Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Democrats nearly double Limbaugh's audience 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    "Every Time They Open their mouth's Limbaugh makes more money . Dirty Harry Helped last time and now the Obamatron's adding to Rush's massive retirement fund !

The Democrats' conspiracy to demonize Rush Limbaugh, directed from the Obama White House, has the talk radio icon laughing all the way to the bank. Todayís U.S. News Political Bulletin reports Rush Limbaugh is a clear winner this week: His ratings have nearly doubled since his feud with the White House burst into the media limelight. Byron York asked Rush about the effect the Democrats' plot has had on Rush's business: The latest numbers I have are for January, well before this kerfuffle began, and they are through the roof -- six shares in NY, for example. There are daily...

According to Talkers Magazine, since the Democrats' conspiracy was put in motion, Rush's audience has grown from 14 million to 25 million.

In the following video, Chris Matthews calls the plot a great stimulus program:

http://cayankee.blogs.com/cayankee/2...-audience.html

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Dementocrats Continue Assault On Mt. Rush

Chairman Pecksniff calls DNC meeting to order.

First item of business: daily condemnation of that deplorable Mr. Limbaugh.Someone needs to get a message to the Pecksniffian Dementocrats,Brian Wolff, running the DNC:

if you are going to moralize, you must have morals; otherwise, you come across as a sanctimonious prig.

Friday's dustup started when Rush Limbaugh said that Obama's proposed health care revisions will be championed by "the great liberal lion Teddy Kennedy," and added, "Before it's all over, it'll be called the Ted Kennedy Memorial Health Care bill.

" Dementocrat Brian Wolff, executive director of the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee, immediately charged that this statement was "outrageous and reprehensible." See Democrats blast Limbaugh for comment on Kennedy. The Obamapologists at the ethically-challenged magazine The Atlantic didn't miss a beat, weighing in with a claim that "Rush Limbaugh suggested today that Sen. Ted Kennedy, who underwent brain surgery in June and has a long history of working on health care policy, will be dead by the time President Obama's current health reform initiative passes Congress."

Actually, Limbaugh suggested nothing of the sort. Here is everything he said pertaining to Ted Kennedy on his March 6 program [underlining added by me]:

I asked the question yesterday, the soonest we're going to get health care reform -- and, by the way, the Democrats are pushing for this fall, they'd like it as soon as they can -- if they get national health care, folks, the country as you and I have known it is over, but the failing health of Senator Kennedy is, as I told you way back when, the driving force here. The failing health of Senator Kennedy is already being used as an inspirational effort, or technique, to get national health care on the fast track. * * *

So [Obama has] . . . moved on to health care. This is highly visible, it's news leading, gets a great focus, plus it has the great liberal lion Teddy Kennedy pushing it. Before it's all over it will be called the Ted Kennedy Memorial Health Care Bill. So when you have the banking and the credit problem still unfixed and with health care still unfixed, they'll move on to another caring story: alternate energy -- I don't know; your guess is as good as mine. But whatever it is, the approval numbers will go up because it's not what Obama accomplishes; it's what he cares about.

There is absolutely nothing "outrageous" or "reprehensible" about that discourse, and Limbaugh certainly did not suggest that "Kennedy . . . will be dead by the time President Obama's current health reform initiative passes Congress." Only a Dementocrat would take such meanings from perfectly fair commentary on the Obama health care proposal and the Democrats' tactics being used to push it through Congress.

Now for the "oops" part. Sean Hannity at FOX News set his staff to work and dug out quotes of Senate Democrats saying exactly the same things about Kennedy and the health care proposal. The quotes included the exact same words, "liberal lion," and made precisely the same point - - that the health care bill will be a testament to Kennedy for his years of work on health care reform. When confronted with actual facts by Hannity, a Democratic panelist started muttering about "context.

" The only difference in context being, obviously, that when conservative Rush Limbaugh states the truth, it is "reprehensible," but when any Democratic Party hack says the same thing, that's just fine.

What is patently obvious here is that the Dementocrat moralizing and tsk-tsking at Limbaugh has no basis in a value system. It is sheer opportunism, intended to gull the public.

Unless anyone mistake my meaning, here is what I intend:

Pecksniffian: Unctuously hypocritical. (After the Charles Dickens character Seth Pecksniff in Martin Chuzzlewit.)

Sanctimonious: Hypocritically pious or devout.

Prig: One who demonstrates an exaggerated propriety, especially in an irritatingly arrogant or smug manner.

Example of usage: Brian Wolff, the Pecksniffian executive director of the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee, is a sanctimonious prig.

Clear enough?
    http://www.theamericansentinel.com/j...n-mt-rush.html

I avoided listening to Rush for years. I believed the coverage about him and viewed him as a sanctimonious prick. Then I started listening to him. WOW - was I wrong.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    I avoided listening to Rush for years. I believed the coverage about him and viewed him as a sanctimonious prick. Then I started listening to him. WOW - was I wrong.
    Seems to me like he just wants ratings, and doesn't really mind if he damages the GOP whilst he does it.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldwater View Post
    Seems to me like he just wants ratings, and doesn't really mind if he damages the GOP whilst he does it.
    I actually started listening to him from time to time recently, and I enjoy listening to him. How do you think he is damaging the GOP?

Quote Originally Posted by Celtic Rose View Post
    I actually started listening to him from time to time recently, and I enjoy listening to him. How do you think he is damaging the GOP?
    Because hes more ego than principle, more about attention than actually advancing ideas. Where was Rush during Bush? He stands for most of the right things, but otherwise he is an entertainer, not a political figure.
    Last edited by Goldwater; 03-07-2009 at 12:16 PM.

And pray tell how is he going to damage the GOP? By pulling them away from being democrat lite?

Because hes more ego than principle, more about attention than actually advancing ideas. Where was Rush during Bush? He stands for most of the right things, but otherwise he is an entertainer, not a political figure.
    spoken like someone who does not listen to the show. That's exactly what i used to think before I became a regular listener.

Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    spoken like someone who does not listen to the show. That's exactly what i used to think before I became a regular listener.
    I have listened to him.

I have listened to him.
    Listening once in a blue moon is not enough. You have to listen regularly to get it.