Thread: Excavate! Excavate! Volunteer Mark Oakland with the Dalek's head he dredged up

1. #1 Excavate! Excavate! Volunteer Mark Oakland with the Dalek's head he dredged up 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    "The Doctor Will Be Interested IN This

His group, who were clearing rubbish near Beaulieu, Hampshire, had already fished out an old table football game, dozens of lager cans and even a muddy skateboard.
    But the last thing they were expecting to find was a full size head from one of the Time Lord’s most feared adversaries complete with its distinctive eye stalk.
    ‘It must have been down there for some time because it was covered in mould and water weed, and had quite a bit of damage,’ said Mr Oakland.
    ‘One of the dome lights was smashed, but the eye stalk was intact and the head and neck stayed in one piece as I carefully lifted it out.’
    Who's this? Mr Oakland made the discovery at the pond in Beaulieu, Hampshire

The pitiless Daleks, famed for killing their enemy with a death ray after screeching ‘exterminate’, were taken to the area to film episodes in the 1980s.
    Pond warden Tony Brown, 70, who led the volunteers, said: ‘We made a very thorough search of the rest of the bottom of the pond and there were definitely no alien remnants lurking.
    ‘We”ve all agreed it best to keep the pond’s exact location under wraps.
    ‘The last thing we want are sci-fi fans descending on the pond frantically seraching for other dalek parts.’
    Mr Brown, who has been helping clear out the area for the past eight years, said: ‘We”ve dredged up everything from shopping trolleys, toys, and bicycles.
    ‘But this is the first time a dalek’s appeared. We have no idea how it ended up in there, or how long ago.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti....html?ITO=1490

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar

LOL!!!! :D
    May the FORCE be with you!

I don't care who you are, that's funny right there. :) The PBS station out here used to show Dr. Who, Blake's 7, and a couple of other old (even then) sci fi shows, other wise I would probably have no idea what a darlek is.

‘We”ve all agreed it best to keep the pond’s exact location under wraps.
    ‘The last thing we want are sci-fi fans descending on the pond frantically seraching for other dalek parts.’
    Dream on. Some geek will find it, and spread the word to their fellow geeks. Take advantage of it. Set up booths charging for the opportunity to dive the lake, print t shirts, the whole nine yards. Put the original one under glass and ond display. $5 a picture with the drowned darleck. They'll make a forturne.
    Romans 6:18 You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness.

Differences between Obama and God: God's plan to save us is actually written down for people to read. Rush Limbaugh.

My blog: How Things Look From Here Politics, religion, random stuff, now on Wednesdays!

who you call'n a geek you nerd! :p
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    who you call'n a geek you nerd! :p
    Don't make me take off my pocket protector and come over there.
    Romans 6:18 You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness.

Differences between Obama and God: God's plan to save us is actually written down for people to read. Rush Limbaugh.

My blog: How Things Look From Here Politics, religion, random stuff, now on Wednesdays!

Quote Originally Posted by enslaved1 View Post
    Don't make me take off my pocket protector and come over there.
    Oh you just go right ahead. I'll pull out my battle mace +1 against nerds and engage you in battle forsooth!
    Last edited by PoliCon; 03-06-2009 at 02:01 PM.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.