1. #1 Do those of us that busted our ass paying our mortgages on time get zilch? 
    heh. this thread is a pretty funny thread. dummies waking up to the fact that if you live with personal responsibility and do the right thing, your hard efforts will be rewarded by the "yes we can" administration giving all sorts of handouts to the liberal screw ups in life.

RiverStone Donating Member (1000+ posts) Thu Feb-19-09 03:28 AM
    Original message
    Do those of us that busted our ass paying our mortgages on time get zilch?

Disclaimer upfront: In no way do I begrudge those in need getting help, this is not about saving a family on the brink of foreclosure or giving new terms to someone paying an "underwater" mortgage. I'm glad we can reach out as a country and offer a helping hand. This is about all of us in the middle that are getting skipped over.

With all the billions that went to Wall Street banks, bankers, CEO's and bonuses, and with all the billions that went to the auto industry executives and corporate bigwigs --- what about us regular working folk?

Like many of you, I'm just trying to pay the bills and live within my means. As a divorced dad to 2 teenagers, I get by and it seems about 1/2 the time I have a little left over every month and the other half we just squeak by. After my divorce, now over 10 years ago, I had to take out a 2nd mortgage on my house. No complaints there, part of the natural consequences that happens when one goes back to a single income household.

I work in public education and make a modest salary, but nothing extravagant etc.

My property taxes have almost doubled over the past 4 years and yet I have faithfully done what ever it takes to make ends meet. Never missed a house payment.

QUESTION: Do folks in the middle (neither on the verge of foreclosure or banker fatcat) get a piece of the stimulus? How about a little mortgage interest reduction? I'd love some financial relief to make things a tad easier. Anything???

Just seeking a parity in the universe for those of us in the middle. Do you see any? :shrug:
    no dummy. you'll get nothing and like it.

your government ("yes we can") rewards those that live beyond their means and otherwise screw up on a regular basis. pay your bills? do the right thing? live right? your reward is knowing that the losers will be taken care of. you've got that going for you.

i could bring the whole thread over here, it is that funny...

link:
    http://www.democraticunderground.com...ss=389x5086291

Here was one of our moles again, I don't think that this is what got us banned though.

Phoenix-Risen (66 posts) Wed Feb-18-09 07:36 PM
    Response to Original message
    9. You get less than ziltch
    You get a warm and hearty handshake for doing the right thing. Other than that, get in line with the 3 million who lost their homes last year, the countless number who "short saled" and how about the family that got booted by the sheriff yesterday?

You get nothin'.

Power CUer
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

No matter how the OP qualifies his post, it boils down to him being upset that others are getting a hand out and he is not. Instead of finding satisfaction in not needing the government's help, he bemoans the fact that others are benefitting and he is not. How sad... but not a surprise.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Patent Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    No matter how the OP qualifies his post, it boils down to him being upset that others are getting a hand out and he is not. Instead of finding satisfaction in not needing the government's help, he bemoans the fact that others are benefitting and he is not. How sad... but not a surprise.
    How about, instead of being sad that he's not getting a benefit, being pissed off that he has to pay for it?

Satisfaction in not needing the government's help isn't enough to make me appreciate Porkulus, thank you very much.

It's good to see the facade of DU starting to crack, even though I suspect this is a mole.

If you buy a new, american car, you can claim the sales tax on your federal return, next year. I don't know if it's part of the stimulus package or the auto bailout, I just saw it on the news.

We are all allegedly going to be keeping an average of $14 a week that was going to federal taxes. That's a whopping $56 a month. It's my electric bill, if nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by biccat View Post
    How about, instead of being sad that he's not getting a benefit, being pissed off that he has to pay for it?

Satisfaction in not needing the government's help isn't enough to make me appreciate Porkulus, thank you very much.

It's good to see the facade of DU starting to crack, even though I suspect this is a mole.
    I never meant to suggest that it should. I was merely commenting that there is a certain satisfaction to be had in not needing governmental assistance. It shows responsibility and reliance on something other than a government hand out. I rely on God for any assistance I need. He is much more dependable than the feds.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    I was merely commenting that there is a certain satisfaction to be had in not needing governmental assistance.
    I agree, but we hate to feel stupid because we acted responsibly. :mad:
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    I agree, but we hate to feel stupid because we acted responsibly. :mad:
    I try not to dwell on that aspect of it. It gets my ire up and generally misses up my day.

C. S. Lewis