Everybody thinks they are John Wayne.... FEAR without THINKING. More guns will only make us less secure and de-evolved as a society. May as well get rid of the Police Force too... who needs their protection anymore, we'll just privatize security and leave personal security up to the individual.

Fear is the motive behind the need for gun protection. It begins with fear and rolls downhill from there. It's why we have an arms race, but hey, don't let those facts stop ya.

PS - arming yourself will not make you safer from your own government. Tank meets SteveM. That destroys your theory that people like me want you to at the whims of your government. You already are unless you try to change the government. Having a gun is ban aid on your insecurity and if you are planning on protecting yourself from your government you might want to pay attention to those other freedoms you are presently losing. Those freedoms that allowed you more protection than any idiot gun you will ever hold in your hand.

I see people filled with fear grasping for guns because they gave up on trying to fix a mess. More band aids for the fearful.

bossy22 (1000+ posts) Thu Jun-26-08 10:50 AM
    Response to Reply #26
    70. why dont you read the oppinion
    it will answer many of your questions

its much more productive than fear mongering
    fascisthunter doesn't need to read a damn thing, he knows it all already!

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Second Amendment of the U.S. Constitution protects an individual right to keep and bear arms, rather than a right tied to service in a state militia.

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The U.S. Supreme Court ruled on Thursday, for the first time in the nation's history, that individual Americans have the right to own guns for personal use, and struck down a strict gun control law in the nation's capital.

The landmark 5-4 ruling marked the first time in nearly 70 years that the high court has addressed whether the Second Amendment of the U.S. Constitution protects an individual right to keep and bear arms, rather than a right tied to service in a state militia.

http://www.reuters.com/article/topNe...rpc=22&sp=true

The next reply will be deleted for sure;

comtec (575 posts) Thu Jun-26-08 10:50 AM
    Response to Reply #51
    72. WHO ... WHO THE FUCK HAS EVER SAID THEY WOULD TAKE YOUR FUCKING COCKS AWAY YOU FUCKING MORAN!
    JUST TELL ME WHO!!!!!!!!

IO am so fucking tired f this STUPID, SMALL MINDED< TINY COCKED outlook!!!!

WHO THE FUCK HAS EVER SAID THAT YOU BRAIN DEAD SACK OF SHIT!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

LINK, I WANT FUCKING LINK AND STORIES of an ACTUAL LAW MAKER!!!!!!!!!

I am so fucking tired of that bullshit argument!

The point of the registration laws ARE REGISTRATION!!!!!!!!

The idea is to keep them out of the hands of LOONS AND FELONS NOT REGULAR PEOPLE!!!!

And there has never NOT ONCE, been a law (passed or seriously proposed) that would TAKE GUNS AWAY FROM OWNERS!!!!!

I am all for RESPONSIBLE gun ownership. NON-AUTOMATIC guns, hunting riffles, I am especially in favor of because they tend to require a damned bit of intelligence to use and maintain... they're also hard as hell to CONCEAL!

so please, show me ACTUAL PROOF, and not some NRA bullshit! of anyone actually saying they seriously want to take away anyone's firearms from their homes!

ok.. i've had a minute or two to calm down... I suppose somewhere some obscure person or two (in law making not some ass-hat off the street) suggested taking away firearms from peoples homes. but no law has ever been passed to that effect, nor would it.
    I don't much care for people's interpretation of the 2nd amendment referring to anything other than a well regulated militia!
    People have no business with military grade weapons!
    Hunting is fine. Riffles are often used responsibly, but that's the point of a hand gun?
    it has one purpose, to kill another human being.

Does anyone care that the rest of the civilized world sees us as barbarians?! I have talked to people over here who ACTUALLY THINK it's a LAW that EVERY PERSON IN THE US MUST OWN OR CARRY A GUN!!!!!!!

so if that's seriously what you want.. go ahead, make Genghis proud. Some of us actually want to try and improve the level of civilization in the US and the world.
    :eek:

So much for that rant, the SC just ruled and you can't stand the outcome.

bossy22 (1000+ posts) Thu Jun-26-08 10:53 AM
    Response to Reply #72
    79. calm down man
    btw google the katrina gun confiscation and you will get some of your answers
    D__S (1000+ posts) Thu Jun-26-08 10:57 AM
    Response to Reply #72
    87. To be perfectly honest...
    I couldn't give a flying fuck what the sheeple in "the rest of the civilized world" think about us, our firearms policy or or anything else for that matter.
    Last edited by Teetop; 06-26-2008 at 10:59 AM. Reason: to add replies to #72

Blue_Tires (1000+ posts) Thu Jun-26-08 10:51 AM
    Response to Original message
    74. well, at least there will be
    no gun wedge issue in november, and i can be happy about that...having lived in DC, i can say the 'ban' existed on paper only, anyways -- anyone who wanted to carry was going to carry, ban or no...
    Except for one minor detail, SnObama said the ban was constitutional.

bossy22 (1000+ posts) Thu Jun-26-08 10:54 AM
    Response to Reply #74
    81. exactly
    it removes much of the wedge issue for this election so we can get a candidate in there who can really fix this mess- Whinnie the Pooh

fascisthunter (1000+ posts) Thu Jun-26-08 11:07 AM
    Response to Reply #94
    100. What... the fact arms are regulated
    but pro-gunners still throw out the same meme to support their insane need for guns or the sale of guns? Then I'd agree.... it is insane especially to pretend this issue is about our collective rights. It's about an industry being able to sell guns to individuals who care less about the fact that guns make society less safe. But man does it feel good to hold one. Make little men feel like big shots.

Well, I say every person who buys a gun for security should sign a waiver saying, no need for police to come to their homes when something happens. Afterall, a gun makes them safer.
    Hmmmm, I agree with fascisthunter on his last point. After I shoot and kill some scumbag trying to steal something, I don't need no stinking cop snooping around while I am burying the body.

BSR
    Quote Originally Posted by Teetop View Post
    Hmmmm, I agree with fascisthunter on his last point. After I shoot and kill some scumbag trying to steal something, I don't need no stinking cop snooping around while I am burying the body.

hahaha, what a fag. I bet Fascisthunter is the first to start screaming about how the USA is becoming a police state and now he wants to use the fine men and women who protect and serve as a soapbox to try and make his fucking retarded point?

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Vegas View Post
    hahaha, what a fag. I bet Fascisthunter is the first to start screaming about how the USA is becoming a police state and now he wants to use the fine men and women who protect and serve as a soapbox to try and make his fucking retarded point?
    From the looks of it, fascisthunter took a beating on that thread.