Thread: Rant. Ask for it. Get it. Then say it's racist.

Hybrid View

1. #1 Rant. Ask for it. Get it. Then say it's racist. 
    I'm at work right now. This guy walks in who is running for City Council. His name is Henry Rushin and he just happens to be black. I don't know anything about his politics since I don't live in Ashburn (where I work). I livein Sycamore (our city limits touch). i grew up in Ashburn, and basically both are the same town, since Ashburn has the only grocery store and all the banks. Basically, Sycamore has a feed store and a couple gas stations.

Anyway, Rushin walks in and is taking donantions "for the children". Our recreation dept ballfields used to be in the high crime part of town until the late nineties. The county built a new complex out of town. Well, according to Rushin, the Mayor has decided to open back up the old park too. The ballfields were still there, they just needed mowing and a little fix up work. The reason for this, according to Rushin, is because some of the kids in that part of town couldn't get to the new park and therefore couldn't play little league. He is taking donations for uniforms and equipment. That's fine, good for him.

In the next frickin breathe, he says it don't make sense for the Mayor to open back the park on MLK. That sounds racial to him. My co worker asked him didn't he say they couldn't get to the new park? He says yeah, but something something something. That's what I heard, anyway, because I felt the anger in my chest. I shouldn't let it get to me that bad, but Ashburn's City Council 4-1 black and they still hollering racial something at every meeting. This jackass is running for City Council, and is hollering racism before even getting elected. I just walked out back to smoke a cigarette. I knew if I stayed in the office, my brain would override the filter to my mouth.

THEY were the ones complaining that they couldn't get to the new park. THEY were the ones that wanted the old one re opened. Now THEY are the ones saying the Mayor has reopened it to keep them from going to the "white park". I remember when they built the new park, the blacks were saying they put it there to keep them out, and with the old one closed they would have no where for their kids to play ball. The reason the old one was closed down was because of the endless repairs due to vandalism, not to mention all the fights at the ballgames and the drug dealings. Now there is shootings at the closed down park (the basketball court is still used and a hangout for the local gangbangers). When there is no white people signing there kids up to play there, we'll hear about how all the white people are racist for not taking their kids to play ball in gangland.

Thanks, just had to get it off my chest.
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Life's fun in S GA! I grew up in Albany. Haven't been back in a while, but they're having the same kinds of issues as I understand it.

When I was a kid, we were the United States of America, Land of the Free and Home of the Brave. Now, we're America, Land of the Sheep and Home of the Nave.

Live each day as if you're going to die tomorrow. Learn each day as if you'll live forever.

Quote Originally Posted by dixierat View Post
    Life's fun in S GA! I grew up in Albany. Haven't been back in a while, but they're having the same kinds of issues as I understand it.

Ashburn is on I-75 between Tifton and Cordele. I'm about a 45 minute drive from Albany. And yes, that is just S Ga. Of course when I say that, I'm racist.
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    Ashburn is on I-75 between Tifton and Cordele. I'm about a 45 minute drive from Albany. And yes, that is just S Ga. Of course when I say that, I'm racist.

Been through Ashburn a number of times. Played football all over the area from 68-70 for Westover HS in Albany.

And I doubt your racist. You weren't born up north were you?

When I was a kid, we were the United States of America, Land of the Free and Home of the Brave. Now, we're America, Land of the Sheep and Home of the Nave.

Live each day as if you're going to die tomorrow. Learn each day as if you'll live forever.

Quote Originally Posted by dixierat View Post
    Been through Ashburn a number of times. Played football all over the area from 68-70 for Westover HS in Albany.

And I doubt your racist. You weren't born up north were you?

Born and bred in south GA. Exept for my stint in the Navy. It don't get more South GA than this.

From vacation

My wife hates my trunks and towel.

Patent Member
    Nice tan lines, lol.
    :D : D :D

Power CUer
    My compliments to your wife; I don't blame her. The tattoo would be on my list, too, in her place.

Reminds me of some of the local legislation here in Hawaii that only allows Native Hawaiians to purchase certain parts of land. They fought for it for years so the "evil haole" couldn't take more of THEIR land. Now, people who are only part Hawaiian and not 100% are fighting against this saying it's racist. Stupid is as stupid does I guess.
    "Don't vote. It only encourages the bastards." -PJ O'Roarke

Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    Adel is so close to Hell you can see Sparks.

Just establishin' my S GA bona fides.

Yeah. This politician is just a rat. Say anything. No character.
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba Dawg View Post
    Adel is so close to Hell you can see Sparks.

Just establishin' my S GA bona fides.

Yeah. This politician is just a rat. Say anything. No character.
    That would do it! You would have to know the area even know those places exist, much less know the "old adage". Never expected to hear that on here.