Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Early Signs of The Rebellion (Sleeping Giant, the Silent Majority, Is Waking Up Angry 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Early Signs of The Rebellion (Sleeping Giant, the Silent Majority, Is Waking Up...and it's Angry)
    multiple (including CNBC and Chicago Trading Floor) ^

Santelli's Chicago Tea Party
    The trading floor buzz on whether the government's plan to save the economy will actually help the markets, with Jason Roney, Sharmac Capital; Wilbur Ross Jr., WL Ross & Co. and CNBC's Rick Santelli
    http://www.cnbc.com/id/15840232?video=1039849853 "Listen to his anger "
    Texas Sovereignty Concurrent Resolution Filed
    Texas State Legislature ^ | 2/18/09 | Rep. Creighton
    Joining with the other sovereign state legislation, Texas Rep. Creighton files concurrent resolution which states: WHEREAS, Many federal laws are directly in violation of the Tenth Amendment to the Constitution of the United States; and...{snip}

WHEREAS, A number of proposals from previous administrations and some now pending from the present administration and from congress may further violate the Constitution of the United States; now, therefore, be it{snip}

RESOLVED, That this serve as notice and demand to the federal government, as our agent, to cease and desist, effective immediately, mandates that are beyond the scope of these constitutionally delegated powers; and, be it further

RESOLVED, That all compulsory federal legislation that directs states to comply under threat of civil or criminal penalties or sanctions or that requires states to pass legislationor lose federal funding be prohibited or repealed;
    http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-...sts?page=16#16

comments:
    To: Nervous Tick
    Let’s succeed, or Let’s secede... either way works for me!
    Both are right!

Texans, write your congress person in the Texas House and ask them to support this Resolution. Here's the link where you can find who your Rep is and write to them.

http://www.capitol.state.tx.us/Home.aspx

This might be our only chance to stop this insanity! I just wrote to mine. Only takes a minute. It's HCR 50 written by Creighton. Here's what I wrote:

We live in historic times which calls for historic action. I applaud Rep. Creighton for introducing this piece of legislation to the Texas House, and would ask you to support it with your vote. As the Federal government continues to erode our freedoms and liberties everyday with the promise of more and more Federal intervention and the resulting encroachment and restrictions on states rights, I implore you to join with fellow House members in support of this legislation. Many other states are considering the same action and I would ask that Texas lead the charge.

Texas Sovereignty Concurrent Resolution Filed
    Texas State Legislature ^ | 2/18/09 | Rep. Creighton

Posted on Tuesday, February 17, 2009 3:52:47 PM by erkyl

Joining with the other sovereign state legislation, Texas Rep. Creighton files concurrent resolution which states: WHEREAS, Many federal laws are directly in violation of the Tenth Amendment to the Constitution of the United States; and...{snip}
    WHEREAS, A number of proposals from previous administrations and some now pending from the present administration and from congress may further violate the Constitution of the United States; now, therefore, be it{snip}

RESOLVED, That this serve as notice and demand to the federal government, as our agent, to cease and desist, effective immediately, mandates that are beyond the scope of these constitutionally delegated powers; and, be it further

RESOLVED, That all compulsory federal legislation that directs states to comply under threat of civil or criminal penalties or sanctions or that requires states to pass legislationor lose federal funding be prohibited or repealed;

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2187725/posts

comments:
    Texas - What America used to be

Doesn’t TX have soem unique republic features that could allow it to leave this increasingly corrupt union now run by Baby Mugabe-Chavez?
    Texas has plenty of oil, nat gas and electricity generation. Is their produce type farming? Texas could be it’s own self sufficient country.The Federal govt and court system is totally corrupt.
    This is like a slow moving snowball - until it reaches critical mass. Then it’s all over.

Things to do after secession:
    1. Close the borders. Intruders shot on sight.
    2. Raise the army for what comes next.
    3. Kick their a$$.
    4. Ain’t life wonderful.
    DALLAS (Dallas Morning News) – A new report from Moody’s Economy.com and Fiserve Lending Solutions predicts when Texas home price declines will bottom out and what the peak-to-bottom price drop will look like.

Most major Texas cities went into the home market downturn later than many throughout the country and will level off ahead of the U.S. average, according to the report’s analysts.

Houston has one of the smallest expected home price declines in the country at 0.2 percent. Analysts expect the city’s home price decline to bottom out in third quarter 2009.

Austin’s peak to bottom home price is expected to fall by 1.3 percent, hitting bottom in fourth quarter 2009.

Dallas–Fort Worth’s price decline will come to 1.1 percent and bottom out in third quarter 2009.

The report predicts San Antonio will experience the largest decrease in the state with a 1.6 percent decline, but it will bottom out in first quarter 2010.

The overall U.S. market could see a price drop of 36.2 percent and bottom out in the fourth quarter of this year.

.................................................. ..
    Bill: HCR 50
    Legislative Session: 81(R) Council Document: 81R 5789 MMS-F Add to Bill List | Add to Alert List
    Last Action: 02/17/2009 H Filed

Caption Version: Introduced
    Caption Text: Affirming that the State of Texas claims sovereignty under the Tenth Amendment to the Constitution of the United States over all powers not otherwise enumerated and granted to the federal government by the U.S. Constitution, serving notice to the federal government to cease and desist certain mandates, and providing that certain federal legislation be prohibited or repealed.

Author: Creighton | Hughes | Berman
    Coauthor: Davis, John | Legler | Taylor
    Subjects: Intergovernmental Relations (I0447)
    Resolutions--Legislative Policy (I0685)
    Resolutions--Memorializing Congress (I0675)
    http://www.capitol.state.tx.us/BillL...81R&Bill=HCR50

Change is coming...and it won't be Obama's kind of change.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2189234/posts

This really didn't work out too well the last time in was tried.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    This really didn't work out too well the last time in was tried.
    The one in Boston ?

Banned
    Santelli is great and has more savy than Geithner, Obama and the rest of his economic advisors put together. People are getting pissed that the 93% of us that pay our mortgages on time will have to subsidize the 7% that do not. Those that are struggling and have little or no equity in their homes but are still paying the mortgage on time will say to themselves, screw that, I will stop paying and let the government pay part of it and then the courts will tell the mortgage lenders that they will have to drop their interest rates and forgive a portion of the principal. Many people will do that along with asking for help with their utlities and want to know when their pony is coming. After all, that's what the government printing presses are for.:mad: This country is going to hell in a hand basket.

Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    The one in Boston ?
    The one that started at Fort Sumter.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    The one that started at Fort Sumter.
    It started long before that .That was just the first shot fired !

Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    It started long before that .That was just the first shot fired !
    That is true, but the history books consider that it officially got underway when the shooting war started

C. S. Lewis

don't forget John Brown at Harper's Ferry.

John Brown saw himself as a tool that God Himself was going to use to wipe out slavery in the American South. Following his raid in Kansas in 1856, he had been devising a plan to purify the entire South through an armed slave rebellion that he himself would lead. John Brown believed that "without shedding of blood there is no remission of sins" (MacPherson, 117). Also, with all of the recent victories for Southern slave-holders (Kansas-Nebraska Act, Dred Scott decision, etc.) Brown thought that "violent counterstroke was the only answer" (Ibid., 117).

Brown persuaded many abolitionists to support is ideas, and Frederick Douglas was one Brown attempted to recruit. Douglass, the night before Brown's raid on Harper's Ferry, failed in an attempt to persuade Brown not to go forward with his plan. Brown's plan was this: Capture the Federal arsenal at Harper's Ferry, Virginia, seize all the weapons there, and arm thousands of slaves who were to join him. Brown recruited 17 white and five black men to comprise of his "army."

On Oct. 16, 1859, Brown and his men captured the unguarded arsenal, but then he had no idea what to do next. He waited for the thousands of slaves to join him, but because he sent out little word to them, only a handful actually showed up. The word of the arsenal's capture spread rapidly, and during the night of Oct. 17-18, Brown's men were surrounded by marines commanded by Robert E. Lee and J.E.B. Stuart. Brown refused to surrender, and the marines were forced to storm the building they had surrounded. In all, three local men and several of Brown's followers, including two of his sons, and a total of 17 men had been killed. John Brown's attempt at insurrection had failed

What Brown did not fail in doing was provoking violent uprising. His raid was as much of a cause of the Civil War as anything else, for it was the first nationally known uprising of its kind. And after his execution, those who believed him a saint now saw him as a martyr, and killing him was another opportunity for abolitionists in the North to gain strength.

Source Used: Ordeal By Fire, James MacPherson, 1991.
    Onward Thru the Fog

Bongo, that is a story that was not covered much in my high school history class. I knew about John Brown from my own reading as a kid-in one of Laura Ingalls Wilder's books, their family gets a Congregational preacher who is related to John Brown, who was somewhat recent history in the 1880s, the way Abbie Hoffman and 60s radicals are now. So, I read up on it on my own at the library, which came in handy later, when my friends started asking who the guy was on the cover of the Kansas album.

If a group of people organized with the intention of righting the wrongs in this country today, they would be labeled terrorists. Many on this very sight would jump on the bandwagon of calling for their execution. Terrorist is the second most powerful buzzword in the English language today, right behind racist.
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad