Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Men and Women and Marriage Expectations 
    What do you think about this?
    The old adage:

A man marries a woman hoping she won't change.
    A woman marries a man hoping he will change.

If you take this as a given...then don't you think men may have the more realistic outlook on marriage?
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

Power CUer
    No. They are equally unrealistic. That's the point of the saying, that both points of view are doomed to disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by Molon Labe View Post
    What do you think about this?
    The old adage:

A man marries a woman hoping she won't change.
    A woman marries a man hoping he will change.

If you take this as a given...then don't you think men may have the more realistic outlook on marriage?
    Yes, in terms of that quote.

Gravity defeats the man’s dream and ego defeats the woman’s.;)
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

Quote Originally Posted by LogansPapa View Post
    Gravity defeats the man’s dream and ego defeats the woman’s.;)
    Leave it to you......:D
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by Molon Labe View Post
    Leave it to you......:D
    What? I remembered to put my helmet on! (sorry ladies :o)
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

I think this is broadly true. Sensibly, I've never tried to change Mr. Snaps in any significant way. I wanted a finished adult male - not the kit format.

Sadly, he just has to deal any "gravity" issues on my part privately. :D

Isolated Mountain Range in Eastern Nevada
    interestingly enough I have found that I fit the more male stereotype being the executive, independent, gutting my own fish kinda gal...and most of the guys I have met initially say they love that about me..then begin to be intimidated and want me to be cute, cuddly, subservient and stupid...
    I smile because I don't know what the heck is going on.

Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lurkalot View Post
    interestingly enough I have found that I fit the more male stereotype being the executive, independent, gutting my own fish kinda gal...and most of the guys I have met initially say they love that about me..then begin to be intimidated and want me to be cute, cuddly, subservient and stupid...
    It's that third time that is the charm. You have to go through one more before you get it right.:p
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III

Quote Originally Posted by lurkalot View Post
    Really? How bizarre.

I've had the opposite experience. Guys seem to be highly attracted to my fish-gutting ways (sometimes overly so). On the other hand, I'm a girly dresser, I don't kill my own bugs, and I cook, sew, and do other hyper-feminine things.

One thing I never do is try to make guys disclose their "real" feelings. So far as I'm aware, guys don't actually have "real" feelings. It's like trying to make a buffalo dance - they get annoyed and you get frustrated. :D