Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Isolated Mountain Range in Eastern Nevada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    It's that third time that is the charm. You have to go through one more before you get it right.:p
    does it have to be an actual marriage?
    I smile because I don't know what the heck is going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    Really? How bizarre.

I've had the opposite experience. Guys seem to be highly attracted to my fish-gutting ways (sometimes overly so). On the other hand, I'm a girly dresser, I don't kill my own bugs, and I cook, sew, and do other hyper-feminine things.

One thing I never do is try to make guys disclose their "real" feelings. So far as I'm aware, guys don't actually have "real" feelings. It's like trying to make a buffalo dance - they get annoyed and you get frustrated. :D
    men have strong attachments to two things..food and sex...there is no emotion involved.

I'm not big on the hyper feminine things, although I do like to cook does that count?

Quote Originally Posted by lurkalot View Post
    men have strong attachments to two things..food and sex...there is no emotion involved.

I'm not big on the hyper feminine things, although I do like to cook does that count?
    Probably not. I suspect you are a Mayo-eater. :p

Power CUer
    One thing I never do is try to make guys disclose their "real" feelings. So far as I'm aware, guys don't actually have "real" feelings. It's like trying to make a buffalo dance - they get annoyed and you get frustrated. :D
    Actually, that's what I like about guys - what you see is what you get. They don't have multiple layers of mystery. They'd have no idea how to achieve that, even if they could summon the energy to do so.

Really? How bizarre.

I've had the opposite experience. Guys seem to be highly attracted to my fish-gutting ways (sometimes overly so). On the other hand, I'm a girly dresser, I don't kill my own bugs, and I cook, sew, and do other hyper-feminine things.

My God. I'm in love. Be still my beating heart! Fish guts and funny too!;)
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    Actually, that's what I like about guys - what you see is what you get. They don't have multiple layers of mystery. They'd have no idea how to achieve that, even if they could summon the energy to do so.
    bullshit..men may have only two things on their mind..but they will lie, cheat, steal and manipulate to get it!

noonwitch
    That pretty much sums up why my parents' marriage failed-my mom thought she could get him to stop drinking, and he never dreamed she'd become a domineering, borderline, codependent dictator.

Ironically, my dad did stop drinking after they divorced and his current wife and he have a relationship of equals.

My mom found someone more domineering than herself, and is now dependent on his every word.

BSR
    bullshit..men may have only two things on their mind..but they will lie, cheat, steal and manipulate to get it!
    Hold up. I have never lied, cheated ,stole or manipulated to get food.. :mad:

But seriously, that's a pretty broad brush your using to paint us males. You should probably use the smaller "some men" brush. It fits better. :)

Power CUer

But their attempts are so transparent, it's kind of cute. It's like they have a glass plate in their heads you can look right into.

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    But their attempts are so transparent, it's kind of cute. It's like they have a glass plate in their heads you can look right into.
    thats true, it is rather amusing. try dating as a single mom and watch them sucking up to a kid that couldn't care less can be quite entertaining..

as for lying cheating stealing and manipulating to get food.. I have only two words BBQ RIBS
    now where is your ethical principles?