Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

1. #1 Science in action: from observation to hypothesis 
    Banned
    Background: I was walking from Herald Square to Penn Station today and found myself behind a very attractive young lady wearing tight fitting white jeans, flouting one of my favorite assets in a woman. She also had relatively long hair, not thick but mid-back length, tied into a single pony tail.

Observation: Walking behind her, observing in the name of science, I noticed that (1) she moved her hips very well when walking and (2) her pony tail tended to bounce from side to side when she walked as well.

Correlation: Upon continued observation, I noticed that when her left buttock trended downward, while walking, her pony tail would swing to the right and when her right buttock trended downward, her pony tail would swing to the left.

Analysis: This seemed, on the surface, counter intuitive, as, without observation, I would have predicted the opposite.

Hypothesis: The motion of a walking woman's pony tail is in direct opposition to the motion of her buttocks.

Validation: Since I observed a relatively small sample set (1), I determined to expand that sample. However, being so intrigued with the results of the single sample (who went all the way to Penn Station in front of me), I failed to do so. I shall undertake that as a scientific mission and, hopefully, publish the results in a peer-reviewed journal soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Warrior View Post
    Background: I was walking from Herald Square to Penn Station today and found myself behind a very attractive young lady wearing tight fitting white jeans, flouting one of my favorite assets in a woman. She also had relatively long hair, not thick but mid-back length, tied into a single pony tail.

Observation: Walking behind her, observing in the name of science, I noticed that (1) she moved her hips very well when walking and (2) her pony tail tended to bounce from side to side when she walked as well.

Correlation: Upon continued observation, I noticed that when her left buttock trended downward, while walking, her pony tail would swing to the right and when her right buttock trended downward, her pony tail would swing to the left.

Analysis: This seemed, on the surface, counter intuitive, as, without observation, I would have predicted the opposite.

Hypothesis: The motion of a walking woman's pony tail is in direct opposition to the motion of her buttocks.

Validation: Since I observed a relatively small sample set (1), I determined to expand that sample. However, being so intrigued with the results of the single sample (who went all the way to Penn Station in front of me), I failed to do so. I shall undertake that as a scientific mission and, hopefully, publish the results in a peer-reviewed journal soon.
    Your long discourse could've been avoided if you just admitted you're a pervert. :D
    "The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." H.P. Lovecraft in Supernatural Horror in Literature

Power CUer
    I can't believe you never noticed that before. Think of it as counterbalance.

An Adversary of Linda #'s

Her center of gravity shifted in the opposite direction of her hips and the pony tail behaved like a pendulum in response !Those things can be quite hypnotic in motion, did you salivate ?

Background: Walking behind her, observing in the name of science, I noticed that (1) she moved her hips very well when walking and (2) her pony tail tended to bounce from side to side when she walked as well.
    Two things at once!! I don't think I would have been able to notice that for concentrating on two things that nice at once.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by Molon Labe View Post
    Two things at once!! I don't think I would have been able to notice that for concentrating on two things that nice at once.
    It's amazing how those things affect a normal man .

Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    CW, I admire your scientific analysis. You are a a true Renaissance man.

May I suggest a theme song for your new Mr. Science show?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WsmS...eature=related
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba Dawg View Post

Thomas Dolby's "She Blinded Me With Science"?:p
    "The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." H.P. Lovecraft in Supernatural Horror in Literature

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkScribe View Post
    Thomas Dolby's "She Blinded Me With Science"?:p
    More likely the theme song will be With Points of her Own. :D

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubba Dawg View Post

But hopefully not http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzJcqPS3VQ0. :D