Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 A note to lurking Liberals regarding Gary Condit... 
    I would like to offer, on behalf of Conservatives and Republicans everywhere, a heartfelt and honest apology for jumping to the conclusion that Gary Condit was a murderous, lying, philandering scumbag Democrat who killed Chandra Levy.

I guess a lot of us jumped to that conclusion because of the fact that he is a Democrat and you guys kind of have a tradition of electing murderous, lying, philandering scumbag Democrats and then lionizing them.

As it turns out Gary Condit has been vindicated by history.

He is not a murderous, lying, philandering scumbag Democrat.

He is merely a regular, plain old, lying, philandering scumbag Democrat.

And since we have all gotten used to those...

I offer our apologies for jumping to conclusions.

Power CUer
    I never thought he killed her; I thought that it was intended to be a "dallliance" on his part, and his life went out of control very quickly when her disappearance put a spotlight on the affair. Did you think he killed her?
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Power CUer
    I also think this kind of behavior is not party-specific. I never saw Bob Livingston or Newt Gingrich leading "Promise Keepers" rallies.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    I also think this kind of behavior is not party-specific. I never saw Bob Livingston or Newt Gingrich leading "Promise Keepers" rallies.
    It does seem to happen a tad bit more so on the left hand side of the aisle though. I do get irked when I see conservatives take a former Democratic scumbag like Dick Morris into the fold.

Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    I never thought he killed her; I thought that it was intended to be a "dallliance" on his part, and his life went out of control very quickly when her disappearance put a spotlight on the affair. Did you think he killed her?
    I never thought he killed her either. It was just "unfortunate" for him that she went missing.
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    I never thought he killed her either. It was just "unfortunate" for him that she went missing.
    9/11 was a tragedy, but possibly less for Rep. Condit than for most of us. It's basically what got Chandra off the front pages.

At the time of Chappaquidick, drunk driving wasn't punished the same way it is now. If it had been, Teddy would have gone to jail and probably not been elected to the senate over and over again. There's no defending his actions, except to say that he didn't have intent to commit murder. It's more of a manslaughter offense than out and out murder. At most, it's second degree murder, if there was a prosecutor who was up for making a case for that charge. It's still wrong, though, and he still got away with it. Teddy's dying now, in a way that is causing him suffering. One can look at that as a form of cosmic justice, if one wants to. I don't live in MA and never voted for anyone named Kennedy. Levin, yes, Kennedy, no.

I never got all worked up over Clinton's philandering ways. I knew what he was when I voted for him in 1992-I didn't vote for him in the primary, though, I voted for Tsongas, who died of cancer around the time his first term would have ended. I always figured that if Hillary was okay with his behavior, well , she's the one married to him, not me. It's not criminal to cheat on one's wife, although it is criminal to lie in a deposition about it. Just think, if Monica had actually gotten her drycleaning done on a regular basis, we would never have known for sure that anything happened. Most men in my life have lied about sex at some point in their lives-either they claimed to have gotten it when they have not, or they claim they haven't gotten it when they have done so. I think a lot of women who voted for him have had similar experiences in their lives-men should be grateful for our forgiving nature, in general.

I didn't think Condit was guilty of murder, mainly because there was a serial killer/rapist who was stalking women in the same area where Chandra Levy disappeared. And, that's who they've got for the crime, a serial rapist who struck in that area.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    At the time of Chappaquidick, drunk driving wasn't punished the same way it is now. If it had been, Teddy would have gone to jail and probably not been elected to the senate over and over again. There's no defending his actions, except to say that he didn't have intent to commit murder. It's more of a manslaughter offense than out and out murder. At most, it's second degree murder, if there was a prosecutor who was up for making a case for that charge.
    I don't know of anyone who believes he intentionally drove off the bridge. It's what he did afterward that cemented his image as a scumbag.

I never got all worked up over Clinton's philandering ways. I knew what he was when I voted for him in 1992-I didn't vote for him in the primary, ..... I always figured that if Hillary was okay with his behavior, well , she's the one married to him, not me.
    You weren't voting on him to be your husband. You were voting on him taking the role of President, arguably the most powerful position in the world. Don't ya think that considering the power over your life that a President has, you have the right to expect that you can trust that person? If he can so easily cheat on his wife and the mother of his child, why would you think he would be faithful to his promise to you?

It's not criminal to cheat on one's wife, although it is criminal to lie in a deposition about it.
    The other day I happened to watch highlights of his testimony in front of the grand jury. I heard he lied in his deposition, I saw him lie to the grand jury. And if other witnesses were telling the truth, he was guilty of obstruction and suborning perjury as well.

Most men in my life have lied about sex at some point in their lives-either they claimed to have gotten it when they have not, or they claim they haven't gotten it when they have done so. I think a lot of women who voted for him have had similar experiences in their lives-men should be grateful for our forgiving nature, in general.
    I don't think anybody gives a damn that he lied about sex. It wouldn't have been any different if he had lied about what he'd had for breakfast. What a lot of people, including myself, are angry about was that he raised his hand and took an oath to tell the truth, the whole truth, and he lied through his teeth and tried to get others to lie as well. And that is a big enough deal that the average Joe would have gone to jail over it.
    Better to die on your feet than live on your knees.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    At the time of Chappaquidick, drunk driving wasn't punished the same way it is now. If it had been, Teddy would have gone to jail and probably not been elected to the senate over and over again. There's no defending his actions, except to say that he didn't have intent to commit murder. It's more of a manslaughter offense than out and out murder. At most, it's second degree murder, if there was a prosecutor who was up for making a case for that charge. It's still wrong, though, and he still got away with it. Teddy's dying now, in a way that is causing him suffering. One can look at that as a form of cosmic justice, if one wants to. I don't live in MA and never voted for anyone named Kennedy. Levin, yes, Kennedy, no.

I never got all worked up over Clinton's philandering ways. I knew what he was when I voted for him in 1992-I didn't vote for him in the primary, though, I voted for Tsongas, who died of cancer around the time his first term would have ended. I always figured that if Hillary was okay with his behavior, well , she's the one married to him, not me. It's not criminal to cheat on one's wife, although it is criminal to lie in a deposition about it. Just think, if Monica had actually gotten her drycleaning done on a regular basis, we would never have known for sure that anything happened. Most men in my life have lied about sex at some point in their lives-either they claimed to have gotten it when they have not, or they claim they haven't gotten it when they have done so. I think a lot of women who voted for him have had similar experiences in their lives-men should be grateful for our forgiving nature, in general.

I didn't think Condit was guilty of murder, mainly because there was a serial killer/rapist who was stalking women in the same area where Chandra Levy disappeared. And, that's who they've got for the crime, a serial rapist who struck in that area.
    Ewww... you've voted for Levin? Can't stand that guy. Everytime I write him the only replies I get are "Thanks for your opinion. I don't care what it was, but thanks for it anyways. Now I'm going to tell you how my actions are going to go completely against what you want. Thanks again for your opinion."

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by AlmostThere View Post
    If he can so easily cheat on his wife and the mother of his child, why would you think he would be faithful to his promise to you?
    This argument really makes no sense to me. Dwight Eisenhower was not true blue to Mamie, but he did a hell of a job for this country in a couple of different roles.