1. #1 Scripps Folds ‘Rocky Mountain News’ 
    After a would-be sale produced no qualified buyers, E.W. Scripps says its Rocky Mountain News will cease publication after the paper hits front steps tomorrow.

The News is Colorado’s oldest newspaper.

“Today the Rocky Mountain News, long the leading voice in Denver, becomes a victim of changing times in our industry and huge economic challenges,” said Scripps CEO Rich Boehne. “The Rocky is one of America’s very best examples of what local news organizations need to be in the future. Unfortunately, the partnership’s business model is locked in the past.”
    link

Perhaps Obama's legacy will be the death of the printed daily newspaper.

news papers have been dying for a while - most of them have extreme biases in their stories and with the availabilty of the internet - who wants to be beaten to death with liberal bias anymore? BESIDES - you can read 90% of what is in my local paper off the AP news site.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Quote Originally Posted by bijou View Post
    link

Perhaps Obama's legacy will be the death of the printed daily newspaper.
    Craigslist caused the death of newsprint. All that fancy pants "journalism" and opinion has been riding on the advertising gravy train for the past 100 years. Dealerships have gone over to the Internet and Craigslist fulfills pretty much all our buy/sell/trade needs now.

Worse yet - people have discovered that writing "journalism" really isn't much like rocket science; it's pretty well within the grasp of any intelligent writer who is willing to source information.

I take the Rocky Mt News and it is semi conservative, unlike the Denver (com)Post. I wanted to quit the (no)newspapers but my wife like to read the ads!
    "If every poor man is to come here and start requesting money for all his children, the applicants will never be satisfied and the nation's finances will collapse." Emperor Tiberius: Tacitus:Annals

Quote Originally Posted by tacitus View Post
    I take the Rocky Mt News and it is semi conservative, unlike the Denver (com)Post. I wanted to quit the (no)newspapers but my wife like to read the ads!
    The Rocky was slightly less lefty than the Post. Once in a blue moon they would run a story about taxes being too high or misspent and sometimes they used the term "illegal alien" but it was pretty sparse. I haven't had a subscription with them for years and I won't miss it.