Thread: Teen Critically Burned Trying to Kill Head Lice

1. #1 Teen Critically Burned Trying to Kill Head Lice 
    It's not in Florida!!

Indiana Teenager Critically Burned Trying to Kill Head Lice
    From Fox News...

EVANSVILLE, Ind. — An Indiana teenager who soaked her hair in gasoline to try to kill head lice was critically burned when the gas fumes ignited and set her head ablaze, Evansville, Ind. police said.

Eighteen-year-old Jessica Brooks is in serious condition at the burn unit at University Hospital in Louisville, Ky., following Sunday night's fire at her Evansville apartment.

Police said Brooks was in her apartment's bathroom letting her hair soak in gasoline just before a pilot light from a water heater ignited the gas fumes and her hair.

Brooks' roommate told the Evansville Courier & Press that Brooks was in a medically induced coma.

Brooks and her fiance, Ronald Young, had planned to wed in May. Young suffered burns on his arms trying to extinguish the flames.
    "Because we're a great nation, our challenges seem complex; it will always be this way. But as long as we remember our first principals and believe in ourselves, the future will always be ours." -Reagan

That is without a doubt one of the stupidist things I've ever read. Just how much does proper lice medicine cost anyway?
    2009 CU Pro Football Pick'em Champ

I saw this this and it's just terrible. Really schools need offer mandatory health classes on actual information instead of all these lame sex/relationship classes. Then these kids would know that gas is not the right treatment for lice. If she was too embarrassed to buy some Rid, there is a 5 step program to eliminate lice at home using just olive oil and ordinary cleaning techniques. That's the kind of information people can really use. :(

Quote Originally Posted by Space Gravy View Post
    That is without a doubt one of the stupidist things I've ever read. Just how much does proper lice medicine cost anyway?
    less than the cost of all the gas you would need to be able to soak your hair in it . . . .
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    less than the cost of all the gas you would need to be able to soak your hair in it . . . .
    The Rid kit costs $22.00 but cheap olive oil is only a few dollars. If only she'd known about that. A woman in Denver critically burned her daughter doing the gas/lice thing a few years ago.

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    I saw this this and it's just terrible. Really schools need offer mandatory health classes on actual information instead of all these lame sex/relationship classes. Then these kids would know that gas is not the right treatment for lice. If she was too embarrassed to buy some Rid, there is a 5 step program to eliminate lice at home using just olive oil and ordinary cleaning techniques. That's the kind of information people can really use. :(

Head lice have been around in the public schools for many years.With every new wave of immigration a new plague of lice.The standard cure when I was a kid was to use a cutie comb and cut your hair to a stubble .

Almost any petroleum based formulae will work and these days with such rampant sex going on in schools body lice ala crabs are everywhere.Most drug stores stock many different types of cures and most work well.Once a class in school is infected every one has them.They also infest the eyebrows so they have to go also.

I don't remember if I had them as a kid but I'm sure I did.Something worse in my estimation is cat fleas.One of my daughters came home from College on vacation with a mangy kitten she found on campus and that thing was infested.They moved into the den furnature in the hot weather and just about drove me crazy.

I tried everything to get rid of them to no avail but I read in a magazine that Hydrogen Peroxide would kill them I soaked my legs in the Peroxide but it had little effect .My next desperation move was to go out on the pool deck and take a handful of pool chlorine soaked in pool water and rub that all over my legs to kill the flea's .

That worked and the itching went away shortly to be replaced with a burning sensation that made me jump into the pool,shorts,shirt and all.My elementry chemistry 101 failed me as I later found that I had made a weak Hydrochloric acid solution and killed the Flea's along with about a foot of leg skin,dumb shit that I sometimes am .

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post

And the leftovers make for a fantastic Pesto sauce. Deee-LISH!
    "Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people.
    It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other."
    -- John Adams