1. #1 Logan parking costs may soar - Governor proposes adding $2 'carbon fee' 
    By Noah Bierman
    Globe Staff / March 2, 2009

In the same month that Logan International Airport hiked its parking rates by $1, Governor Deval Patrick is asking for another $2 parking "carbon fee" as part of his transportation overhaul filed this week.

The carbon fee, described on page 137 of Patrick's 141-page bill, would that mean a 20- or 30-minute trip to pick up a relative at Logan could cost $6 in parking alone, not including tunnel tolls, which could rise to as much as $7 if legislators fail to pass Patrick's other proposal to raise the gas tax. Three hours in a Logan garage would cost $18; all-day parking in a garage would run $26.

CONTINUED
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    By Noah Bierman
    Globe Staff / March 2, 2009

In the same month that Logan International Airport hiked its parking rates by $1, Governor Deval Patrick is asking for another $2 parking "carbon fee" as part of his transportation overhaul filed this week.

The carbon fee, described on page 137 of Patrick's 141-page bill, would that mean a 20- or 30-minute trip to pick up a relative at Logan could cost $6 in parking alone, not including tunnel tolls, which could rise to as much as $7 if legislators fail to pass Patrick's other proposal to raise the gas tax. Three hours in a Logan garage would cost $18; all-day parking in a garage would run $26.

CONTINUED
    Tsk.
    The communists of Assholechucetts, who give us Kerry, Kennedy and Barney deserve just what they're going to get.

rm -rf obama*

Banned
    Between Obama and these blue state politicians, they are going to try to suck every dime out of taxpayers with their newfound sources of revenues to facilitate their mismanaged spending thirst. At least, I live in a red state that is half ass fiscally responsible.

These gas bags ought to tax themselves whenever they talk! Talk about foul emissions!

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.

Why is this in breaking news?

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    Why is this in breaking news?
    The point is - their adding a CARBON tax.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.