Thread: America's Reclamation Project

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    If you love them - get them out.

It's not that simple. I wish it was, but it isn't. There are still some good things in Detroit-WSU, the DIA and other museums, the Red Wings, and downtown is looking better than it has in a couple of decades, with the reopening of the Book-Cadillac hotel and the commuter train (the station has been built, but the tracks haven't been laid down yet) we're supposed to be getting along Woodward AVE. There has always been a good music scene here, even though Barry Gordy stabbed us in the back when he moved Motown to LA. There are also still some nice parts of town, although now that the city employees don't have to live in the city anymore, the "copper valley" neighborhoods are no longer the middle class areas they were 10 years ago.

There are also still around 850, 000 people living there-old people who can't leave, young kids who have no choice, and people with churches and communities. I've thought that what was needed a long time ago, was an aggressive small business development program, but everyone kept pinning their hopes on the auto industry rebounding.

I could plan a trip for a conservative to Detroit, in which even he would have a good time. It's never been as dangerous as people think-it is if you are a black male under 40, but with a little caution, it's not that dangerous for the rest of us. Red Wings tickets are at an all-time low for a cup-holding team. The billboard I saw advertised 2 tickets, 2 hot dogs and two pops for $45. Out of all 4 teams, they're the one most likely to get another championship in the next 5 years.

Banned
    Yers but the democrats in PA are the stupid labor union types. Not the elitist snop types. I guess we could relocate all the resident of Detroit to Seattle :) Does that suit your sense of justice better?
    Sounds good to me. Could we send a few from Jersey with them?

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    It's not that simple. I wish it was, but it isn't. There are still some good things in Detroit-WSU, the DIA and other museums, the Red Wings, and downtown is looking better than it has in a couple of decades, with the reopening of the Book-Cadillac hotel and the commuter train (the station has been built, but the tracks haven't been laid down yet) we're supposed to be getting along Woodward AVE. There has always been a good music scene here, even though Barry Gordy stabbed us in the back when he moved Motown to LA. There are also still some nice parts of town, although now that the city employees don't have to live in the city anymore, the "copper valley" neighborhoods are no longer the middle class areas they were 10 years ago.

There are also still around 850, 000 people living there-old people who can't leave, young kids who have no choice, and people with churches and communities. I've thought that what was needed a long time ago, was an aggressive small business development program, but everyone kept pinning their hopes on the auto industry rebounding.

I could plan a trip for a conservative to Detroit, in which even he would have a good time. It's never been as dangerous as people think-it is if you are a black male under 40, but with a little caution, it's not that dangerous for the rest of us. Red Wings tickets are at an all-time low for a cup-holding team. The billboard I saw advertised 2 tickets, 2 hot dogs and two pops for $45. Out of all 4 teams, they're the one most likely to get another championship in the next 5 years.
    A friend of mine's husband works for Cadillac as a design engineer. He does the central column display layouts and stuff. ANYHOW - I went to visit them a couple of years ago for thanksgiving. I know what Detriot is like. It's UGLY +1. Dirty. And I would not advise anyone to visit unless they must. And you say the redwings like it's a good thing?? please lady! :p
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Lars1701a View Post
    Sounds good to me. Could we send a few from Jersey with them?
    OH. Are we leveling that shithole too?
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

A friend of mine's husband works for Cadillac as a design engineer. He does the central column display layouts and stuff. ANYHOW - I went to visit them a couple of years ago for thanksgiving. I know what Detriot is like. It's UGLY +1. Dirty. And I would not advise anyone to visit unless they must. And you say the redwings like it's a good thing?? please lady! :p

I've lived in Metro Detroit for 22 years. I've never been a victim of a crime, and I lived in the city for 12 of those years.

You might hate the Red Wings, but Stanley has been here a lot since 1997.