"Always keep mystery. Not many interviews." There you have it, fledgling bands of the world. If you start right now and keep in mind those rules, as well as some key others, in about a decade's time you can have the number one album in the world.
Coldplay tops the International Federation of the Phonographic Industry's report listing the 50 best-selling albums of 2008. Coldplay moved 6.8 million copies of Viva La Vida or Death and All His Friends, more than High School Musical 2, which had the number one spot in 2007.
Filling out the rest of the top 5 were AC/DC, the soundtrack to Mamma Mia!, Duffy, and Metallica, and who knows what this list is going to look like next year, now that the Earth has fallen through a wormhole into the year 1998. See the rest of the list below.
1. Coldplay: Viva La Vida or Death and All His Friends
2. AC/DC: Black Ice
3. Various Artists: Mamma Mia! The Movie Soundtrack
4. Duffy: Rockferry
5. Metallica: Death Magnetic
6. Leona Lewis: Spirit
7. Amy Winehouse: Back to Black
8. Various Aritsts: High School Musical 3: Senior Year
9. Lil Wayne: Tha Carter III
10. Rihanna: Good Girl Gone Bad
11. Madonna: Hard Candy
12. Beyonce: I Am...Sasha Fierce
13. P!ink: Funhouse
14. Guns N' Roses: Chinese Democracy
15: Britney Spears: Circus
16. Jack Johnson: Sleep Through The Static
17. Il Divo: The Promise
18. Taylor Swift: Fearless
19. Jonas Brothers: A Little Bit Longer
20. Various Artists: Camp Rock OST
21. Kings of Leon: Only By The Night
22. Nickelback: Dark Horse
23. Miley Cyrus: Breakout
24. Kid Rock: Rock N Roll Jesus
25. Enya: And Winter came
and twenty five more !