Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by everyman68 View Post
    Anybody can be an elitist.

Were you at DU in 04?

She was just as intolerant. She was for Clark then...
    I was a recent DUer so I can't say I remember 04. What was the board like then?

Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    I was a recent DUer so I can't say I remember 04. What was the board like then?
    About the same.Frenchie has always been one of the most intolerant and verbally thuggish posters. I could make a list of posters I like and some that are total assholes.

Power CUer
    About the same.Frenchie has always been one of the most intolerant and verbally thuggish posters. I could make a list of posters I like and some that are total assholes.
    That could be interesting, although some of those have left (or been tombstoned).

I wonder what it is about having so much that makes folks like Frenchiecat (and Michelle Obama) so angry. Michelle Obama got to go to an Ivy League school without the grades and the SATs. (It was her brother who had the SATs and the sports ability that got him into Princeton. Michelle was merely a "legacy"). Meanwhile, I had a good friend with the grades and the SATS and she did NOT get into Princeton. (She had almost perfect SATs and straight A's and went to a private Catholic school.) My friend got over it and went to a good school in town, but Michelle Obama gets into the Ivy League and never "gets over" her good fortune. I don't get it. And Frenchiecat is from the same mold.

Power CUer
    Ooo...

Seems like Miss Frenchie can't take a little FISA criticism.

http://www.democraticunderground.com...ss=132x6423514

FrenchieCat Sat Jun-28-08 05:36 PM
    Original message
    I'm going to Concentrate on Slamming McCain, since so many DUers are so busy Slamming Obama!

Advertisements [?]
    It appears that John McCain is now publicly taking credit for a bill that he not only DID NOT Vote for, but that he actively campaigned against; the GI Bill.

A couple of the liberal Blogs have noted McCain's convenient lingo, but not enough of them.

We have an entire weekend to bring this Flip Flop of military magnitude to the attention of the more mainstream media.

The next important news cycle begins Monday.

(There's more)

Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    That could be interesting, although some of those have left (or been tombstoned).

I wonder what it is about having so much that makes folks like Frenchiecat (and Michelle Obama) so angry. Michelle Obama got to go to an Ivy League school without the grades and the SATs. (It was her brother who had the SATs and the sports ability that got him into Princeton. Michelle was merely a "legacy"). Meanwhile, I had a good friend with the grades and the SATS and she did NOT get into Princeton. (She had almost perfect SATs and straight A's and went to a private Catholic school.) My friend got over it and went to a good school in town, but Michelle Obama gets into the Ivy League and never "gets over" her good fortune. I don't get it. And Frenchiecat is from the same mold.

Plus Frenchie and Barack Obama are here by choice.They are emigrees...Well, Barack's African father was....Neither are descendants of slaves... I look forwad to the day when we can see past color, gender, race, religion, and sexual orientation , and hmmm, I don't know, "judge people by the content of their character."

Power CUer
    Plus Frenchie and Barack Obama are here by choice.They are emigrees...Well, Barack's African father was....Neither are descendants of slaves... I look forwad to the day when we can see past color, gender, race, religion, and sexual orientation , and hmmm, I don't know, "judge people by the content of their character."
    You know, that's right. Neither is the descendant of American slaves.

If Frenchie has a beef with anyone, it's the French. She mentions in one of her posts that there was more racism in France than in the US. The French were brutal to the Algerians.

Interesting that Barack and Colin Powell, the only two African Americans to be taken politically seriously at the Presidential level, are both, in fact, sons of immigrants whose families had no history of slavery in the US.