Hybrid View

1. #1 Obama Derangement Syndrome (ODS) 
    http://www.democraticunderground.com...ss=132x8218965

How soon before this hits the airwaves?

When it does happen they could at least be original in their naming.

Gman (1000+ posts) Mon Feb-23-09 11:20 AM
    Original message
    Obama Derangement Syndrome (ODS)
    Advertisements [?]that's the only name for it. If these guys think we were bad with Bush, we don't hold a candle to what they are doing in their reaction to Obama being inaugurated. The ODS of the far right is now a mass psychosis. They've all got it and are trying to infect anyone around them. They're like friggin' Zombies.
    Thanks to SarasotaRepub for your help! :D

Quote Originally Posted by Bill inGA View Post
    http://www.democraticunderground.com...ss=132x8218965

How soon before this hits the airwaves?

When it does happen they could at least be original in their naming.
    thing is - they have not a clue. The problems the right have with Obama is not his person - it's with his POLICIES. BDS was as much about the person of George Bush - if not more - as it was about his policies. There are very few people on the right who are clinging to attacks on Barry's person - and we tends to tell them to shut the hell up when we find them.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    thing is - they have not a clue. The problems the right have with Obama is not his person - it's with his POLICIES. BDS was as much about the person of George Bush - if not more - as it was about his policies. There are very few people on the right who are clinging to attacks on Barry's person - and we tends to tell them to shut the hell up when we find them.
    Good points. I don't particularly think Obama is inherently a bad guy, he's a pretty eloquent speaker, and a few of his ideas aren't bad. However, I don't like much of his policy ideas. I've never claimed that there is some sort of OFEE (Obama Family Evil Empire), nor a Clinton Family Evil Empire, unlike the DUmmies who are STILL batshit crazy in that department.

Looking at all the irrational things the left has tried W for shreds that to ribbons. My personal favorite was Eric Roberts claiming it was Bush's fault some people died in an automobile accident because the driver was old and we didn't have enough to care for our elderly because we were spending so much on the war.
    2009 CU Pro Football Pick'em Champ

Um okaaay. Typical DUmmy projection.

Like most conservatives, I don't think Obama's a bad guy. He's a good speaker, he has charisma, he appears to be mostly well- intentioned (Hey, he doesn't want to pass the Fairness Doctrine, after all), and he knows how to inspire people. Problem is, he's also naive, inexperienced, too ideology- driven, his policies and their goals are unrealistic or fail to take important details into account, and many of his speeches rely too much on flowery platitudes to tickle the ears of listeners and not enough on solid ideas on what needs to be done.

Compare that to how the DUmmies and the rest of the far left reacted to Bush over the last 8 years, portrayinghim as nothing but a monster. As a matter of fact, their views of him vary depending on their arguments. In one argument of theirs, he is a brainless man- child who is being manipulated by Cheney, evil corporate boogeymen, and others (This is a favorite portrayal of him among comedians and talk- show hosts, as well). In another argument of theirs, he is a brilliant, pure- evil mastermind who blew up the WTC, blew up the New Orleans levees to kill black people, couldn't wait to impose martial law on the U.S., and loves killing and destroying everything in sight for the fun of it.

ODS - Obsessive Democrat Syndrome.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by movie buff View Post
    Um okaaay. Typical DUmmy projection.

Like most conservatives, I don't think Obama's a bad guy. He's a good speaker, he has charisma, he appears to be mostly well- intentioned (Hey, he doesn't want to pass the Fairness Doctrine, after all), and he knows how to inspire people. Problem is, he's also naive, inexperienced, too ideology- driven, his policies and their goals are unrealistic or fail to take important details into account, and many of his speeches rely too much on flowery platitudes to tickle the ears of listeners and not enough on solid ideas on what needs to be done.

Compare that to how the DUmmies and the rest of the far left reacted to Bush over the last 8 years, portrayinghim as nothing but a monster. As a matter of fact, their views of him vary depending on their arguments. In one argument of theirs, he is a brainless man- child who is being manipulated by Cheney, evil corporate boogeymen, and others (This is a favorite portrayal of him among comedians and talk- show hosts, as well). In another argument of theirs, he is a brilliant, pure- evil mastermind who blew up the WTC, blew up the New Orleans levees to kill black people, couldn't wait to impose martial law on the U.S., and loves killing and destroying everything in sight for the fun of it.

Dont forget imposing a draft

Quote Originally Posted by movie buff View Post
    (Hey, he doesn't want to pass the Fairness Doctrine, after all),.
    My fear is he only doesn't want the blame for passing the fairness doctrine. He doesn't have to sign a thing for it to become law. He just has to put the right people in the right position for it to be done. He can act as surprised as need be.

Patent Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ralph wiggum View Post
    Good points. I don't particularly think Obama is inherently a bad guy, he's a pretty eloquent teleprompter reader, and a few of his ideas aren't bad. However, I don't like much of his policy ideas. I've never claimed that there is some sort of OFEE (Obama Family Evil Empire), nor a Clinton Family Evil Empire, unlike the DUmmies who are STILL batshit crazy in that department.
    fixx0r3d.

Gman (1000+ posts) Mon Feb-23-09 11:20 AM
    Original message
    Obama Derangement Syndrome (ODS)
    Advertisements [?]that's the only name for it. If these guys think we were bad with Bush, we don't hold a candle to what they are doing in their reaction to Obama being inaugurated. The ODS of the far right is now a mass psychosis. They've all got it and are trying to infect anyone around them. They're like friggin' Zombies.
    Ummm, no. The far right doesn't fear Obama the way y'all feared Bush. Personally, I think Obama is harmless. It's the nutjobs in congress who are pulling his strings that scare me. Obama is just the yes man for Reid and Pelosi to run the Executive Branch along with the Legislative.
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad