Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Zoicks! It's Thursday! 
    TOTD: What was your favorite (or more than one) childhood TV show (s)? This can be from very young to teens. Mine varied. Of course, my brother and I loved watching the original Looney Tunes cartoons with Bugs, Daffy, Elmer Fudd, and Sylvester...classics. Land of the Lost. The original Spider-Man cartoon and the 80's version. I admit I did watch Super Friends at one point and Justice League. I really liked Battle of the Planets, but it was always on at weird times, like super late or very early. And of course, the classic Creature Feature on Saturdays, on the old channel 44 WTOG out of Tampa. Doctor Paul Bearer was the host and very cool. I can recall watching The Hulk, Wonder Woman, Dukes of Hazzard, and the live-action Spider-Man TV show.
    "The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." H.P. Lovecraft in Supernatural Horror in Literature

Power CUer
    The Warner Brothers cartoons were the best. And since I'm considerably your senior, I remember a childhood where they were shown unedited and non-PC; Bugs still helped fight the Japanese and the Germans.

Patent Member
    Weather here is rainy all day, and all day tomorrow. Going to be a miserable end to the week.

TOTD: I suppose I'm one of the younger ones here, but I liked shows like Fraggle Rock, Tiny Toons, and Animaniacs.

There were probably some others, but I can't remember them all right now.

It's going to be kind of hot here today but I managed to reseed the back lawn so I don't care. :)

TOTD: I was a pretty active child. Sitting in front of the tube on Saturday wasn't really my thing. The adults firmly controlled the TV in my house so we basically only saw what they were watching and they didn't watch a lot.

Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    As a very young kid I loved to watch Chips and Dukes of Hazzard. I loved the G.I. Joe cartoons later on. My favorite sitcoms from childhood were The Cosby Show and Family Ties.
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III

Gunsmoke. Other shows were good, too, but Gunsmoke was my fav.

There was a shortlived series in the early 60's about Medal of Honor winners. Told their stories. Mainly of WWII guys who got the MOH posthumously. It was inspiring to my young mind.

When I was a kid, we were the United States of America, Land of the Free and Home of the Brave. Now, we're America, Land of the Sheep and Home of the Nave.

Live each day as if you're going to die tomorrow. Learn each day as if you'll live forever.

TOTD: All kinds of shows. I remember watching a lot of the cartoons that biccat talked about. I also loved Nickeodeon's many shows as a kid (i.e. their cartoon shows like 'Doug' and 'Ren and Stimpy,' and their awesome live- action shows like 'Are You Afraid of the Dark?', 'The Adventures of Pete & Pete,' and 'Salute Your Shorts'), since I was a kid in the 90s, when Nickelodeon was in its Golden Age. It makes me sad, that the shows on Nick now are almost all brainless crap, I feel bad for the kids today that weren't able to watch the wonderful shows I grew up with.

Patent Member
    Quote Originally Posted by movie buff View Post
    I also loved Nickeodeon's many shows as a kid (i.e. their cartoon shows like 'Doug' and 'Ren and Stimpy,' and their awesome live- action shows like 'Are You Afraid of the Dark?', 'The Adventures of Pete & Pete,' and 'Salute Your Shorts'), since I was a kid in the 90s, when Nickelodeon was in its Golden Age.
    Oh man, I forgot about Pete & Pete and all of the great Nick shows. "You Can't Do That on Television" was another excellent offering.

BSR
    I think you meant "Zoinks"

Adam-12, Emergency, The Lone Ranger, Combat, The Wonderful World Of Disney every Sunday night, Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom, Swat. Lotta cool shows when I was still a tadpole.