Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by wilbur View Post
    Oh? Explain.

*I was actually 2 tenths of a point shy of an A in college biology (the lowest grade I got that semester).
    If you are so learned then why do you need something as basic as reproduction explained to you. Specifically the difference between preventing a pregnancy & Terminating a pregnancy
    The 21st century. The age of Smart phones and Stupid people.

It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    If you are so learned then why do you need something as basic as reproduction explained to you. Specifically the difference between preventing a pregnancy & Terminating a pregnancy
    Now you've done it. He's going to produce some stats showing that the pill usually kills the fertilized egg (self abortion) instead of hindering the fertilization process.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    Now you've done it. He's going to produce some stats showing that the pill usually kills the fertilized egg (self abortion) instead of hindering the fertilization process.
    some pills do - but not all.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Banned
    I just realized that you are saying that pro-lifers are being inconsistant in their views and you are doing this after admitting that you were being inconsistant in your views concerning the resurrection of Christ.
    I have never been inconsistent there.

But even if were true.... it doesn't eliminate the contradictions in your average pro-lifer's view.

I do realize there are crazed maniacs who do desire to outlaw most methods of contraception and dole out homicide charges to any woman/doctor who takes part in an abortion.... and there are a lot more than I think most realize. They ARE the consistent ones, who actually follow the rhetoric to its logical conclusions. It might behove the more mild pro-lifers to take care what rhetoric they repeat.. because most of it is all straight from the mouths of those extremists.. and by endorsing their arguments, you have lost all credibility and ability to justify your own more milder views..

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Most of you would probably have a hard time trusting any source of mine... but fortunately I can simply resort to many a pro-life website here: Straight from the horses mouth... see what this pro-life website says:

http://www.prolife.com/BIRTHCNT.html

"Does the Birth Control Pill Cause Abortions?"

Here's what 11 physicians and medical professionals are saying about the book Randy Alcorn published in 1998:

1. "From medical textbooks and pharmacy references, to statements from the Pill-manufacturers themselves, this book proves, beyond any doubt, the abortion-causing action of birth control pills. This book should be read by everyone interested in knowing the truth."

~ Paul L. Hayes, M.D., Board Certified Fellow of the American College of Obstetricians/Gynecologists

2. "Does the birth control pill cause abortions? Using research results from medical literature, Randy Alcorn has convincingly shown that the answer is `yes.' He has, with care and compassion, given us the truth. The question for us as Christians is how we will respond now that we know."

~ Linda Martin, M.D., Pediatrician

3. "By carefully detailing the available medical information concerning the abortifacient effects of oral contraceptives, Randy Alcorn has developed a logical and thoughtful challenge to every prolife person. The conclusions of this study are scientifically accurate. Birth control pills usually prevent pregnancy, but sometimes they cause an abortion. Questions? Objections? Randy has addressed them in a gentle but firm way. This is the manner in which the often fiery debate over prolife subjects should be carried out- unemotionally, intelligently and quietly. The evidence is before us . . . `How should we then live?'"
    A quick google search will bring up quite a lot of information from pro-life sources about the widely known chemically induced abortions that oral contraceptions (and UID's) can cause.

kinda interesting that the site wilber offers as evidence has no disclosure about who they are and their goals or missions statement or even affiliations . . . .
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    kinda interesting that the site wilber offers as evidence has no disclosure about who they are and their goals or missions statement or even affiliations . . . .
    So do you dispute the idea or not... ditch the ad hominems. I don't vouch for the site, I just found it 2 seconds ago with google. But if you don't trust that one, use google yourself, there are plenty more where it came from.

I have never been inconsistent there.

But even if were true.... it doesn't eliminate the contradictions in your average pro-lifer's view.

I do realize there are crazed maniacs who do desire to outlaw most methods of contraception and dole out homicide charges to any woman/doctor who takes part in an abortion.... and there are a lot more than I think most realize. They ARE the consistent ones, who actually follow the rhetoric to its logical conclusions. It might behove the more mild pro-lifers to take care what rhetoric they repeat.. because most of it is all straight from the mouths of those extremists.. and by endorsing their arguments, you have lost all credibility and ability to justify your own more milder views..
    Shall I dig up the posts from the archive where you choose the irrational position verses the rational one because you could not stomach the rational choice? Your logic was inconsistant on the resurrection but that was acceptable inconsistancey and now you find fault with those whose position is inconsistant on abortion. That in and of itself is yet another inconsistancy. My point being is that logically you can not advocate for a consistant view point from others and yet not be willing to apply that same reasoning to your own opinions.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Banned
    Shall I dig up the posts from the archive where you choose the irrational position verses the rational one because you could not stomach the rational choice? Your logic was inconsistant on the resurrection but that was acceptable inconsistancey and now you find fault with those whose position is inconsistant on abortion. That in and of itself is yet another inconsistancy. My point being is that logically you can not advocate for a consistant view point from others and yet not be willing to apply that same reasoning to your own opinions.
    Simply repeating that your choice is the only rational one doesn't make it so Fla. Seriously, you are smart enough to see the faulty logic there, I don't know why your so hung up on such a losing point. Feel free to dredge up any posts you want on that issue ;)

As for consistency, like many virtues, no human will achieve it with perfection... but it should always be the goal. Likewise, inconsistency should be eliminated when discovered... coherence is what one needs to aim for if you place any efficacy in logic at all. If one is unknowingly inconsistent with one proposition, that person could still point out inconsistencies in other things.

Simply repeating that your choice is the only rational one doesn't make it so Fla. Seriously, you are smart enough to see the faulty logic there, I don't know why your so hung up on such a losing point. ]Feel free to dredge up any posts you want on that issue ;)

As for consistency, like many virtues, no human will achieve it with perfection... but it should always be the goal. Likewise, inconsistency should be eliminated when discovered... coherence is what one needs to aim for if you place any efficacy in logic at all. If one is unknowingly inconsistent with one proposition, that person could still point out inconsistencies in other things.
    Simply saying that it is a losing point doesn't make it so. It just means you are unable to refute it.

If you believe the bolded portion of the quote then why is it so important to you that pro-lifers be consistant? After all no human will achieve it with perfection. In fact they won't even change their views when their inconsistancy is pointed out to them.

C. S. Lewis