Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    "If that is not a racially loaded statement, I don't know what is. "
    That one came right out of the Liberal Big Book of talking points !

What I said about black employment by the Federal Bureaucracy's is In fact true But to a KneeJerk liberal like yourself the reaction is always the same 'blatant racism '. After awhile it gets kind of old don't you think .The intent being to silence debate of topics that are above our reproach because you are sooooo sensitive to blacks being questioned about anything !

"I don't' care about Bing as a successful black business man and I am sure there are others equally successful .I don't know why you chose to inject white sex offenders into this and your analogy's leave something to be desired.

No I meant exactly what I typed 'Suppressed' .As for black oppression and slavery that was some years ago and are we ever going to be forgiving for being white,if we are ?You sure sound like a 'bleeding heart' for the cause and you need to take a look at the changes in America for blacks.

They now have a privileged place in society and are second to none in opertunitys.They even have a special crime status as victims that is defined as a 'hate crime' .Such a label almost guarantees a conviction if the perpetrator is a white man .

Blacks now have preferential treatment in College admissions,school choice,most job opportunity's,all Federal job opportunity's and a point multiplier on any placement tests including police and fire departments in every city in America .
    You are wasting your breath trying to explain racism to a dumb ass liberal. She thinks racism is a one way street and that racism against whites does not exist. Just ask Jessie or greaseball Al.

Injecting white sex offenders into this analogy could be a sign of her demented sexual moralistic lifestyles.

Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    [SIZE="3"
    They now have a privileged place in society and are second to none in opertunitys.They even have a special crime status as victims that is defined as a 'hate crime' .Such a label almost guarantees a conviction if the perpetrator is a white man .

Blacks now have preferential treatment in College admissions,school choice,most job opportunity's,all Federal job opportunity's and a point multiplier on any placement tests including police and fire departments in every city in America .[/SIZE]
    If you don't think that statement is true, I offer these questions. When is the last time you saw a black person going on TV and making a public apology for dropping the N bomb? How many white people get in trouble of some kind for dropping the N bomb? I don't use the N bomb, I find the word rather disgusting due to what it represents, however I would really like the option to exercise my right to free speech without having anyone in the black community that hears me use that word try to beat my ass.

Another example, why is there a channel called Black Entertainment Television? Why can't there be a White Entertainment Television? Granted, there are channels that are populated with predominantly white people...CMT, Lifetime, Great American Country...but nowhere does it say that its white people only.

For verification of my statements...walk around a public high school in this country or buy a rap album, or hell...just switch on BET, and just listen. They throw the word around like anyone else would say 'man' or 'dude' and teachers wont do anything about it because if they do the NAACP will demand that action be taken. I couldn't even read my pro-southern stance paper on the 2nd American Revolution (civil war for those of you that don't see it my way) in a southern state my senior year (5ish years ago) because my teacher was afraid of racial backlash. Its asinine that education is hampered because people are afraid of what someone might say. Don't any of you dare tell me for one second that an unspoken position of untouchable is enjoyed by your average black person today.

Blatant racism my ass...its called the truth madam. I offer no disclaimer to fend off claims of racism, my actions with my shipmates and friends speak for themselves.
    “The characteristic of genuine heroism is its persistency. All men have wandering impulses, fits and starts of generosity. But when you have resolved to be great, abide by yourself, and do not weakly try to reconcile yourself with the world. The heroic cannot be the common, nor the common the heroic.”
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Freedom is the natural yearning of the human sprit as we were endowed by our creator.
    Rush Limbaugh CPAC 09

Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    You are wasting your breath trying to explain racism to a dumb ass liberal. She thinks racism is a one way street and that racism against whites does not exist. Just ask Jessie or greaseball Al.

Injecting white sex offenders into this analogy could be a sign of her demented sexual moralistic lifestyles.

If you consider being a 44 year old virgin to be a demented sexual moralistic lifestyle, fine, I guess I am demented because I live the values I was taught growing up. What makes me a liberal is that I don't believe in imposing my values on the rest of the country. The values I live my day to day life by are pretty conservative, in some ways.

I don't care if black people hate me for being white, and I've never been discriminated against by any black people for being white. I've been called racial names, and it doesn't bother me. I know who I am, my self worth is not dependent on what other people think about me.

You see, I don't judge black people as a race by the things said by Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton. Or by rappers, for that matter. I don't need to, because I know, work with, attend church with and have neighbors and friends who are black. Jesse and Al don't speak for them, they just think they do.

Corwin K, I presume you were addressing me and not megimoo, even though that is who you quoted. I'm not defending anyone's use of the n word. I don't use it, and that's the only person whose language I am responsible for. I don't like the history of the word so I am not going to use it. I also know that coming from my white face, it is definitely an insult to any black person.

As far as BET and other black institutions go-colleges, fraternities, etc., some of those are things that were established in the days of Jim Crow and segregation. They have become traditions over the years-maybe it's time to do away with some of them, like Miss Black America, since the Miss America pageant has elected a few black Miss Americas over the past 20 years. It may be time to re-evaluate a lot of those things that remain from the past.

Did you ever see the episode of "3rd Rock From The Sun" where the aliens are searching for an ethnic identity? They attend a white power rally thinking that the term is the same to white people as black power rallies were to black people. If you look literally at the terms without knowing the social history and vernacular meaning of those terms, then, yes, they are equal. But everyone knows that the term "white power" is not about equality, it is about superiority because it is used pretty much exclusively by racist groups like the Klan and the neo nazis. When black power movements were started, the original intent was equality, not superiority. There may be some fringe factions that state otherwise, but at the time those groups began, their purpose was to bring about equality and the end of the Jim Crow era.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    If you consider being a 44 year old virgin to be a demented sexual moralistic lifestyle, fine, I guess I am demented because I live the values I was taught growing up. What makes me a liberal is that I don't believe in imposing my values on the rest of the country. The values I live my day to day life by are pretty conservative, in some ways.

I don't care if black people hate me for being white, and I've never been discriminated against by any black people for being white. I've been called racial names, and it doesn't bother me. I know who I am, my self worth is not dependent on what other people think about me.

You see, I don't judge black people as a race by the things said by Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton. Or by rappers, for that matter. I don't need to, because I know, work with, attend church with and have neighbors and friends who are black. Jesse and Al don't speak for them, they just think they do.

Learn how to read; I used the word may because you do have a habit of injecting your beliefs that homosexuality is okay rather than an abomination. What a joke you are when you state as a liberal that you do not want to impose you beliefs on others. That is exactly what liberals want to do from health care to gun rights to teaching 5 years olds about queers in school. Most of the time you do not know what you are talking about such as the statement you made about people going to Canada to buy drugs to save money. Not anymore; that's 2 year old news. Have you heard of the Medicare D Presc. benefit program? I am sorry that you are too stupid to understand that. However, you do have your liberal talking points down pat.

Getting back to the subject at hand. Blacks have more opportunity in this country than anywhere in the world. However, the Democrats have done severe damage to the family structure by promoting welfare and as a consequence single mothers. Liberals want to take care of them from the cradle to the grave which promotes more and more bastard children. This is not racism; it is a fact. Obama wants to undue the welfare reform law passed during Newt's term and signed by Clinton. All your blustering about Jim Crow is typical of liberals because as long as they keep the natives stirred up they will vote for them. BTW, black power is just as extreme as the Klan and nazis.

Obama will run this country into the ground and it has nothing to do with race. He is a left wing liberal who will institute high taxes like those seen in Europe and even worse than the high rates seen in the Carter years to pay for all those bailouts. If you think that the rich (anyone making over 250 grand) will be the only one that will be gouged, think again. The stupid is strong in those in the middle class making around $50k a year who think their taxes are not going up. Gotta fund the automakers, banks, Acorn, additional earned income tax credits, food stamps, S.S.,illegals health care and benefits, global warming credits payments to the UN, etc. You could take all the money away from the rich and you still would not have enough money to fund those items. By cranking up the printing presses 24/7 pretty soon our money will decrease dramatically in value and we will become a bananna republic. Consequently, no one will finance our debt and we will go into a depression if we keep spending like there is not tomorrow.

I voted for Bobby Jindal as the first Indian American governor of LA. I would vote for Steele if he ran as a Presidential candidate. The problem with liberal like you is that you want to inject race into everything. Those whites that have this guilt about how the black man beening kept down are trash in my opinion. Kinda sounds like a bunch of liberals feel that way. FYI, I worked as an Auditor with the state of LA with 3 black auditors and I would have to say that for my last 10 years at work we had had a great working relationship. In fact one of my blacks friends would bring me food his wife had cooked several times a week day. I would reciprocate by buying him lunch when we went out to eat. He would not bring the others anything. I took off work for a week after my mom died and they did most of my work. They were not told by our supervisor to do that; they did it because we were a team and they wanted to help me and respected me. So you can stick all that racism crap up your ass.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post

Corwin K, I presume you were addressing me and not megimoo, even though that is who you quoted. I'm not defending anyone's use of the n word. I don't use it, and that's the only person whose language I am responsible for. I don't like the history of the word so I am not going to use it. I also know that coming from my white face, it is definitely an insult to any black person.

As far as BET and other black institutions go-colleges, fraternities, etc., some of those are things that were established in the days of Jim Crow and segregation. They have become traditions over the years-maybe it's time to do away with some of them, like Miss Black America, since the Miss America pageant has elected a few black Miss Americas over the past 20 years. It may be time to re-evaluate a lot of those things that remain from the past.
    I dont judge black people as a race by the things said by Jessie, Al, or by 50 cent either. Judgement is not mine to bestow upon anyone. However, all you have to do is look around you to see that what ive said is absolutely true. Affirmative action keeps qualified people from jobs on a consistant basis. Im in the military right now because I couldnt afford college due to the fact that, despite my 3.7 GPA and 1335 SAT score, I didnt qualify for scholarships anywhere because I wasnt a minority, a woman, or dirt poor. My parents made just barely above the minimums for federal and state assistance, and I refused to be in debt for the next 10 years or so with student loans (a really good decision now in hindsight) so off to the Navy I went.
    Is every single black person on earth an N bomb dropping white boy hating liberal? Absolutely not, I have the honor and privilage of serving with some of the finest men and women to grace this nations military with their presence, a good percentage of which are black. However, in my own workplace, in schools nation wide (because I volunteer at high schools back in my hometown with their music and JROTC programs), and at a grassroots level (5 and 10 year old children cussing worse than the sailors I work with)...you find minorities of all kinds walking around like they have some issue with white folk that they werent even alive to experience! If a black man who survived a lynching were to call me a cracker and spit at me...I would be mad (and spit on...) but i would completely understand why he would have an issue with white folk. You see some of todays average young black people though blaming any white person around for the crappy lives they live because they were slaves. Well *points to capitol hill* a black man was now elected president, you now have black people at every single level of government and leadership position that I can honestly think of that matters. There have been black congressmen, senators, cabinet members, generals, admirals, state legislature members, mayors, governors, city councelmen, teachers, principals, schoolboard members, superintendants, scientists, inventors, doctors, lawyers, cops, fire fighters, diplomats, businessmen, entreprenuers...the list goes on and on.

I really dont see why we as a nation now need to hand out such advantages to minorities when minorities are involved with damn near every aspect of our lives from the national government on down. Im tired of having the race card thrown in my face, im tired of being told im not allowed to be proud of my own history (as nasty as some parts of it may be) and quite frankly im tired of being told how someone elses life and the fact that they live in a shitty house with a shitty job is somehow my fault just because im white.

im off my soap box...hate debating this issue
    Last edited by CorwinK; 02-27-2009 at 04:54 PM.
    “The characteristic of genuine heroism is its persistency. All men have wandering impulses, fits and starts of generosity. But when you have resolved to be great, abide by yourself, and do not weakly try to reconcile yourself with the world. The heroic cannot be the common, nor the common the heroic.”
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Freedom is the natural yearning of the human sprit as we were endowed by our creator.
    Rush Limbaugh CPAC 09

I totally agree with Alan Keyes. We have become the United States of Entertainment, with an occupier of the White House put there by American Idol TV Idiots, the majority of which weren't tax payers, in the first place.
    The Constitution of the United States and the Bill of Rights have been reduced to the value of comic strips.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by CorwinK View Post
    I dont judge black people as a race by the things said by Jessie, Al, or by 50 cent either. Judgement is not mine to bestow upon anyone. However, all you have to do is look around you to see that what ive said is absolutely true. Affirmative action keeps qualified people from jobs on a consistant basis. Im in the military right now because I couldnt afford college due to the fact that, despite my 3.7 GPA and 1335 SAT score, I didnt qualify for scholarships anywhere because I wasnt a minority, a woman, or dirt poor. My parents made just barely above the minimums for federal and state assistance, and I refused to be in debt for the next 10 years or so with student loans (a really good decision now in hindsight) so off to the Navy I went.
    Is every single black person on earth an N bomb dropping white boy hating liberal? Absolutely not, I have the honor and privilage of serving with some of the finest men and women to grace this nations military with their presence, a good percentage of which are black. However, in my own workplace, in schools nation wide (because I volunteer at high schools back in my hometown with their music and JROTC programs), and at a grassroots level (5 and 10 year old children cussing worse than the sailors I work with)...you find minorities of all kinds walking around like they have some issue with white folk that they werent even alive to experience! If a black man who survived a lynching were to call me a cracker and spit at me...I would be mad (and spit on...) but i would completely understand why he would have an issue with white folk. You see some of todays average young black people though blaming any white person around for the crappy lives they live because they were slaves. Well *points to capitol hill* a black man was now elected president, you now have black people at every single level of government and leadership position that I can honestly think of that matters. There have been black congressmen, senators, cabinet members, generals, admirals, state legislature members, mayors, governors, city councelmen, teachers, principals, schoolboard members, superintendants, scientists, inventors, doctors, lawyers, cops, fire fighters, diplomats, businessmen, entreprenuers...the list goes on and on.

I really dont see why we as a nation now need to hand out such advantages to minorities when minorities are involved with damn near every aspect of our lives from the national government on down. Im tired of having the race card thrown in my face, im tired of being told im not allowed to be proud of my own history (as nasty as some parts of it may be) and quite frankly im tired of being told how someone elses life and the fact that they live in a shitty house with a shitty job is somehow my fault just because im white.

Thanks to your service. You know our chicken shit government should give vets like you an additional year or two of extra educational benefits. Like Rick Santelli stated at the Chicage M. stock exchange, it would be nice if we reward those that carry the water rather than those that drink the water.

My dad grew up during the depression. He did not go to high school because his dad was too poor to buy schoolbooks. Something the Kingfish corrected when he became Governor of LA. If we ever have a depression, blacks and the poor will understand how friggin great they had it. However, don't want to confuse liberals like noonwitch who live in la la land.

Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    Thanks to your service. You know our chicken shit government should give vets like you an additional year or two of extra educational benefits. Like Rick Santelli stated at the Chicage M. stock exchange, it would be nice if we reward those that carry the water rather than those that drink the water.

My dad grew up during the depression. He did not go to high school because his dad was too poor to buy schoolbooks. Something the Kingfish corrected when he became Governor of LA. If we ever have a depression, blacks and the poor will understand how friggin great they had it. However, don't want to confuse liberals like noonwitch who live in la la land.
    The government...one of the last things Bush did...re-structured the GI bill...it makes more economic sense now to get out of the military and go to college with all the benefits we get now as part of the GI bill. I just hope those benefits dont get slashed by the time my contract expires in 2014
    http://www.military.com/money-for-sc...-bill-overview
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Rush Limbaugh CPAC 09

Quote Originally Posted by CorwinK View Post

You know, you are making this about Affirmative Action, when I wasn't defending that practice. I was pointing out a racially loaded statement about "blacks". Even with Affirmative Action, I still don't think that the majority of people working for the government are black. I don't even think that is possible. They are probably overrepresented, to some degree, partly due to affirmative action and partly due to a tradition of black people seeking government jobs that goes back to the days of FDR. But the majority of government jobs are not held by black people, just like the majority of welfare recipients are not black. There are just not enough black people in this country to support such statements. The honest statement would be that blacks are overrepresented in those categories, not that they are the majority.

I know my state government, and how it is set up. There tend to be more black employees in Wayne, Oakland and Macomb Counties because there are more black people living in those areas. There tend to be less black employees (if any) in Grand Traverse or Kalkaska counties, where there are not many black residents. As the city of Detroit is 80% black, most state and city offices there are probably going to reflect that demographic in their workforces. So someone could easily get the impression that most people working for the government are black if they renew their license plates in Detroit, or go into the local state government offices for other reasons. And, the city government of Detroit is made up of mostly black people because the city of Detroit is 80% black. I would imagine that it is similar in Washington DC.

Do you really find the term cracker to be that offensive? That's not really a term used up here, honky is the more preferred insult. I've been called a honky b&%#$, but I work in children's services, so people get ticked off at us. I don't take it personally. Cracker might be different, in the south. There may be more of a history to it than of honky. I was told honky came from the ghetto, when a white boy would come to pick up a black girl and wouldn't get out of the car, but just sat in front of the house, honking the horn. There are probably 500 other stories about where the word originated, that's just the one I heard.

As far as your own experiences go-there should be help for all economically struggling people to get an education, regardless of their race. Whether one gets a higher education should not be dependent on how much money one has. I was lucky-college was more affordable in the 80s, and my dad made good money. He also had ways to work the tax system, that parents who own small businesses were prevented from doing after the tax code changes in 1986. My freshman year cost $3200, including both tuition and room and board (1982-83). My senior year cost about $3800 (1985-86). My dad was able to pay me the money as wages from his business, and could also maintain my medical insurance through his employee group rates. About two years after I graduated, tuition started rising at an alarming rate. It affected my sister a great deal, because my dad cut her off after he and my mom split.

I suspect I am a bit older than you, which is why I remember more of the remnants of Jim Crow and I remember the civil rights movement. I remember being a kid in a mostly white neighborhood and the other kids using the n word instead of tiger in "Einey, meany, miney, moe" rhymes. My parents didn't let us use that word, but other parents did. Incidentally, one of my 20something black coworkers was shocked when I told her about that, she didn't know that little white kids used to say that in their rhymes. I remember when Sambo's restaurant chain went out of business because of their name and theme, in the 70s. I remember a neighbor of mine, who needed open-heart surgery (which was not the routine kind of surgery it is now, it was far more experimental), refusing because the only surgeon in Grand Rapids at the time who could perform the procedure he needed was black (eventually he did get the surgery, because his wife told him she would divorce him if he didn't). We had a mock election in my 3rd grade class (1972), and one kid voted for Wallace (everyone else voted for Nixon, except for a couple of kids whose dads worked at Fisher Body, who voted McGovern). The teacher regretted asking him why he supported Wallace, because the kid went into a tirade supporting segregation. When I worked at Steketee's, a Grand Rapids department store that is now long-gone, I was told at my training to follow around all black people who came through my department. I actually asked if that was legal-I was told it was if I wasn't rude about it. I then asked if it applied to the girl who worked in the office and one of the stock boys and was told not to be a smart-ass. I never caught a black shoplifter. The only shoplifter I caught was a cheerleader from my high school who was desperately trying to get her parents' attention, who was white.

I also have spent more than the last 20 years living in metro Detroit. It is really difficult to live there and not see a connection between poverty and race. Whomever you want to blame for that, there is a history that goes a long ways back.