#1 We’re losing our country - But what can we do?
02-24-2009, 12:11 AM
- Join Date
- Aug 2005
We’re losing our country - But what can we do?
From the moment Barack Obama was inaugurated on January 20th, the leftists who control Congress have – at his behest – gone on a drunken binge of runaway spending vis-ŕ-vis an $850-bilion faux “stimulus” program that rewards failure and punishes success. It is already clear that The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act should be renamed The American Relapse-And-Needs-Resuscitation Act, as is evidenced by both the simultaneous plunge of the Dow and the president’s polling numbers, as well as an epidemic case of buyer’s remorse.
As Oklahoma Republican Senator Tom Coburn has written, “the stimulus is a step toward a Soviet America.”
Or, as Lenin said, "The way to crush the bourgeoisie [the middle class] is to grind them between the millstones of taxation and inflation."
Or, as Winston Churchill so presciently pronounced: “Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance, and the gospel of envy; its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery.”
Writer Randall Hoven has elaborated upon what the president has “accomplished” in his first weeks in office. This is the short list.
· Rewarded abortionists by freeing federal funds to pay for abortions both here and overseas.
· Rewarded terrorists by not interrogating them too roughly.
· Rewarded terrorists by closing Gitmo.
· Punished the U.S. military by halting commissions until Gitmo is “reviewed.”
· Rewarded the domestically-held terrorist Ali Saleh Kahlah al-Marri by “reviewing” his case.
· Rewarded Gitmo detainee Abd al-Rahim al-Nashiri, an al-Qaida suspect in USS Cole in 200, that killed 17 US sailors, by dropping charges against him.
· Rewarded terrorists from Hamas by granting them up to $20.3 million for the “conflict victims in Gaza."
· Rewarded terrorists by establishing a redress process if those suspected of wrongdoing are delayed or prohibited from boarding a flight.
· Rewarded female career “victims” by signing the "Lily Ledbetter Fair Pay Act" so women can wage equal-pay lawsuits, not for up to 180 days but for decades in the past.
· Rewarded the American-hating president of Iran, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, by “reaching out” to him – to which the madman demanded that the U.S. apologize to Iran for its actions for” the past 60 years" and remove all U.S. forces from the Middle East.
· Rewarded labor unions by revoking a former executive order that forced employers to notify employees of their rights.
· Punished faith-based organizations by equating them with “neighborhood partnerships” like Planned Parenthood and ACORN – treating them ”like a house of God, in the eyes of the federal government.”
· Punished fair-hiring employers by requiring federal executives to hire union-only members.
· Punished the American people by issuing numerous draconian environmental dictates that insure zero energy independence for decades to come, if ever.
In other words, Hoven says, it was all “pay back Democratic special interests…spend really, really huge amounts of other people's money, [and] make terrorism a law-enforcement issue instead of a national-defense issue and watch terrorists and nuclear proliferators be released, from Pakistan to Yemen to Gitmo.”
I haven’t even mentioned how much Obama has also:
· Punished Americans by appointing chronic tax cheats and craven lobbyists to his cabinet and as advisors.
· Punished Americans by reversing every promise he made about transparency, bipartisanship, and having an economic-growth bill with no pork.
· Rewarded terrorists by authorizing $20.3 million to aid Palestinian refugees from Gaza – read Hamas – to “migrate.” But as journalist Judi McLeod and intelligence analyst Michael Travis have asked, “Is Obama opening the floodgates to Hamas” and “What security measures are in place to keep Hamas terrorists from gaining free access into the U.S.?”
· Punished Americans by not firing – or even sanctioning – Attorney General Eric Holder, who called America a “nation of cowards.”
· Punished Americans by moving the once-objective census process into the White House’s to be overseen by the Chicago-machine flunkie, Rahm Emanuel.
· And then there was the cringe-producing embarrassment he caused by granting his first interview to the Arab media, Dubai-based al Arabiya TV, where he proceeded to apologize for America’s “mistakes.”
VOX CLAMATO EN DESERTO
On the eve of the “stimulus” bill vote, which took place on February 14, Fox News’ Greta Van Susteren asked Alaska’s Governor Sarah Palin what the president should do.
“He should veto it!” Palin exclaimed. “He should send it back to the lawmakers so they have time to actually read it and understand its impact.” Hers was a lonely voice of opposition, but it resonated with millions of Americans who also wondered how their (overwhelmingly Democrat) elected officials had the gall to vote for a 1,100-page bill they hadn’t read when recent spending packages of significantly less heft had failed so thunderously:
· $180 billion stimulus program in the spring of 2008: Failed.
· $345 billion housing bailout from the summer of 2008: Failed.
· $700 billion Wall Street bailout from the fall of 2008: Failed.
· Grand total: $1.2 trillion in spending: Failed.
02-24-2009, 01:18 AM
we'll only lose it if we refuse to fight for it. We need to do like the founding fathers did - stand up and make our selves targets by standing firm for what we believe and KNOW to be right. We need to take action. We need to make efforts not just here on this board - but all throughout our lives to make sure people know the truth - and we need to make sure that we get engaged in the political process.Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.
02-24-2009, 10:33 AM
Education of the general public is the first step. How can you legally exercise your right to protest if you dont even know what you are protesting? The last thing we need to do is come up with a catch phrase and have millions protest the president and congress and their actions without even knowing what is going on. Thats how the annointed one was elected in the first place, through the ignorence of the masses. Once the population is educated (or is becoming that way) we organize movements to protest using our first ammendment rights. If at that point the government does not listen to us as they are supposed to do, we vote their complacent asses out. If that does not work, and we have exhausted all legal paths to correct the course of our government, then (and only then) armed rebellion becomes a viable recourse. For those of you that think that rebellion cant happen in America I ask you to review your history because rebellion has happened on a national scale twice.“The characteristic of genuine heroism is its persistency. All men have wandering impulses, fits and starts of generosity. But when you have resolved to be great, abide by yourself, and do not weakly try to reconcile yourself with the world. The heroic cannot be the common, nor the common the heroic.”
Ralph Waldo Emerson
Freedom is the natural yearning of the human sprit as we were endowed by our creator.
Rush Limbaugh CPAC 09
02-24-2009, 11:12 AM
Seriously, you're right. We need to shape the debate. Reagan won in 1980 because he communicated ideas, then continued to communicate them after his election. If there was one major failing of the Bush administration, it's that he was unable or unwilling to articulate his goals and philosophy of government, and the left was happy to do it for him. Obama is going to spend the next four years telling us what a great job he's doing, which the media will happily echo, while the economic and national security situations deteriorate. Our weapon, our only real weapon, is the truth.--Odysseus
Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.
Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!
|« Previous Thread | Next Thread »|