1. #1 Our silly greyhound and the aggresive deer 
    Yesterday SR had to rescue Bella, our curious greyhound, from the momma deer who seems to have taken residence in the thicket of wild honeysuckle that forms the border of our backyard. It serves a natural barrier to our nasty next door neighbor, as the previous owner must have allowed it to take hold. We'll never cut it back.

Yesterday SR let Bella out in the smaller fenced area of the yard. There's a fairly wide grassy boundary between the fenced area and a ground cover area. No deer was in sight. All of a sudden a momma deer stepped out of the woods and came right up to Bella at the fence. Bella had her nose sticking out of the metal pickets. The deer was right there, pawing the ground very aggressively. Our formerly aggresive, vocal little rat terrier was silent, at the back door, wanting INSIDE.

Bella didn't realize the deer was ready to charge. The deer showed no fear of SR, didn't respond to his yelling at her. Finally he started yelling and waving his arms, to break the spell between the dog and deer. We were afraid that the deer would charge or jump that fence. I'm sure she was defending the baby tucked away in the woods.

Fast forward to this morning. Again Bella goes out to do her business. First thing in the am, No deer in sight. Repeat of yesterday. Deer appears out of nowhere, comes up to the fence, paws aggressively stomping, close to fence, SR yelling. This time Bella came in a bit quicker, rat terrier already in.

Just worried that this animal has no fear of dogs or humans. Hope nothing happens. It's gone from how cute of them touching noses to thinking the houses are too close to shoot it. Sad

Too bad our greyhound doesn't bark but just looks at the darned deer. To think I was going to get a salt block for that Bambi! I know she's defending her baby, but I'm defending my baby Bella.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Looks like I'll have to dust
    off the old Light Saber...
    May the FORCE be with you!

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    Looks like I'll have to dust
    off the old Light Saber...
    Hey you can get a new one at Disneyland....only $200. And, yes, I will be getting one if and when I visit Galaxy's Edge, amongst other things.
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

Liberalism is what the stupid think is smart.

From what I've heard, greyhounds aren't renowned for their intelligence. OTOH, they're probably a lot more easy-going than some herding and terrier dogs. Greyhounds and whippets are crazy-graceful, IMO.
    Facts don't matter to DUpipo.

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

"Handmaid's Tale" is Christian-Bashing Hate Speech

Quote Originally Posted by SVPete View Post
    From what I've heard, greyhounds aren't renowned for their intelligence. OTOH, they're probably a lot more easy-going than some herding and terrier dogs. Greyhounds and whippets are crazy-graceful, IMO.
    They're very easy-going, bred to be that way so they can get along in a pack---except when they're racing. They're very bright then, bred to race w/o a jockey to tell them how to run that race. I did obedience training with my first grey and he did better than my first schnauzer did. Terriers are not exactly easy-going. Our rat terrier and greyhound are polar opposites.

Heard from a neighbor that there's an aggressive deer in the neighborhood. Aren't we lucky to have it bedding down in our yard with a fawn?
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"