Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    Be careful. Are you certain that they are not of God? POSITIVELY ABSOLUTELY COMPLETELY AND TOTALLY?
    Deuteronomy 18:20-22
    But a prophet who presumes to speak in my name anything I have not commanded him to say, or a prophet who speaks in the name of other gods, must be put to death.”

Dt 18:21 You may say to yourselves, “How can we know when a message has not been spoken by the Lord?” 22 If what a prophet proclaims in the name of the Lord does not take place or come true, that is a message the Lord has not spoken. That prophet has spoken presumptuously. Do not be afraid of him.
    Benny Hinn
    “The Lord also tells me to tell you in the mid-nineties, about ‘94 or ‘95, no later than that, God will destroy the homosexual community of America”
    http://www.pfo.org/prophecy.htm

Pat Robertson
    Note these facts bringing history in conformity with prophecy: In 1975 Ethiopia fell to communism; in 1979 the Shah of Iran fell and, probably before 1980 ends, Iran will be a Soviet puppet; Somalia is a Marxist country and Libya tilts to the Soviets; Mideast oil is the key to world domination; the Soviets have moved 200,000 troops to Afghanistan. . .

The coming Middle East war is an absolute certainty, as is the destruction of the Soviet Union. All available economic and military intelligence pinpoints 1982 as the optimum time for such a Soviet strike. ... [Emphasis, RW].

In June 1967 Israel captured East Jerusalem. The Chief Rabbi went to the Wailing Wall and blew the shofar, the ancient ram's-horn trumpet. Counting ten years from this blowing of trumpets in 1967, we find Egyptian President Sadat journeying to Jerusalem in 1977 and declaring, ' We agree to live at peace with you.'

For the next five years, a time of grace, the Israelis work out and amplify the peace, and there is an incredible final spiritual harvest throughout the Gentile world as millions are added to the kingdom of God. During the fifth year, in 1982, Russia strikes Israel, is defeated, and for seven years Israel makes symbolic offerings by fire of Russian war materiel. [Emphasis, RW]. These seven years are a transition period for Israel and the world. On the eighth year, there begins a new era -- a new beginning -- for Israel and for the world ("Pat Robertson's Perspective," A special report to members of the 700 Club, February/March 1980. pp. 3 & 5)!
    http://www.ministryserver.com/rwsr/p...e_prophets.htm

You decide...

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

The experts on scripture called Jesus a blasphemer and a heretic. Isaiah was also ridiculed and attacked . . . . and God spoke through an ass. If God can use an Ass - he can use Hinn - right?

I'm just counseling caution.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

The experts on scripture called Jesus a blasphemer and a heretic. Isaiah was also ridiculed and attacked . . . . and God spoke through an ass. If God can use an Ass - he can use Hinn - right?

I'm just counseling caution.
    We all serve God, one way or another. The Bible also counsels Christians to recognize false prophets and false teachers and to shun them. Jesus may have been called a blasphemer but he never spoke a falsehood. Isaiah was attacked because he spoke the truth of the coming invasion by Babylon and the people did not want to hear it. Again, Isaiah never said anything false. There are many who say false things daily and attribute their knowledge to God and then are proved false.

Jeremiah 23:16
    This is what the Lord Almighty says:

“Do not listen to what the prophets are prophesying to you;

they fill you with false hopes.

They speak visions from their own minds,

not from the mouth of the Lord.
    Teachers of the Word are held to much higher standards than the laity because they are the shepards of the people. When some shepards are leading people astry then it is the duty of their brothers to warn them so that they can choose having been exposed to all information.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    We all serve God, one way or another. The Bible also counsels Christians to recognize false prophets and false teachers and to shun them. Jesus may have been called a blasphemer but he never spoke a falsehood.
    Literally or figuratively?
    Isaiah was attacked because he spoke the truth of the coming invasion by Babylon and the people did not want to hear it. Again, Isaiah never said anything false. There are many who say false things daily and attribute their knowledge to God and then are proved false.
    Isaiah said nothing that was false that we know of - that was recorded in scripture.
    Jeremiah 23:16

Teachers of the Word are held to much higher standards than the laity because they are the shepards of the people. When some shepards are leading people astry then it is the duty of their brothers to warn them so that they can choose having been exposed to all information.
    And what of Jonah? :) Was he a false prophet? What he prophesied to Nineveh did not come to pass - did it? :p
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    Some said that about Jesus.
    This guy is in the "Jesus" category?
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

I have his book somewhere at home. I was never a pentecostal, and he is. But Wilkerson had this vision from God to help gang kids, and he went to NYC where he felt the spirit was moving him to go. I am never going to discount the the spirit's ability to lead people to help others.

The movie of The Cross And The Switchblade is pretty hilarious, though. Erik Estrada as a gang member? Pat Boone is more believeable as Wilkerson, though.

I don't necessarily believe the prophecies of preachers, though. So many of them have turned out wrong.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    We lost Jersey a long time ago...
    Screw you Jersey RULES.!!!!!!

Well on the other hand we are running out of places to bury bodies :(

7:15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
    7:16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?

(snip)

7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
    7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
    7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
    We already know everything we need to know in order to secure salvation (which is the only important thing here). Prophets, true or false, can't tell us anything of any more importance than what we can read for ourselves in scripture. Attending to these people isn't productive to Christians and it's up to grace in the case of nonbelievers.

There have been enough false prophets over the past 20 years to reach to the moon and back.

Literally or figuratively?
    Within the context of which he spoke he never uttered a falsehood. If he had he would not have be the unblemish lamb of God, suitable to take away the sins of the world. Since God grants us grace and salvation then it is understood that Christ did not sin and therefore did not lie because to lie would be a sin.

Isaiah said nothing that was false that we know of - that was recorded in scripture.
    Isaish spoke the words the Lord gave him to speak when Isaiah prophesized to the Hebrews. Since nothing in Scripture contradicts the prophecy that Isaiah spoke then it can be assured that he spoke the truth.

And what of Jonah? :) Was he a false prophet? What he prophesied to Nineveh did not come to pass - did it? :p
    In the case of Jonah, he was told if Nivevah repented of their sins then they would be spared. Since they did repent and were spared then the prophecy was true. God knowing all things, however, knew before hand that Nineveh would repent and thus added the stipulation when he gave the prophecy to Jonah.

C. S. Lewis

Billy Graham prophesized this same type message about New York about 3 or so years ago. He used slightly different words to describe what he saw. But the two messages sound like the same event.

Is this new pastor just being a copycat? Well, only time will tell. ;)