Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 I feel like Cruella 
    I just had to recommend that a woman not get married on Friday. Sometimes I hate my job. :(

Power CUer
    What day of the week DID you recommend she marry?

gator
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillygirl View Post
    I just had to recommend that a woman not get married on Friday. Sometimes I hate my job. :(
    After spending a day in jury duty I can understand a lawyer hating her job.

I'm lost....Why not? I got married on a Monday...Sometimes I wish I hadn't, but we were spontaneous and all back then.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by gator View Post
    After spending a day in jury duty I can understand a lawyer hating her job.
    Did you get seated?

Quote Originally Posted by Molon Labe View Post
    I'm lost....Why not? I got married on a Monday...Sometimes I wish I hadn't, but we were spontaneous and all back then.
    I bet you weren't a cheap ass on Sunday.

gator
    Did you get seated?
    No. A drug using moron was accused of a violent crime. I was asked if I could separate the drug use from the crime. I said 'hell no". They picked a 19 year old literate fry cook at McDonalds instead of me.

Quote Originally Posted by gator View Post
    No. A drug using moron was accused of a violent crime. I was asked if I could separate the drug use from the crime. I said 'hell no". They picked a 19 year old literate fry cook at McDonalds instead of me.
    But of course...The easy way to get out of jury duty is to take a principled stand on an issue that goes against the current legal trend. Good job.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

Why did you advise her to not get married? What does she have invested in the wedding already? If it is "just" a JP wedding, then maybe she will take your advice. If the guests have already bought her gifts, and the caterers are paid.... I can't imagine that she will take your advice.

Did the groom not want to agree to a prenup?

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpy View Post
    Why did you advise her to not get married? What does she have invested in the wedding already? If it is "just" a JP wedding, then maybe she will take your advice. If the guests have already bought her gifts, and the caterers are paid.... I can't imagine that she will take your advice.

Did the groom not want to agree to a prenup?
    The groom very much wanted the pre-nup. The bride was very willing to sign same. Legally, it was disastrous for her. I suspect she will sign it and get married, despite my advice.