Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyelids View Post
    If Obama really holds the lead these polls are suggesting McCain stands a less than 5% chance at winning the election.
    Your probably right...Unfortunately....We have done this to ourselves.
    But poll results are a real bugger. You've got 5 months of crap to come. And don't be sure that the McCain machine doesn't have something up it's sleeve.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

Eyelids
    Quote Originally Posted by YupItsMe View Post
    You do know that thousands of conservatives across the country love to mess with these polls, because you stupid libs put so much stock in them. Then when we win on election day we get all that free entertainment watching you guys throw your hissy-fits. The added benefit of course is that it always makes the left look like sore losers. It's all a brilliant Rovian plot.
    If people are really skewing the polls they are doing huge damage to the McCain campaign. If a state that is within McCain's reach polls unreasonably towards Obama because of lying in polls or a state appears much closer than it is (prompting the campaign to waste resources in that area) it can cost the Republicans the election.

Campaigns put HUGE stock in polls... so before you try to skew a poll think about what you're doing.

Eyelids
    Quote Originally Posted by Molon Labe View Post
    Your probably right...Unfortunately....We have done this to ourselves.
    But poll results are a real bugger. You've got 5 months of crap to come. And don't be sure that the McCain machine doesn't have something up it's sleeve.
    I really think the Clinton's would've found it.

Isn't this is poll which only had a sampling of 22% republican?

I believe it is.

Nice try, eyebugger.

Campaigns put HUGE stock in polls... so before you try to skew a poll think about what you're doing.
    LOL............eyesty really shows just how disconnected it really is. Polls play a small part in a campaign. In a national campaign, most polling is conducted to identify hot issues, not voting patterns. Polling is a Kodak moment to a campaign, nothing more, nothing less. What drives campaigns are actual issues, answers and how a candidate will actual govern and lead.

Eyelids
    Quote Originally Posted by ReaganForRus View Post
    LOL............eyesty really shows just how disconnected it really is. Polls play a small part in a campaign. In a national campaign, most polling is conducted to identify hot issues, not voting patterns. Polling is a Kodak moment to a campaign, nothing more, nothing less. What drives campaigns are actual issues, answers and how a candidate will actual govern and lead.
    Haha, a campaign is about getting elected... and getting elected requires a majority. Polling tells you how you are doing in states, and though in and of themselves polls dont predict -- the snapshot they provide is a valuable tool for any campaign.

Haha, a campaign is about getting elected... and getting elected requires a majority. Polling tells you how you are doing in states, and though in and of themselves polls dont predict -- the snapshot they provide is a valuable tool for any campaign.

Unless the poll is skewed, like this one is.

Quote Originally Posted by Molon Labe View Post
    You've got 5 months of crap to come. And don't be sure that the McCain machine doesn't have something up it's sleeve.
    What he's got up his sleeve doesn't bother me - it's that load he's carrying in his Depends that does.:eek:
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

Eyelids
    Do you have proof this poll was skewed?

Do you have proof this poll was skewed?

22% sampling of republicans tells me all I need to know.