Thread: Burris Statements to Lawmakers Referred to Prosecutor

1. #1 Burris Statements to Lawmakers Referred to Prosecutor 
    By Andrew Harris

Feb. 17 (Bloomberg) -- U.S. Senator Roland Burris’s statements to Illinois lawmakers about whether he solicited political donations for former Governor Rod Blagojevich before getting named to the Senate are being reviewed by a prosecutor.
    Blagojevich was removed from office for abuse of power a month after he appointed Burris, a fellow Democrat, to President Barack Obama’s former seat. State lawmakers say Burris, 71, altered his account of how he got the job, and the U.S. Senate Ethics committee today said it would conduct its own review.
    “He was destined to have a difficult primary and now that is a guaranty,” said Jennifer Duffy, editor of the nonpartisan Cook Political Report newsletter. Burris faces an election for the seat in 2010. “The chances of him surviving it have diminished,” Duffy said.

link to the article

The senate 'ethics' review should be a breeze for Burris. Given the state of politics in IL, his re-election should be a snap.
    "If every poor man is to come here and start requesting money for all his children, the applicants will never be satisfied and the nation's finances will collapse." Emperor Tiberius: Tacitus:Annals

Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    Can't say I'm surprised by this.

Burris is a greasy little wet fart of a man.
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!

Banned
    Now that a prosecuter is looking at this, we will get little info about this crook. Democraps have got this crap down pat. Deny, delay and eventually it might go away. Rep Jefferson of LA, cold cash king, was caught red handed 3 years ago and still no trial yet. However, a Repub like Libby gets a quick and fast track to trial. I don't look for crooked IL politicians like Burris and the ex-governor to go to trial. Belago has to much dirt on Obama's scumbag friends. I would not be surprised if he wound up missing Jimmy Hoffa style.