Thread: What's The Best Ebook Reader?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 16 of 16
  1. #11  
    CU's Tallest Midget! PoliCon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pittsburgh PA
    Posts
    25,328
    Lets think - $400 on a single use piece of outdated tech - or $400 on a state of the art piece of multi function technology. Hell you can get a basic lap top for that price!! lol
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    Lets think - $400 on a single use piece of outdated tech - or $400 on a state of the art piece of multi function technology. Hell you can get a basic lap top for that price!! lol
    Part of the appeal of readers to people like me (people who expect to read off the devices for 2 - 4 hours at a stretch), is that readers are light, thin, and bright. Phones and PDAs are too small to read from when you're reading for hours. Laptops are too big and heavy. Both of them have tricky contrast problems in natural light. Netbooks might work.

    Sometimes a cigar is better off being just a cigar, not a video downloading/email generating/global scheduler.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #13  
    Senior Member tacitus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    724
    Ginger you might also want to check CNET reviews for the product.
    "If every poor man is to come here and start requesting money for all his children, the applicants will never be satisfied and the nation's finances will collapse." Emperor Tiberius: Tacitus:Annals




    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #14  
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Pleasant Valley
    Posts
    639
    The Cybook from Bookeen meets all of your requirements excepting that it's not backlit. I would check the mail that's above the average temperature for more details.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by Water Closet View Post
    The Cybook from Bookeen meets all of your requirements excepting that it's not backlit. I would check the mail that's above the average temperature for more details.
    I have indeed checked it. :D
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #16  
    CU's Tallest Midget! PoliCon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pittsburgh PA
    Posts
    25,328
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    Part of the appeal of readers to people like me (people who expect to read off the devices for 2 - 4 hours at a stretch), is that readers are light, thin, and bright. Phones and PDAs are too small to read from when you're reading for hours. Laptops are too big and heavy. Both of them have tricky contrast problems in natural light. Netbooks might work.

    Sometimes a cigar is better off being just a cigar, not a video downloading/email generating/global scheduler.
    in that case my dear - read a REAL book!! :p
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •