Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18
  1. #1 We're Racial Cowards 
    Senior Member ironhorsedriver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Coal Fields of WV
    Posts
    507
    Holder: US is nation of cowards on racial matters

    Feb 18 02:21 PM US/Eastern
    By DEVLIN BARRETT
    Associated Press Writer

    WASHINGTON (AP) - Attorney General Eric Holder described the United States Wednesday as a nation of cowards on matters of race, saying most Americans avoid discussing unresolved racial issues.
    In a speech to Justice Department employees marking Black History Month, Holder said the workplace is largely integrated but Americans still self-segregate on the weekends and in their private lives.

    "Though this nation has proudly thought of itself as an ethnic melting pot, in things racial we have always been and continue to be, in too many ways, essentially a nation of cowards," said Holder, nation's first black attorney general.

    Race issues continue to be a topic of political discussion, Holder said, but "we, as average Americans, simply do not talk enough with each other about race."

    He urged people of all races to use Black History Month as a chance for frank talk about racial matters.

    "It is an issue we have never been at ease with and, given our nation's history, this is in some ways understandable," Holder said. "If we are to make progress in this area, we must feel comfortable enough with one another and tolerant enough of each other to have frank conversations about the racial matters that continue to divide us."

    He told Justice Department employees they have a special responsibility to advance racial understanding.
    Copyright 2009 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #2  
    What a tool.

    People socialize with other people who share the same the value systems, interests, and economic backgrounds. I don't pal around with atheists, illegal immigrants, Asian porcelain collectors, or black professional athletes.

    There is no point in forcing a fake friendship just to cut another notch in your multi-culti bedpost. I would be bored beyond belief hanging around someone who didn't share my interests or hobbies. Now my experience has been that I have more in common with middle class blacks who attend church than I do with whites who own football teams or Asians who work in the porn industry.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #3  
    Power CUer FlaGator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    The Swamps of N. Florida
    Posts
    22,332
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    What a tool.

    People socialize with other people who share the same the value systems, interests, and economic backgrounds. I don't pal around with atheists, illegal immigrants, Asian porcelain collectors, or black professional athletes.

    There is no point in forcing a fake friendship just to cut another notch in your multi-culti bedpost. I would be bored beyond belief hanging around someone who didn't share my interests or hobbies. Now my experience has been that I have more in common with middle class blacks who attend church than I do with whites who own football teams or Asians who work in the porn industry.
    For some reason this surprises me....

    I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    For some reason this surprises me....
    You have no idea how tedious it is to discuss current events with a Korean-American porn star or Pat Bowlen.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #5  
    Power CUer FlaGator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    The Swamps of N. Florida
    Posts
    22,332
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    You have no idea how tedious it is to discuss current events with a Korean-American porn star or Pat Bowlen.
    Probably about as tedious as discussing Christianity or abortion with Wilbur.

    I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    Probably about as tedious as discussing Christianity or abortion with Wilbur.
    Yeah, probably. :p
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #7  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    nc
    Posts
    670
    Isn't the point of Holder's race comment the same ole? What ever you do never ever forget about the racial aspect of another. No, that would be soooo wrong. Why, if all the race talk subsided, people would likely gravitate toward treating others based on an individual basis. Think of the horror!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #8  
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    11,970
    Quote Originally Posted by 3rd-try View Post
    Isn't the point of Holder's race comment the same ole? What ever you do never ever forget about the racial aspect of another. No, that would be soooo wrong. Why, if all the race talk subsided, people would likely gravitate toward treating others based on an individual basis. Think of the horror!
    Yep, but think of the horror of those white folks that guilt tripped into voting for the first black man as Prez. He might not have gotten elected without their support.:eek: It would also be so terrible that shake down artist like Jessie and greaseball Al would have to get a real job. Or those blacks that got jobs, education, promotions because of their race and set asides. This double talking negro probably was a prodigy of affirminative action. Stirring up racial divide is what Democraps do best.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #9  
    Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    Posts
    13,581
    Quote Originally Posted by Troll View Post
    Take from that quote whatever you will.



    Gosh, I wonder why? The OJ Simpson trial proved that the only thing worse than being a double-murderer is being a racist - maybe nobody wants to take the chance of being accused of racism?



    "Frank talk" about "racial matters", eh? Okay, I have some questions that I would like "frank" answers to:

    1. Why is there a Black History Month? Miss Black America? NAACP? UNCF? BET? Discuss possible social and political reactions to a White History Month, a Miss White America pageant, an NAAWP, a UWCF and a WET.

    2. Why do we celebrate Martin Luther King Jr's birthday, but Washington and Lincoln's birthday are lumped together? Further, I'd like an explanation as to how Affirmative Action fits in with MLK's vision for America.

    3. Why is it that when a black stripper from Durham doesn't get raped by a gang of white kids, the media has a year-long, race-fueled orgy, but when two white kids from Tennessee are robbed, kidnapped, raped, mutilated and murdered by a gang of black kids, there isn't so much as a whisper about it?

    4. Please explain why blacks make up 13% of the US population but roughly half of the prison population. Expand on your point using the words 'racist' and 'racism' as little as possible.

    5. Please describe in your own words what constitutes a "hate crime" and why you feel "hate crime" legislation is necessary. Give specific examples to illustrate whom this legislation is protecting in the real world.

    6. Please explain why the US Patent and Trademark Office ruled that "White Pride" is "Offensive" and "Immoral", yet they approved "Black Power" and "Black Supremacy".

    7. Please give me valid definitions for the words 'racist', 'bigot', 'intolerant' 'xenophobic' and 'biased', and tell me which, if any, of these one might be called if they asked these questions in a public forum.
    Excellent questions. And valid. And impossible to actually bring up without being accused of being a racist.

    The double standard is in place.
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #10  
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Sunny,FL
    Posts
    43,278
    Hey Holder, Fuck You asshole. Blackly of course.

    Maybe the reason US prisons are filled with blacks is...I don't know...gee...THEY COMMITTED THE CRIMES TO BE PUT THERE???? AG Moran...

    Kiss my ass with BHM.
    May the FORCE be with you!
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •