Thread: I was standing in line at a store.....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

1. #1 I was standing in line at a store..... 
    BSR
    Th1onein Donating Member (1000+ posts) Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Tue Feb-24-09 03:19 PM
    Original message
    I was standing in line at a store.....

Advertisements [?]
    And this woman ahead of me, who obviously knew the clerk personally, starts talking about the government regulating everything. I told her that if we had had a little more regulation on the financial sector, we wouldn't be in the middle of a meltdown right now. She says, yeah, but they're hurting the working man by raising taxes on him. I told her that's right, Reagan moved the taxes from the richest 2% in this country onto those who pay payroll taxes, but Obama just gave the largest tax cut in the history of this nation and he gave most of it to the working class. We went around and around, with her giving the latest Repug talking points. Finally, after countering each one of her talking points with FACTS, I told her that all of this stuff sounded like it was coming from Fox News, which I like to call Faux News. That was it, she was having no more, and walked away. Attacking her precious Faux News was more than she could take. And, by the way, we had an audience, which is the way I always like it. She might have her mind closed, but the audience doesn't always.

http://www.democraticunderground.com...ss=389x5123114

Right.

Don't you have murders to coddle?

What is & where is this Taxcut The O man gave the peoples ?
    The 21st century. The age of Smart phones and Stupid people.

It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

These people wouldn't want to run into me and butt into my conservation I was having with someone else.

she talks about Republicans having talking points from Fox news, hers came straight out of the Dnc talking points memo..sheesh

Quote Originally Posted by alaskamomma View Post
    These people wouldn't want to run into me and butt into my conservation I was having with someone else.

she talks about Republicans having talking points from Fox news, hers came straight out of the Dnc talking points memo..sheesh
    That is SUCH a bouncy.

It's like they don't even try anymore.

rm -rf obama*

BSR
    Quote Originally Posted by alaskamomma View Post

It's funny how they always have a conversation with this people and and always win. Here is how it would play out with me.

BSR to grocery clerk: Geez, I cant believe this crap Obama is pulling. $13 a week? That isnt a tax break.

Dummy: Well you know, Regan screwed up.. (BSR interupts)

BSR: Who the fuck was talking to you? Mind your own fucking business, Psycho..

Dummy: But.. But.. Bush

BSR: Serioulsy, No one was talking to you and no one cares what you think. Who the fuck do you think you are injecting yourself into my conversation? Asshole.

BSR ignores Dummy.

Then end.

Quote Originally Posted by BSR View Post
    It's funny how they always have a conversation with this people and and always win. Here is how it would play out with me.

BSR to grocery clerk: Geez, I cant believe this crap Obama is pulling. $13 a week? That isnt a tax break.

Dummy: Well you know, Regan screwed up.. (BSR interupts)

BSR: Who the fuck was talking to you? Mind your own fucking business, Psycho..

Dummy: But.. But.. Bush

BSR: Serioulsy, No one was talking to you and no one cares what you think. Who the fuck do you think you are injecting yourself into my conversation? Asshole.

BSR ignores Dummy.

Then end.
    Th1onein Donating Member (1000+ posts) Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Tue Feb-24-09 03:19 PM
    Original message

So, I was standing in the line at the store and this thick necked RETHUGLICAN in a Sean Hannity shirt was talking about how Obama's tax cuts aren't enough so I spoke up in OUR PRESIDENT's defense, this knuckle dragging Bushie told me to shut up and even used curse words! The nerve! I contacted my local ACLU chapter to see what I could do and they are making case and hope to issue warrants in 48 business hours. I'm thinking of trying the UN next to see if I can sanction him for be so mean and not listening to my TRUTH.

BSR
    Quote Originally Posted by Tjenkins View Post
    Let them pull this crap on me.. please..

NOTE to self: Never interrupt BSR.
    Onward Thru the Fog

BSR
    Quote Originally Posted by Bongo55 View Post
    Im pretty straight forward and dont pull any punches..

BSR
    Quote Originally Posted by Bongo55 View Post
    interruptions to ask " Hey is this yours?" or " Do you know what time it is" I am more than willing to take.

injecting yourself into a conversation in the hope of having a heated political debate just to score points in your mind against a "Rethuglican", stand by to have your ass handed to you..