Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    Within the context of which he spoke he never uttered a falsehood. If he had he would not have be the unblemish lamb of God, suitable to take away the sins of the world. Since God grants us grace and salvation then it is understood that Christ did not sin and therefore did not lie because to lie would be a sin.
    saying that the pharisees were vipers would hardly be technically the truth you know . . . .
    Isaish spoke the words the Lord gave him to speak when Isaiah prophesized to the Hebrews. Since nothing in Scripture contradicts the prophecy that Isaiah spoke then it can be assured that he spoke the truth.
    You might want to double check that. :)

In the case of Jonah, he was told if Nivevah repented of their sins then they would be spared. Since they did repent and were spared then the prophecy was true. God knowing all things, however, knew before hand that Nineveh would repent and thus added the stipulation when he gave the prophecy to Jonah.
    where do you see that recorded in the book of Jonah? Scripture says: Jonah 3:4 And Jonah began to enter into the city a day's journey, and he cried, and said, Yet forty days, and Nineveh shall be overthrown.. According to the standard you have set - Jonah is a false prophet.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    saying that the pharisees were vipers would hardly be technically the truth you know . . . .
    So are you implying that Jesus lied?

You might want to double check that. :)
    Are you saying you have evidence that Isaiah lied?

where do you see that recorded in the book of Jonah? Scripture says: Jonah 3:4 And Jonah began to enter into the city a day's journey, and he cried, and said, Yet forty days, and Nineveh shall be overthrown.. According to the standard you have set - Jonah is a false prophet.
    First of all I did misquote from Jonah. The actual even that caused God to change was this.
    When God saw what they did and how they turned from their evil ways, he had compassion and did not bring upon them the destruction he had threatened.
    God had compassion on them because they repented.

Secondly I did not set the standard. Where do you get the impression that I set the standard.

So did the homosexuals all die or did they repent and stop being homosexuals before the late '90s? Is there reason that God should have changed his mind about what Benny Hinn claimed God told him?

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

So are you implying that Jesus lied?
    I'm saying that not everything Christ said was literally truth. He did often speak in parables and

Are you saying you have evidence that Isaiah lied?
    I'm saying that you don't have conculsive evidence that he was always 100% accurate in his prophesies.

First of all I did misquote from Jonah. The actual even that caused God to change was this.

God had compassion on them because they repented.
    Right - but Since Jonah prophesies their destruction in 40 days and the only evidence that we have that God changed his mind is Jonah - He could very well be labeled a false prophet. What he claimed would come to pass - did not.
    Secondly I did not set the standard. Where do you get the impression that I set the standard.
    Very well then - the standard you have chosen to apply. :)
    So did the homosexuals all die or did they repent and stop being homosexuals before the late '90s? Is there reason that God should have changed his mind about what Benny Hinn claimed God told him?
    I'm not defending His prophesy - I'm counseling caution.

I'm saying that not everything Christ said was literally truth. He did often speak in parables and
    I'm saying that you don't have conculsive evidence that he was always 100% accurate in his prophesies. [/quote]

As we both know Parables and hyperbole are analogies and exaggerations that highlight or explain a greater truth. When I walk outside and say "It's hotter than heck out here" that is not a lie althought the temp really isn't hotter than heck (however hot heck) but to quarrel on my or Jesus' usage of hyperbole is a bit silly. With Jesus, he did not sin or else he would have been unacceptable as the paschol lamb. Since he was acceptable then we can state without doubt that he didn't lie.

As for Isaiah, I would stick by my assumption that because God spoke through him that all his prophecy will come to pass. To even suggest that God my not tell the truth is a path a don't care to tread which is what you are doing when you suggest that Isaiah my not be 100% accurate in his prophecy. Now I must counsel you to be causious.

Right - but Since Jonah prophesies their destruction in 40 days and the only evidence that we have that God changed his mind is Jonah - He could very well be labeled a false prophet. What he claimed would come to pass - did not.
    Very well then - the standard you have chosen to apply. :)
    I'm not defending His prophesy - I'm counseling caution.
    Now lets take a look at the Lords words concerning a prophet in light of Jonah and Benny Hinn.

Deuteronomy 18:7-20
    The Lord said to me: “What they say is good. I will raise up for them a prophet like you from among their brothers; I will put my words in his mouth, and he will tell them everything I command him. If anyone does not listen to my words that the prophet speaks in my name, I myself will call him to account.
    Since the people of Nineveh did listen to the words of the prophet they were not called to account. Jonah didn't presume to speak his own words but the words God gave him to speak. Thus Jonah was not a false prophet and the Lord was justified in not bringing destruction to Nineveh.

But a prophet who presumes to speak in my name anything I have not commanded him to say, or a prophet who speaks in the name of other gods, must be put to death.”
    Jonah didn't utter a false prophecy even though God's words didn't come to pass because the the city listened and repented. Benny Hinn, on the other hand, made statements in the name of God that the objects of his prophecy did not listen to and repent of their sin, and the prophecy did not come to pass. Thus Benny Hinn is a false prophet.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

How do you knowthat Hinn did not utter the words God gave him to speak?

How do you knowthat Hinn did not utter the words God gave him to speak?
    As I pointed out, his prophecy did not come true and the object of his prophecy did not repent.

C. S. Lewis

As I pointed out, his prophecy did not come true and the object of his prophecy did not repent.
    Perhaps someone else interceded on their behalf.

Perhaps someone else interceded on their behalf.
    Since you brought it up who might that be?

C. S. Lewis

Since you brought it up who might that be?
    No idea. Just saying what is possible. :)

I really don't know what to think of this. David Wilkerson is not known for being a crackpot. Before I clicked on the article I thought for sure it had to be Benny Hinn or Pat Robertson or one of the other false prophet extraodinaires.
    No way could it be Hinn or Robert Tilton or someone like that. You think they'd claim the world is coming to an end? Who's gonna send them a check if they think Armageddon is gonna happen before it can be cashed? Now if fools stopped sending their last buck to Tilton as some bogus faith seed offering it might be Tilton's Armageddon. ;)
    Better to die on your feet than live on your knees.