1. #1 Dead Teen's Parents Claim Hospital Killed Him, Harvested Organs 
    Dead Teen's Parents Claim Hospital Killed Him, Harvested Organs

PITTSBURGH The parents of an 18-year-old Ohio man who suffered a brain injury while snowboarding claim in a lawsuit that doctors at a northwestern Pennsylvania hospital intentionally killed him so they could harvest his organs.

The lawsuit claims that Hamot Medical Center doctors and a representative of the Center For Organ Recovery and Education caused Gregory Jacobs' death by administering medication and by removing his breathing tube, causing him to suffocate.

"But for the intentional trauma or asphyxiation of Gregory Jacobs, he would have lived, or, at the very least, his life would have been prolonged," the lawsuit said.

The suit was filed Wednesday in U.S. District Court in Pittsburgh by Jacobs' parents, Michael and Teresa Jacobs, of Bellevue, Ohio. It seeks more than $5 million for their son's pain and suffering, medical bills and funeral expenses, plus punitive damages.

*snip*

The suit claims Hamot contacted the Center for Organ Recovery and Education about the donation of Jacobs' organs even though his parents, who were at the hospital, wanted him to live. CORE directed that Jacobs' organs be removed in the absence of a valid consent, the suit said.

Link

I've never experienced it but I've heard the stories about how aggressive these agencies can be with grieving families.

If it is true that they took these organs without consent something needs to be done.
    2009 CU Pro Football Pick'em Champ

I have it in writing - my body parts are mine. They go to the grave with me.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

I signed a card that said they could have my corneas and kidneys. If my liver recovered from my college years, they can have that, too.

No agency or doctor has the right to take organs without the consent card or the consent of the next of kin. I always thought that Monty Python bit about Live Organ Donations was funny, but not really in light of cases like this.

I won't do it. I won't allow it. I refuse. I refuse to allow it to be done to anyone I love either.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    I won't do it. I won't allow it. I refuse. I refuse to allow it to be done to anyone I love either.
    How come?

Quote Originally Posted by wilbur View Post
    How come?
    My own reasons.