Thread: a solution out of this mess
#1 a solution out of this mess
02-23-2009, 12:13 PM
- Join Date
- May 2008
- North of Atlanta
Fovea (1000+ posts) Mon Feb-23-09 10:59 AM
a solution out of this mess
Advertisements [?]1. nationalize the banks. allow private finance with no public insurance. Let federal banks manage the banking needs of citizens.
2. set a 100% increase in energy efficiency for all government buildings. tear down and rebuild those that cannot meet the standards with the exception of historical places.
3. nationalize all non renewable energy. Set fuel prices to encourage conservation. Use profits to fund health care.
4. start building national transportation system around rail. Use interstate highway system RoW.
5. tax incentives for renewable energy
6. new deal v.2.0 the right to life is the right to health. The right of education is the right to a degree or advanced certification. the right to the pursuit of happiness is the right to marry whom you choose.
7. re negotiate every mortgage fairly.
8. make labor a part of government again. Make the dept of labor more authoritative and responsive.
9. Re formulate how corporations and markets work. No more corporate personages, no more opaque accounting.
10. expand public housing with high efficiency earth contact passive solar designs.Thanks to SarasotaRepub for your help! :D
02-23-2009, 12:55 PM
Rather than change all that it would be much quicker if they just moved to Cuba.2009 CU Pro Football Pick'em Champ
02-23-2009, 02:00 PM
- Join Date
- Apr 2004
- The Swamps of N. Florida
I think they tried to implement a similar plan in Robocop.“I have learned now that while those who speak about one's miseries usually hurt, those who keep silence hurt more.”
God judged it better to bring good out of evil than to suffer no evil to exist.
St. Augustine of Hippo
02-24-2009, 01:10 AM
Once again DU is screaming " Socialism will save our souls! " While yelling at the same time out the other side of their mouth " Its not Socialism! "
DU has a nasty habit of telling you the true meaning of their statement, and then coming back and saying somethimg completely different.
" The Fair Doctrine will shut up right -wing radio .... I really mean its about being fair to all sides. "
Last edited by Dan D. Doty; 02-24-2009 at 01:15 AM.CU's Paranormal Expert.
Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.
02-24-2009, 09:54 AM
The one item that I can kind of get on board with is Rail. Live right in the middle of fly over country, but grew up in New England. USed to take the train from Boston to DC, and FL all the time. Much nicer than driving. Do not have that option here. There is a study and money for it in the state to extend rail service from Dallas to Chicago, Right now there is service to OK City and Newton KS, the missing link is 200 miles of route from OKC to Newton. I would much rather use a trian now because TSA just irritates the crap out of me. I will fly again if we use profiling. I know that my 15 year old does not need to be wanded to get on an flight.
|« Previous Thread | Next Thread »|