Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    And 800,000,000 motor vehicles in the world by 2020 will certainly help the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by LogansPapa View Post
    And 800,000,000 motor vehicles in the world by 2020 will certainly help the situation.

Everyone should switch back to horses.
    -
    -
    -

In actual dollars, President Obamaís $4.4 trillion in deficit spending in just three years is 37 percent higher than the previous record of $3.2 trillion (held by President George W. Bush) in deficit spending for an entire presidency. Itís no small feat to demolish an 8-year record in just 3 years.

Under Obamaís own projections, interest payments on the debt are on course to triple from 2010 (his first budgetary year) to 2018, climbing from $196 billion to $685 billion annually.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSmith View Post
    Everyone should switch back to horses.
    Idiotic. Everyone needs to drive a vehicle with 400 bhp that gets 12 mpg? See, I can do it too.

Idiotic. Everyone needs to drive a vehicle with 400 bhp that gets 12 mpg? See, I can do it too.
    Maybe the real answer is to off as many unborn children as we can. If we can just get rid of all these people, the world will be a happier place for everyone.
    -
    -
    -

In actual dollars, President Obamaís $4.4 trillion in deficit spending in just three years is 37 percent higher than the previous record of $3.2 trillion (held by President George W. Bush) in deficit spending for an entire presidency. Itís no small feat to demolish an 8-year record in just 3 years.

Under Obamaís own projections, interest payments on the debt are on course to triple from 2010 (his first budgetary year) to 2018, climbing from $196 billion to $685 billion annually.

Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    There's an eyeroll competition going on and I wasn't invited?
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    There's an eyeroll competition going on and I wasn't invited?
    Consider yourself invited.

:D
    -
    -
    -

I personally don't believe in manmade global warming, but I do believe in air pollution. I would argue that by 2020, most new cars are going to be several times more fuel efficient than their 20th century counterparts - and with any luck, running on hydrogen fuel cells or seawater. I think even if you do believe in global warming, you can be encouraged at the gradual decline of the SUV and the advent of cars like the Prius.
    Nothing helps a bad mood like spreading it around.

Goldwater
    Oh yeah?

Quote Originally Posted by Troll View Post
    I personally don't believe in manmade global warming, but I do believe in air pollution. I would argue that by 2020, most new cars are going to be several times more fuel efficient than their 20th century counterparts - and with any luck, running on hydrogen fuel cells or seawater. I think even if you do believe in global warming, you can be encouraged at the gradual decline of the SUV and the advent of cars like the Prius.
    I would also love to see this...though our government will have to find new ways to extract billions of tax dollars from us when we stop using petroleum. We're already moving in that direction, which is great. What isn't great is that the government and our greenies really believe that bankrupting a bunch of us will help this process! We have the oil, drill and pump until the alternate technology is available!

I think it's sick that the media is gloating over a 2% drop in gas use by Americans. What exactly does that mean? Some parents can't afford the expense to go to work every day, so they're going on welfare? Truck drivers spend 8 hours at home instead of 48? Families that would normally get together over the holiday weekend are forced to stay home and miss out on seeing each other for a few days on one of the 3 or 4 times a year they can arrange it? This is something good?? :mad:

We pollute much less than we did in the past, and continuing this trend is great. Doing it by penalizing everyday Americans is a liberal fantasy.
    -
    -
    -

Goldwater
    America is already starting to use smaller cars like Europe because of gas pricing.

OMG THE MARKET IS DEALING WITH GLOBAL WARMING, THE MARKET IS GOD.