Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 I finally made a website 
    Its in the rough right now, I had to start somewhere. My next goal is to actually take some good pics of finished projects and get some glowing recomendations from satisfied customers. I probably have to work on wording and layout. This is a free webite from Verizon. Give me hell!

Future Design

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.

Quote Originally Posted by patriot45 View Post
    Its in the rough right now, I had to start somewhere. My next goal is to actually take some good pics of finished projects and get some glowing recomendations from satisfied customers. I probably have to work on wording and layout. This is a free webite from Verizon. Give me hell!

Future Design
    Dude - don't you watch commercials? you need women in bikinis in the pics modeling the cabinets!! Sheesh!.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

My suggestion is that you get better pictures of your products. The pictures were pretty distorted. But it looks pretty good for your 1st pass.
    "If every poor man is to come here and start requesting money for all his children, the applicants will never be satisfied and the nation's finances will collapse." Emperor Tiberius: Tacitus:Annals

Quote Originally Posted by tacitus View Post
    My suggestion is that you get better pictures of your products. The pictures were pretty distorted. But it looks pretty good for your 1st pass.
    right and one of the best way to make the pics better - is bikini's ;)

Quote Originally Posted by tacitus View Post
    Yeah, I'll be making calls to go back to jobs and taking better pics, thats gotta be my selling point. Thanks for looking.

:( no bikini's?

Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    right and one of the best way to make the pics better - is bikini's ;)
    I gota agree, bikinis are the bomb, but I usually deal with Docs wives or inferior decorators! No points for bikinis!:(

I gota agree, bikinis are the bomb, but I usually deal with Docs wives or inferior decorators! No points for bikinis!:(
    sure there are - if that's the case -you need to be the one wearing them ;)

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    My brother does restorations to Clasical old buildings bringing them back the way they were when they were first built.I was finally able to get him to do a series of progress spreads as the job proceeded and the final group when they were finished.He puts them up on his web site as a series of projects from start to finish .His potential customers are better able to guage his work from the layouts and also to appreciate just how much work went into a given project.

You could do much the same thing on one of your commissions starting with your shops layout and some work in progress.From block milling and glue up to clamping . From cutting for carcass layout to joinery and final glue up and finishing .Have a layout on a piece in a folio in your office of every piece you do before you ship it .
    Emphasize the craftsmanship of the pieces but They probable wont appreciate the fine joinery .You will be able to show what kind of work your company is capable of .
    Last edited by megimoo; 02-20-2009 at 09:49 AM.

Future Design
    I designed and developed my Church web site. Take a look and let me know what you think. All the graphics I did with photo shop including the image of paper on the home page. I created the image from scratch without using a real piece of pager as a base. It was interesting to do

www.stpetersjax.org

If there is anything you like let me know and I'll show you how to replicate it.

BTW Your site looks good.
    Last edited by FlaGator; 02-20-2009 at 09:07 AM.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis