Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 I Put My Carter Hating RePuke Boss In His Place: So much fun! 
    Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    ReformedChris (250 posts)
    Wed Jun-25-08 02:59 PM
    Original message
    I Put My Carter Hating RePuke Boss In His Place: So much fun!

First off, My boss (who like me is in his Mid-20's)and I have very open political discussions, so I fear no retaliation whatsoever for standing my ground and letting him know my political views. He is however a very aggressive Fundie RePuke that carries Hanni-Limb-Savage water on a daily basis (Endless RW Talk Radio Talking Points). It was very fun to have him discover that Carter was far stronger and a better president than he could have imagined.

We were having a discussion about worst presidents ever and I let him know Dubya will probably go down as the worst president in history. He took the typical RePuke position and put Carter at the top of the crap list. He was bashing Carter up and down, every issue from the economy, to the military, and Iran Hostage. I just told him the truth and let him know about some "hidden" facts regarding the greatness of James Earl Carter.

1) Military: Carter did absolutely NO damage to the military. His plan for a smaller nuclear force and responsible conventional forces spending was the right thing to do. It would have kept the Soviet threat nuetralized and would not have led to the fiscal disaster of the Reagan 80's wasted arms buildup. My boss took the "Oh He cancelled the B-1 Bomber and made us weaker against the Soviets" angle. Again, I had to smack him down with the truth. Carter cancelled the B-1 program because it was a bumper technology to the next generation. Carter APPROVED the secret ATB Bomber Program in 1978. The ATB eventually became the B-2 Stealth Bomber, America's finest strategic air asset. Reagan abused this issue in the election and Carter COULD have brought the ATB to light for political expediancy, but he chose to keep it quiet! Carter was a patriot and rightly kept this nations secret. I asked my boss, "is that the act of a terrorist sympathizer or a america hater?" Again, just a simply "Oh" in response.

2) Panama Canal Treaty: I simply told him how he would like it if another country owned the most important/profitable piece of real estate in your native country. Jaw dropped, I told him how he would like it if Mexico owned the Mississippi River or Canada controlled the Interstate Highway System. The native population (us) would not like that at all! He was quiet after that.

3) Iran Hostage Crisis: He hammered away on this issue. I asked him flat out "Do you believe military men should plan and execute missions without political interferece?" He said "Absolutely". I let him know to look up Operation Eagle Claw and see how the failure to rescue the hostages rested with the Military and bad weather! The Military planned that disaster (Col. Beckwith I think was his name)and Carter tried his best, but it just did not pan out. I also let him know that Bush lets HIS commanders make the decisions on the ground and that is ok with you, but Carter doing the same thing is ignorance? Simple Silence

4) Economy: I just left it as Free Markets and inheriting the Nixon/Vietnam disaster economy. I was too tired to debate anymore.

It was very fun to put this RePuke in his place. I wish more people would stick up for Carter and not let conservatives take advantage of this hole in history. Carter had his faults, but he did the best possible job he could have. He is an honest American and one President that we can always look up to with pride (Unlike Dubya, who is a skidmark on this nations history!).
    This sounds like it is directly taken from the bouncy template.

Hidden facts about the "greatness" of Jimmah. ROFL!!!!!! :D

First, Jimmy Carter gutted national intelligence withe the help of Admiral Stansfield Turner, his CIA director.Human intelligence assets in Eastern Europe, the Middle East, Southwest Asia, and Asia proper were either eliminated outright by outing the sources to the governments or just left to wither on the vine. Decades of careful, purposeful cultivation by the United States were gone within a year. This was done in a spirit of cooperation with the USSR.

Second, Carter gave the Panama Canal away in order obtain "human rights" concessions from Panamaian strongman General Trijullio and his right hand, Manuel Noreiga. After Trijuillo's "death", guess who succeeded him? Who controls the Panama Canal now?.............the PRC does through shell companies. Really smart, Jimmy, to give away a crucial piece of national defense.

Third, Jimmy Carter trusted Khomeini as a "man of God" and trusted him implicitly so has to withdraw long term support to the Shah. This action led to more deaths directly by Khomeini of Iranian intelligensia and leadership (political, business, religious, and social) than Savak ever committed. Carter's actions led directly to the 444 days of the Iranian hostage crisis of 52 Americans. Khomeini promptly created Iran as an Islamic nation and gave rise to the terrorist group, Hezbollah, funded from petrodollars on Iranian oil. Carter also "trusted" Brezhnev, we also know what Carter said when the USSR invaded Afghanistan ......"I can't believe the Russians lied to me!"

Fourth, 12% inflation rate, 21% interest rates, 10% unemployment rates...........Carter's "misery index" from the nightly news.

Fifth, 45% reduction in fighter aircraft, 75% reduction in ships, 83% reduction in attack submarines, and a 90% reduction in helicopters, in addition to eliminating the B-1 bomber.

Sixth, Carter waited six months before launching a poorly executed rescue effort in which the plan was never committed to paper for evaluation by the Joint Chiefs, provided only six helicopters, and had no full dress rehearsal for the participants. Add the fact that the pilots weren't allowed to meet with their weather forecasters because of a security worry and you have a first class Carter SNAFU.

Seventh, Carter allowed Soviet expansion into South Yemen, Ethiopia, Afghanistan, Angola, Cambodia, Mozambique, Grenada and Nicaragua.

Eighth, Jimmy's energy crisis..............I could go on and on and on and on

Carter is the worst President the United States has had ...................until Obama gets in and makes Carter look good.

*Facts are from Investors Business Daily Issues and Insights, October 2, 2006
    Last edited by ReaganForRus; 06-25-2008 at 04:11 PM. Reason: confirmation of actual facts

Strange how the liberal spin-meisters operate. The comparison was drawn by McCain in a retort to some idiotic economic plan by St. Oblama. Almost immediately someone retells the history of the Carter admin. I was 7 when the gas lines, hostages, the misery index, was occurring and "from the mouthes of babes" I knew Carter sucked. What our nation faces is a dark path we've never traveled. My only question is how many members of the 'Council on Foreign Relations' will guide this arrogant, inexperienced puppets policies.

And he haven't even gotten into what a horrible ex-president he has been and is.

http://www.nationalreview.com/flashb...nger101102.asp

First off, My boss (who like me is in his Mid-20's)and I have very open political discussions, so I fear no retaliation whatsoever for standing my ground and letting him know my political views. He is however a very aggressive Fundie RePuke that carries Hanni-Limb-Savage water on a daily basis (Endless RW Talk Radio Talking Points)
    Wow, a fundie repuke boss that does NOT fire an insubordinant, loudmouth DUmmie? Doesn't that kind of blow the hateful, intolerant image they have? :D
    -
    -
    -

In actual dollars, President Obama’s $4.4 trillion in deficit spending in just three years is 37 percent higher than the previous record of $3.2 trillion (held by President George W. Bush) in deficit spending for an entire presidency. It’s no small feat to demolish an 8-year record in just 3 years.

Under Obama’s own projections, interest payments on the debt are on course to triple from 2010 (his first budgetary year) to 2018, climbing from $196 billion to $685 billion annually.

This person was obviously not alive when we were all suffering under Jimmy C.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

Ah, the good o'l days. Gas lines, stagnant military pay, lack of spare parts, and as far as I am concerned, he pussified the US in the middle ease until Khadafi found 500 pounders flying thru his tent.

Quote Originally Posted by Molon Labe View Post
    This person was obviously not alive when we were all suffering under Jimmy C.
    yep ... he said that he was 'mid 20's' just like his boss (can you say Fry Cook (the poster) and Burger King manager (his boss)) ... wasn't even a toddler till RR was elected

Now they think if you make a long winded bouncy, you'll believe it.

Sorry.

Bullsh*t is bullsh*t no matter how tall the pile; BTW, go out and rent USED CARS ( AKA LEMONS) with Kurt Russel as a review of the Carter years.
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan D. Doty View Post
    Now they think if you make a long winded bouncy, you'll believe it.

Sorry.

Bullsh*t is bullsh*t no matter how tall the pile; BTW, go out and rent USED CARS ( AKA LEMONS) with Kurt Russel as a review of the Carter years.
    Its help if you lived during the Carter years to know what you'retalking about Reformed, not just go on the word of a bunch of drunk Hippies who you hang around with on your days off.
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.