Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Lame "got in someones face" thread 
    HTML Code:
    flamin lib  (1000+ posts)        Wed Feb-25-09 11:48 AM
    Original message 
    I unloaded on a co-worker last night. It felt good. 
     Advertisements [?]I work in a baitshop/convenience store. We have an indoor fishing barge out back that’s quite popular. A new hire was working with me as his mentor until he learns the mechanics of closing out the register etc.

He took a smoke break and checked out the fishing barge. When he came back inside he commented on one fisherman who had several large Carp, saying, ’You know how those Meskins are, they’ll eat anything.” I let is slide ‘cause nobody wants dissension at work.

A little later a customer walked around the store and newbie says to me, ‘You sure can tell he’s a queer.’ Again I let it slide.

Then President Obama was featured on the local news show on the TV we have for monitoring weather etc. ‘He’s going to raise all our prices for food and stuff.’ I said really? Why is that? Newbie says, ‘Because he’s a black.”

I lost it. I got right in his face and fairly yelled, ‘I don’t want to hear about Meskins, ******s or queers from you, OK? I find it offensive and won’t tolerate it.’ 

Then I took a break.
    Link

But this guy will have to hear about gay rights, christian bashing, the evils of coporate america with out being able to say a word, because it may "Offend" someone.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Savage View Post
    HTML Code:
    flamin lib  (1000+ posts)        Wed Feb-25-09 11:48 AM
    Original message 
    I unloaded on a co-worker last night. It felt good. 
     Advertisements [?]I work in a baitshop/convenience store. We have an indoor fishing barge out back that’s quite popular. A new hire was working with me as his mentor until he learns the mechanics of closing out the register etc.

He took a smoke break and checked out the fishing barge. When he came back inside he commented on one fisherman who had several large Carp, saying, ’You know how those Meskins are, they’ll eat anything.” I let is slide ‘cause nobody wants dissension at work.

A little later a customer walked around the store and newbie says to me, ‘You sure can tell he’s a queer.’ Again I let it slide.

Then President Obama was featured on the local news show on the TV we have for monitoring weather etc. ‘He’s going to raise all our prices for food and stuff.’ I said really? Why is that? Newbie says, ‘Because he’s a black.”

I lost it. I got right in his face and fairly yelled, ‘I don’t want to hear about Meskins, ******s or queers from you, OK? I find it offensive and won’t tolerate it.’ 

Then I took a break.
    Link

But this guy will have to hear about gay rights, christian bashing, the evils of coporate america with out being able to say a word, because it may "Offend" someone.
    "Intolerance will not be tolerated!"

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

This one smells like BS to me. The alleged coworker appears to be a composite of almost everything the DUmmies hold in contempt - a smoker working in a bait shop who can't pronounce the word "Mexican" correctly. I'm surprised he forgot to claim the alleged co-worker is a "fundie" driving a gas guzzler plastered with Bush stickers.

Zero bongs.

Snort!

This is another baitshop bouncy??
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    This is another baitshop bouncy??
    I thought I recognized the setting.
    A new hire was working with me as his mentor until he learns the mechanics of closing out the register etc.
    "Mentor" and "closing out the register" in the same sentence. Sorry, I don't see it.

Must be the shortest mentoring job in history. Yeah, I mentored that guy for over 10 minutes once.

If he was SOOOOO insulted by the "alleged" bigotry, why did he resort to this?
    I got right in his face and fairly yelled, ‘I don’t want to hear about Meskins, [B]******s [/B]or queers from you, OK? I find it offensive and won’t tolerate it.’
    LIAR!
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

The indoor fishing barge sounds cool.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Phhht. What horseshit.

The DUmmies use us as a cred builder. I don't think it matters how
    stupid the story sounds, as long as we mention it they get DUmp cred points.

:D
    May the FORCE be with you!

You can't say "black" now?
    I can't keep up.