Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 What's The Best Ebook Reader? 
    I'm thinking of getting an ebook reader but there seems to be a lot conflicting info out there on what's "best". I'm looking mainly to access free pdf files but I'd like something that handles multiple file types. I don't want to subscribe to newspapers or blogs. I do want to be able to change the font size and optional backlighting would be a big plus.

Ideas?

I have the sony eBook reader, and I'm not too thrilled with it. The page turning isn't as fast as I'd like, and I have to change the font every time I change the page, which gets really old really fast.

I wish I had waited for the Kindle :(

most MP3 players will do E books now too . . . .
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    most MP3 players will do E books now too . . . .
    I want a portable device with a "page size" screen. I work with computers and techno-gadgets all day long so I'm pretty gadget-free on my own time. I don't even own a cell phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    I want a portable device with a "page size" screen. I work with computers and techno-gadgets all day long so I'm pretty gadget-free on my own time. I don't even own a cell phone.
    Ipod touch is page size . . . . plus it can play music and games and go on the internet . . . . It's a multi-tool

Ipod touch is page size . . .
    For how small a book? I don't know about you, but spending hours staring at that little screen doesn't seem too pleasant.

I've heard good things about the Kindle. Plus, they just came out with the Kindle 2. It is, however, a bit pricey ($359).
    "Because we're a great nation, our challenges seem complex; it will always be this way. But as long as we remember our first principals and believe in ourselves, the future will always be ours." -Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by AHeneen View Post
    For how small a book? I don't know about you, but spending hours staring at that little screen doesn't seem too pleasant.

I've heard good things about the Kindle. Plus, they just came out with the Kindle 2. It is, however, a bit pricey ($359).
    you can get an ipod touch for that price! And the screen is more than big enough and plenty easy to scroll.

Ipod touch is page size . . . . plus it can play music and games and go on the internet . . . . It's a multi-tool
    It seems like a netbook would be the way to go if I wanted all that. I've thought using reader software with a netbook but I'm still hoping that there's something purpose-made that will fit the bill.

Ginger check out this link.

Those things are expensive!:eek:
    "If every poor man is to come here and start requesting money for all his children, the applicants will never be satisfied and the nation's finances will collapse." Emperor Tiberius: Tacitus:Annals

Quote Originally Posted by tacitus View Post
    Ginger check out this link.

Those things are expensive!:eek:
    Very cool! Thanks! :)