* Sincerity
    * Moderation
    * Hard Work
    * Courage
    * Personal Responsibility
    * Friendship

The Nine Principles

1. America is good.

2. I believe in God and He is the Center of my Life.

3. I must always try to be a more honest person than I was yesterday.

4. The family is sacred. My spouse and I are the ultimate authority, not the government.

5. If you break the law you pay the penalty. Justice is blind and no one is above it.

6. I have a right to life, liberty and pursuit of happiness, but there is no guarantee of equal results.

7. I work hard for what I have and I will share it with who I want to. Government cannot force me to be charitable.

8. It is not un-American for me to disagree with authority or to share my personal opinion.

9. The government works for me. I do not answer to them, they answer to me.

You Are Not Alone
    have you joined up?
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

I'm a liberal, and I don't really have any problems with any of his values or principles. The second principle is a good one for individuals, but should never be government policy.

Banned
    The Nine Principles + 11

1. America is GREAT.

2. I believe in A God OF MY OWN UNDERSTANDING and He is the Center of my SPIRITUAL Life.

3. I must always try to be a more honest person than I was yesterday.--**Exemptions for High School Reunions, Wife's Friend's Art Exhibit, and telling my kids about the college experience

4. The family is sacred. I am the ultimate authority, not the government. My spouse shall be allowed to think she's in charge, however, I maintain ultimate veto power over all decisions, but have learned to not exercise said veto power unless I am willing to go without marital privileges for a period of 30-60 days, aka in the proverbial doghouse for making a unilateral decision without consulting the old lady.

5. If you break the law you pay the penalty. Justice is blind and no one is above it.

6. I have a right to life, liberty and pursuit of happiness, but there is no guarantee of equal results.

7. I work hard for what I have and I will share it with who I want to. Government cannot force me to be charitable. But Government can require that I practice #3 when claiming deductions.

8. It is not un-American for me to disagree with authority or to share my personal opinion.

9. The government works for me. I do not answer to them, they answer to me.

10. I understand the difference between a Republic and a Democracy and am clear on which one I live in.

12. I will try to watch less television and get more exercise (now that football is over).

13. I will not litter when visiting a national park.

14. I will visit the in-laws at least once a year, even though they seem to only come to us every five years. I bet if we had another kid they'd be right over. On second thought...

15. I will not pressure my kids into being a doctor or a lawyer, nor belittle them for wanting to be a magician or a cowgirl.

16. I will refrain from mocking vegans (to their face).

17. I will fix one thing around the house every (other) weekend.

18. I will not yell at the TV--it is an inanimate electrical appliance, completely innocent of the nonsense that sometimes spews from its face.

19. I will not purchase things I don't really need just to impress people I don't really like.

20. And, God Willing, I will have my RV someday--despite my wife's resistance to "cleaning one of those things."

Do you listen to Beck very much, hazlnut?

Your additions and alterations don't really fit in with Beck's approach to anything, let alone family life.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post

Your additions and alterations don't really fit in with Beck's approach to anything, let alone family life.
    I've met him, he's a crack up. Great sense of humor.

But, you're right, I'm not sure Beck knows the difference between a Republic and a Democracy.

As far as family life--I'm not sure how to make a little face with tongue firmly planted in cheek... maybe this one... ;)

My wife read the post and said there's no way I'm getting an RV and took away my Veto power... :(

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post

I'm left wondering again that he claims to be a conservative . . . .
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.