1. #1 “What ACORN is trying to do is change the very core of what America is 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Lawyers: ACORN Destroying American Elections

WASHINGTON -- Activist group ACORN is subverting America's election system by using fraud and corruption to mislead poor, minority communities, and the media is complicit in the effort, an organization of Republican lawyers claims.

“[ACORN’s] antics include embezzlement, cover-ups, document destruction, misuse of taxpayer funds for political purposes, voter fraud, campaign finance violations, and non-profits abuse,” said Heather Heidelbaugh, a Pittsburgh attorney and vice president of the Republican National Lawyers Association (RNLA).

“Most of us think ACORN is all about trying to conduct massive voter register drives, but that’s just a ruse,” Heidelbaugh said as part of a panel discussion at the Conservative Political Action Conference on Thursday. “What ACORN is trying to do is change the very core of what America is. And they’re using poor people and people of color to do it.”

The group discussed ACORN’s track record of election fraud, which is concerning considering the group is the largest grass roots organization in America with 170 affiliated organizations. Despite a series of complaints of voter registration fraud by ACORN representatives, however, the mainstream media is reluctant to report on the group’s transgressions, RNLA officials say.

Heidelbaugh, who in October of 2008 tried a preliminary case on behalf of the Pennsylvania Republican State Committee alleging voter fraud, misrepresentation, violation of the equal protection code and due process by ACORN, claims the New York Times refused to go with a story brought to the court about a woman who testified in court about Barack Obama’s link to ACORN.

“If somebody testifies in court, under oath, and tells the truth and has evidence, certainly then the truth will come out,” Heidelbaugh surmised. She then brought the court transcript to the CNN investigative reporter covering the court case.

“I was interviewed by a CNN reporter with a camera at the trial. It [the story] never got out,” Heidelbaugh said. “I was later told, ‘We’re not going with this story; it’s a game-changer.’ ABC World News tonight? Same story. This is the failure of our democracy. This is the failure of the mass media to enforce our First Amendment.”

Heidelbaugh said the Obama campaign provided a spreadsheet listing its maxed-out donors to ACORN to raise funds, which was admitted into evidence and was released to every media outlet in Pennsylvania, the Associated Press, and CNN.

“After two days of working with the news outlets, the investigative reporter for CNN said, ‘We’re shutting the story down,’ simply because the Obama campaign called the court house and said, ‘We did not provide that.’ So they killed the story.”

http://www.newsmax.com/insidecover/a...27/186512.html

“[ACORN’s] antics include embezzlement, cover-ups, document destruction, misuse of taxpayer funds for political purposes, voter fraud, campaign finance violations, and non-profits abuse,” said Heather Heidelbaugh, a Pittsburgh attorney and vice president of the Republican National Lawyers Association (RNLA).

People get, if not what they deserve, at least what they'll tolerate. ACORN's antics? Children have antics. The list of things ACORN has done are crimes. Why are we so afraid to call something by it's right name? I know it political correctness gone mad, but it infuriates me when crimes that have undermined our democracy are referred to as antics.
    Better to die on your feet than live on your knees.

Quote Originally Posted by AlmostThere View Post

People get, if not what they deserve, at least what they'll tolerate. ACORN's antics? Children have antics. The list of things ACORN has done are crimes. Why are we so afraid to call something by it's right name? I know it political correctness gone mad, but it infuriates me when crimes that have undermined our democracy are referred to as antics.
    It's frightening that anyone opposing the fraud has to soft-pedal it with words like "antics". I thought when the word got out before the election that Obama had ties with Acorn that he'd be finished. Sadly, people don't even care. It's infuriating.

Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    It's frightening that anyone opposing the fraud has to soft-pedal it with words like "antics". I thought when the word got out before the election that Obama had ties with Acorn that he'd be finished. Sadly, people don't even care. It's infuriating.
    Ties? More like BDSM. I assume you've seen this video? At around 2 minutes in, he says ACORN and other community organizers ( don't ya love that description) will be brought in before he's inaugurated to help shape his agenda. Yea, I guess he had ties.

And God, is it infuriating.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vJcVgJhNaU

Banned
    ACORN is pro-minority. Therefore, whatever they do is going to measured much differently. Just a fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Lincoln View Post
    ACORN is pro-minority. Therefore, whatever they do is going to measured much differently. Just a fact.
    You believe that because ACORN is pro-minority that has any bearing on how they're judged? I'd think it has more to do with them being pro-voter fraud, pro-election rigging, pro-long-list-of crimes.

Martin Luther King was pro-minority and he has his own national holiday.
    Last edited by AlmostThere; 03-03-2009 at 04:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Lincoln View Post
    I could care less about their stance on minority issues - it's their fraud activities that are the problem.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.