Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillygirl View Post
    The groom very much wanted the pre-nup. The bride was very willing to sign same. Legally, it was disastrous for her. I suspect she will sign it and get married, despite my advice.
    Be sure she has your card... to try to pick up the pieces when she puts him through college.. and he hooks up with his secretary.

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    The groom very much wanted the pre-nup. The bride was very willing to sign same. Legally, it was disastrous for her. I suspect she will sign it and get married, despite my advice.
    Then the groom had the money and she was willing to forgo any claims on it .correct ?

Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    Then the groom had the money and she was willing to forgo any claims on it .correct ?
    Yes. Although instead of "the" money, I'd say "some" money. Certainly not as much as he thinks he has and he was clearly unwilling to risk parting with any of it.

Patent Member
    Just insist that she add a choice of law provision designating California as the controlling state. Considering their standard of review, it's pretty likely that the prenup would be struck down, especially if he has money and she doesn't.

gettimng something for nothing is disastrous ???
    The 21st century. The age of Smart phones and Stupid people.

It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

Yes. Although instead of "the" money, I'd say "some" money. Certainly not as much as he thinks he has and he was clearly unwilling to risk parting with any of it.
    I take it you aren't a big fan of seperate property.
    The 21st century. The age of Smart phones and Stupid people.

It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

Isolated Mountain Range in Eastern Nevada
    asking an attorney advice on matters of the heart...interesting...
    I smile because I don't know what the heck is going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    I take it you aren't a big fan of seperate property.
    I'm not a big fan of trying to micromanage away any risk when it involves marriage...especially when it's the first marriage, there's a possibility of children, and one party will be giving up the opportunity for career advancement in favor of the other partner's career advancement. Marriage involves a bit of a leap of faith. If only one person is willing to make that leap it's not off to a good start.

Quote Originally Posted by lurkalot View Post
    asking an attorney advice on matters of the heart...interesting...
    Well that is what a prenup demands.. an attorney. I would think that the attorney would let either party know if the prenup contract seems unfair to either one of them. Certainly based on the prenups that they have already seen.

I'm not a big fan of trying to micromanage away any risk when it involves marriage...especially when it's the first marriage, there's a possibility of children, and one party will be giving up the opportunity for career advancement in favor of the other partner's career advancement. Marriage involves a bit of a leap of faith. If only one person is willing to make that leap it's not off to a good start.
    Wish you were an attorney here. You sound very principled.