Hybrid View

1. #1 Karolina Kurkova Called "Fat" By Blind Brazilians. 
    Karolina Kurkova blasted for being 'too fat' on runway

June 24, 2008 04:31pm

SEXY supermodel Karolina Kurkova is a catwalk queen - but she has been attacked by the Brazilian media for appearing too fat on the runway!

Czech Kurkova was slated in the country for appearing in a bikini with what critics called "back fat, love handles and cellulite".

Kurkova, 24, is best known for being a Victoria's Secret Angel whose superfit physique has graced the pages of fashion magazines around the world.

But her recent appearance at the Cia Maritima show during Sao Paulo Fashion Week had fashion critics up in arms.

An article in a Brazilian paper about the leggy 5'11" Karolina described how "shocked" the audience was when she appeared looking uncharacteristically chubby with "cellulite on her butt."

Kurkova is reported to be one of the world's highest-paid models, according to Forbes.

In addition to Victoria's Secret, she has featured in campaigns for Ralph Lauren, Oscar de la Renta, Chanel and Balenciaga.

The fashion industry has been under fire recently for its promotion of skinny models and pledged to adopt a more healthy image for young girls who often force themselves to become thin in the battle to secure a place among the top flight.
    She's not fat. Badly fake tanned but not fat.

Fat

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    She's not fat. Badly fake tanned but not fat.

Fat
    I'd need to do a much closer inspection to be certain.

When I was a kid, we were the United States of America, Land of the Free and Home of the Brave. Now, we're America, Land of the Sheep and Home of the Nave.

Live each day as if you're going to die tomorrow. Learn each day as if you'll live forever.

Patent Member

Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    There's definitely a little back fat going on there. She just needs to tone up a bit.
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    There's definitely a little back fat going on there. She just needs to tone up a bit.
    That's not back fat, that's skin. She's just in a twisted pose.

Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    I thought of that too. Are those the only pics?
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III