1. #1 US removes its nuclear arms from Britain 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    The US has removed its nuclear weapons from Britain, ending a contentious presence spanning more than half a century, a report will say today. According to the study by the Federation of American Scientists, the last 110 American nuclear weapons on UK soil were withdrawn from RAF Lakenheath in Suffolk on the orders of President George Bush. The report's author, Hans Kristensen, one of the leading experts on Washington's nuclear arsenal, said the move had happened in the past few years, but had only come to light yesterday. He described the withdrawal of the B-61 "freefall", or "gravity", bombs as...snip

Dumb "gravity" bombs are so 'yesterday' nobody uses that stuff anymore,everything is 'smart' these days.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2008...policy.nuclear

Hot stuff in the late 60’s, because of its small diameter - used in bunker buster roles (as dropped by the B-2), they’ll find a nice home in Guam eventually.
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

Quote Originally Posted by LogansPapa View Post
    Hot stuff in the late 60’s, because of its small diameter - used in bunker buster roles (as dropped by the B-2), they’ll find a nice home in Guam eventually.
    B-61's are nuclear, moron.

Quote Originally Posted by Teetop View Post
    B-61's are nuclear, moron.

Yeah. No shit.
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

The newest variant is the B61 Mod 11, a hardened penetration bomb with a reinforced casing (according to some sources, containing depleted uranium) and a delayed-action fuze, allowing it to penetrate several metres into the ground before detonating, damaging fortified structures further underground [1]. The Mod 11 weighs about 1,200 lb (540 kg). Developed from 1994, the Mod 11 went into service in 1997 replacing the older megaton-yield B53 bomb, a limited number of which had been retained for anti-fortification use. About 50 Mod 11 bombs have been produced, their warheads converted from Mod 7 bombs. At present, the primary carrier for the B61 Mod 11 is the B-2 Spirit.

Does the phrase: "Variable Yield" hold any meaning for you.

Quote Originally Posted by LogansPapa View Post
    The newest variant is the B61 Mod 11, a hardened penetration bomb with a reinforced casing (according to some sources, containing depleted uranium) and a delayed-action fuze, allowing it to penetrate several metres into the ground before detonating, damaging fortified structures further underground [1]. The Mod 11 weighs about 1,200 lb (540 kg). Developed from 1994, the Mod 11 went into service in 1997 replacing the older megaton-yield B53 bomb, a limited number of which had been retained for anti-fortification use. About 50 Mod 11 bombs have been produced, their warheads converted from Mod 7 bombs. At present, the primary carrier for the B61 Mod 11 is the B-2 Spirit.

Does the phrase: "Variable Yield" hold any meaning for you.
    I know more about a B-61 than you ever would. I knew about "variable yields" when that term was classified.

Quote Originally Posted by Teetop View Post
    I know more about a B-61 than you ever would. I knew about "variable yields" when that term was classified.
    Well I don't know anything about it - how about explaining it to us all in layman's terms, eh? Exactly how does it work?

Hello?

* must be looking for his flask of deuterium-tritium. ;)