Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    That is not true. President Bush's record, the economic situation and McCain's wandering around the stage during that debate got Obama elected.
    But it's much more fun to cite conspiracy theories. :D

That is not true. President Bush's record, the economic situation and McCain's wandering around the stage during that debate got Obama elected.
    People did exactly what they did in 1976. They voted AGAINST one candidate - well actually the previos president - and for the Madison avenue image of the other.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

What specifically of President Bush's record? The economic situation the Democrats had a big hand in creating? You think the fact that the MSM painted him as the Second Coming might have had any part in his being elected?

Seriously, look at the man, his experience, his past (what we know of it) and ask yourself, "Did we really want to elect this man President at this time in history"?

I think we can stick a fork in it.
    Better to die on your feet than live on your knees.

I would like to say that Obama is the best Orator in Chief we have ever had. He gives a mean speech.

I predict that his liberal ideology will sink us.
    After 4 years of the Magic Messiah, we will need 4 hundred yeears to reverse the damage.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    It sure as hell is true.The feeling that the black man has been suppressed in America has been with us for quite a long time.That's the reason for all of the special treatment he/they have been given by the Federal Government and the Congress .Most of the staff in the Federal Agency's,the IRS, DOD,GAO are black .Apparently what is lacking in blacks managing upper levels of Government is maturity of Judgement and management experience .Fanny Mae was run by Franklin Raines a Black men who ran it into the ground but unfortunately he proved to be thief and agent of the liberals.

Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    I would like to say that Obama is the best Orator in Chief we have ever had. He gives a mean speech.

I predict that his liberal ideology will sink us.
    After 4 years of the Magic Messiah, we will need 4 hundred yeears to reverse the damage.
    have you never once listed to a Reagan speech? If not - they're on youtube. Go and have a listen. Obama's not the best ever. Not hardly.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    have you never once listed to a Reagan speech? If not - they're on youtube. Go and have a listen. Obama's not the best ever. Not hardly.
    Cage your eyeballs forward, you're missing the subtle point;
    Reagan was a great President and Commander in Chief who also happened to be a great orator.

Obama is a great orator in chief.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    It sure as hell is true.The feeling that the black man has been suppressed in America has been with us for quite a long time.That's the reason for all of the special treatment he/they have been given by the Federal Government and the Congress .Most of the staff in the Federal Agency's,the IRS, DOD,GAO are black .Apparently what is lacking in blacks managing upper levels of Government is maturity of Judgement and management experience .Fanny Mae was run by Franklin Raines a Black men who ran it into the ground but unfortunately he proved to be thief and agent of the liberals.

You hit the nail on the head. Having worked as a government employee for 27 years, I can vouch for the fact that preferential hiring and promotions of blacks is alive and well. Like you said, many are not the best qualified to hold those top jobs. However, Democraps will give a pass and look the other way when it becomes apparent that the perp is an incompetent liberal black crook like Raines or a perjurer like Burris.

Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post

If that is not a racially loaded statement, I don't know what is. So, you don't like Obama's political ideas and one black man helped run a mortgage company into the ground, so "apparantly what is lacking in blacks managing upper levels of Government is maturity of Judgement and management experience". I'd like to see some statistics to back your claim that most of the staff in federal agencies are black. I highly doubt that is the case.

By your reasoning, I can say that because Dave Bing is a successful businessman and is black, that all black people are successful and propserous. Or because most convicted sex offenders are white males, all white males are potential sex offenders.

"The feeling that the black man has been suppressed in America has been with us for quite a long time"-did you mean "oppressed"? I wonder where that feeling came from? Maybe slavery and Jim Crow laws? Maybe not being allowed to stay in hotels with white customers until the 50s? Or being in segregated military units until WWII? Or idiots who assume that the first black president is also the antichrist?

I'm not saying that there aren't black people falsely claiming racism (like the Tawana Brawley thing), or that there are no black people who are using the history of racism as an excuse, but there is a history of black people being oppressed in this country, one that we have spent the last 150 years or so dealing with.

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    If that is not a racially loaded statement, I don't know what is. So, you don't like Obama's political ideas and one black man helped run a mortgage company into the ground, so "apparantly what is lacking in blacks managing upper levels of Government is maturity of Judgement and management experience". I'd like to see some statistics to back your claim that most of the staff in federal agencies are black. I highly doubt that is the case.

By your reasoning, I can say that because Dave Bing is a successful businessman and is black, that all black people are successful and propserous. Or because most convicted sex offenders are white males, all white males are potential sex offenders.

"The feeling that the black man has been suppressed in America has been with us for quite a long time"-did you mean "oppressed"? I wonder where that feeling came from? Maybe slavery and Jim Crow laws? Maybe not being allowed to stay in hotels with white customers until the 50s? Or being in segregated military units until WWII? Or idiots who assume that the first black president is also the antichrist?

I'm not saying that there aren't black people falsely claiming racism (like the Tawana Brawley thing), or that there are no black people who are using the history of racism as an excuse, but there is a history of black people being oppressed in this country, one that we have spent the last 150 years or so dealing with.
    "If that is not a racially loaded statement, I don't know what is. "
    That one came right out of the Liberal Big Book of talking points !

What I said about black employment by the Federal Bureaucracy's is In fact true But to a KneeJerk liberal like yourself the reaction is always the same 'blatant racism '. After awhile it gets kind of old don't you think .The intent being to silence debate of topics that are above our reproach because you are sooooo sensitive to blacks being questioned about anything !

"I don't' care about Bing as a successful black business man and I am sure there are others equally successful .I don't know why you chose to inject white sex offenders into this and your analogy's leave something to be desired.

No I meant exactly what I typed 'Suppressed' .As for black oppression and slavery that was some years ago and are we ever going to be forgiving for being white,if we are ?You sure sound like a 'bleeding heart' for the cause and you need to take a look at the changes in America for blacks.

They now have a privileged place in society and are second to none in opertunitys.They even have a special crime status as victims that is defined as a 'hate crime' .Such a label almost guarantees a conviction if the perpetrator is a white man .

Blacks now have preferential treatment in College admissions,school choice,most job opportunity's,all Federal job opportunity's and a point multiplier on any placement tests including police and fire departments in every city in America .