Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Immigration Enriches Us All 
    Banned
    It's so exciting, the waves of crime coming to our country:

http://www.amren.com/mtnews/archives...als_target.php

Lexington County, S.C., Deputy Sheriff Ted Xanthakis and his K-9 police dog, Arcos, were attacked by the three illegals armed with a 12-gauge shotgun during a Feb. 8 incident in West Columbia, S.C., shortly after 3 a.m. The deputy and his dog survived.

Two of the men were identified in a U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) report as members of the Surenos gang, or SUR-13, a collection of Mexican-American street gangs with origins in the oldest barrios of Southern California.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Lincoln View Post
    It's so exciting, the waves of crime coming to our country:

http://www.amren.com/mtnews/archives...als_target.php

Lexington County, S.C., Deputy Sheriff Ted Xanthakis and his K-9 police dog, Arcos, were attacked by the three illegals armed with a 12-gauge shotgun during a Feb. 8 incident in West Columbia, S.C., shortly after 3 a.m. The deputy and his dog survived.

Two of the men were identified in a U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) report as members of the Surenos gang, or SUR-13, a collection of Mexican-American street gangs with origins in the oldest barrios of Southern California.
    Actually that title should be Illegal Immigration Enriches Us All.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Actually that title should be Illegal Immigration Enriches Us All.
    Exactly (well if you were being sarcastic of course). There are plenty of legal immigrants who are not criminals. That is one of the reasons why they were able to come into the country in the first place and become legal citizens.
    "Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives."
    -Ronald Reagan

Life is a story; if you stay on the same page forever you will never finish it.
    "There are days you are the pigeon and days you are the statue."

Quote Originally Posted by Mythic View Post
    Exactly (well if you were being sarcastic of course). There are plenty of legal immigrants who are not criminals. That is one of the reasons why they were able to come into the country in the first place and become legal citizens.
    I work with quite a few people who immigrated here legally and they are fine members of society that I enjoy having as friends. The title and the text that follows seems to promote an isolationalist policy which I am against.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Sonnabend
    I think Hugh is Eyelid's little brother.

Isnt that sweet? :D

Quote Originally Posted by Mythic View Post
    Yep. They do often run background checks when people apply for visas and when they apply for non-immigrant status in the US. One of the reasons that the green card process takes such a long time is the the FBI checks the name of every person who applies to make sure that they aren't on any watch lists, or even connected to a watch list. They take fingerprints to make sure they match up to anything. People have to undergo a physical exam to ensure that they don't have any communicable disease and that they have all of the necessary vaccinations.

There are issues with our current immigration program, and there are definitely things that I think should be changed, but over all, legal immigration is not a problem. Illegal immigration is what is dangerous because there is no background check and we don't know who is here.

Legal immigration is a great thing. 3 of my grandparents were legal immigrants. The 4th was the Mayflower descendant.

Immigration is a good thing. What's a bad thing is the failure to assimilate.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    Immigration is a good thing. What's a bad thing is the failure to assimilate.
    The Borg have a similar saying....:D

C. S. Lewis

Banned
    Both legal and illegal immigration are completely out of control. We need to stop both, especially now.