1. #1 Dead Cat And Poop Filled Bathtub Prose Bouncy... 
    http://www.democraticunderground.com...ss=389x5084922

onlyadream (281 posts) Wed Feb-18-09 07:38 PM
    Original message
    I'm sorry

To whoever you are,
    I walked through your house yesterday, it was in shambles. The pipes burst and the first floor was destroyed. Despite this, I could easily see that your house must have been beautiful and it must have been very hard to leave it. And you must have left in a hurry, because when I opened the oven, there was chicken fingers, cooked - sitting on a baking pan. The place was a mess, there was garbage everywhere; poop in the bathtub and a dead cat in the corner. Words can't describe how bad it smelled.

When I got to your little girl's room, all I could do was shake my head. It was bright pink, there was a doll on the floor.

I don't know you, I didn't even know that the house was a short sell. The pictures on the internet showed a clean, nicely decorated house.

I cried for you and your family, because I could be you. I also cried because you are one of many, and it's so sad.

I've sat in my home, and watch the news, hearing about people like you. I shook my head thinking how you must have lived beyond your means. I'm sorry. Maybe you did, maybe you didn't. But now I know, now I see and I really am sorry.
    Okay... Wait. What?!

CLANG (572 posts) Wed Feb-18-09 07:50 PM
    Response to Original message
    1. I can't get past the poop in the bathtub. I'm sorry.
    monmouth (1000+ posts) Wed Feb-18-09 07:54 PM
    2. And who, in their right mind, would leave already cooked chicken fingers???...n/t
    alittlelark (1000+ posts) Wed Feb-18-09 08:48 PM
    Response to Reply #6
    22. Makes you hate the 'ppl living beyond their means'
    read through the responses.
    alittlelark (1000+ posts) Wed Feb-18-09 08:49 PM
    Response to Reply #19
    23. Only a horrid person 'living beyond their means' would do this
    read the responses to the post.
    Chorophyll (1000+ posts) Wed Feb-18-09 08:54 PM
    Response to Reply #24
    26. People seem to be having a problem getting past the cat.
    I saw that "living beyond their means" thing at the end. This post seems contrived to me, too.

undeterred (1000+ posts) Wed Feb-18-09 07:58 PM
    3. What is this post about?

:D

I saw the word "contrived" used a couple times in that thread.

DUmmies...the word you should be using is "bouncy". Make a note of it for the future.

And what's with the cooked but uneaten chicken fingers? Were they fleeing a tornado?

I don't know if it's true or not, but in my 22 years working in children's services in Detroit, I have seen some very nasty homes. There are the homes that are falling apart, but are clean because the tenants are clean people. Then there are the others. I once saw a wall that had so many cockroaches on it that it looked like the wall was moving.

My mom has a friend in California who is a candidate for one of Oprah's shows about hoarding. If I had known back then when we visited them what I know now, I would have called CPS on her. The home was a firetrap. The only clean room was that of her 10 year old son, who refused to let her store any of her stuff in his room. She didn't have any dead cats, but did have 3 living ones (and a sheltie) who were allowed in and out whenever, and they brought presents in to her. Also, she had mice badly, because she had so much stuff stacked around her house, the cats couldn't get to them to kill them. She would cry for the dead mice when her cats did occasionally get one. My asthmatic brother wheezed and constantly was hitting his inhaler whenever we were in the house. I had the worst rash by the end of the week. She was a very nice person, but she was crazy and needed help.

My sister and I babysat for some people once who were terrible slobs. They had 4 kids, the oldest of which was probably about 7. The house stunk of mold and baby poop. The 4 year old second oldest kept her room clean and was embarrassed about the house. My sister and I spent most of the day cleaning with the oldest two kids, and showing the oldest one how to work the vacuum.
    Last edited by noonwitch; 02-19-2009 at 08:56 AM.

It's sad when a bouncy is so bad that even the other moonbats don't believe it.