1. #1 Homeless man gets nearly 5 years for Bush threats 
    Jun 25 01:40 PM US/Eastern

TAMPA, Fla. (AP) - A mentally ill homeless man will serve 57 months in federal prison for threats he made against President Bush.

Timothy Wade Pinkston threatened in August to go to Washington and shoot Bush. At the time, the 48-year-old was committed to a hospital psychiatric unit.

Court records say he repeated the threat to Secret Service agents, saying he didn't like the president's foreign policy or his handling of the war in Iraq.

Pinkston told a federal judge in Tampa on Wednesday that he is HIV-positive and bipolar and has a substance abuse problem. He said he'd been taking drugs and drinking when he made the threat and didn't know what he was saying.

He was previously charged with threatening the president in 1991 and also sent threatening letters to the governor of Georgia.

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php...show_article=1
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

Wonder how much time this guy would get then?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEQOvyGbBtY
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

We have a local eccentric old guy who walks the streets all day.. looking for change in phone booths, hanging out at convenience stores.. obviously mildly mentally retarded, or maybe mentally ill.

He has a wealthy family who has him on a fixed budget, from what I hear, and he does have a home. He just likes to be out and about, socializing and looking for change. He never begs for money. He walks all over the County in all sorts of weather. One day he bragged to my daughter about finding .60 cents or so in a phone booth, and he generously gave her a quarter.

I always wave to him, and he waves back.. he waves at construction type vans, because all of us know of him from seeing him at convenience stores (coffee) in the mornings, and seeing him out walking on the streets.. waving at everyone.

Several years ago, about the time that Bush came to our county to campaign, he was reading about it in the paper.. at the convenience store. He never buys the newspaper.. just hangs out in convenience stores, visiting with everybody while he reads the paper.

Very loudly, he announces that "somebody should kill that Bush!!!!", and he went on a rant about the war, and innocents being killed, Bush being a murderer, etc.

I imagine that if a SS person had been in earshot, he would have been taken in.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    I bet gator would have liked to be on this case. :D

Patent Member
    What's his DU name?

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    I bet gator would have liked to be on this case. :D
    I didn't realize that he was Israeli. :D
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

On the brighter side, he is not homeless anymore.

noonwitch
    The first court hearing I ever attended, on a Close Up trip to downtown Grand Rapids, I sat in on the trial of a mentally ill man charged with threatening President Reagan's life-it was within a year after Hinkley shot him, too. It was sad, though, he was really crazy, even all medicated up for his hearing.

It's hard to know which ones are true threats, though-Hinkley was probably thought of as just a schizophrenic, same with Mark David Chapman, until they actually shot at people.

Quote Originally Posted by biccat View Post
    What's his DU name?

Beat me to it. Has all the makings of a DUmmie, homeless, drug addict, mental problems.

Quote Originally Posted by YupItsMe View Post
    Beat me to it. Has all the makings of a DUmmie, homeless, drug addict, mental problems.
    Except that, unlike them, he will get some help.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!